It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asktheanimals' Art (new pics added 8/23/18 page 6)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This thread will be discussed tonight on Out of The Box!

Join the OOB crew TONIGHT as they discuss the weird and wonderful world of ATS....

SHOW HOSTS: NoRegretsEver, Above Board, Wrabbit2000, ImaMarty, Darkblade71, and Druid42 SHOW GUESTS: MrBigDog1974, Destinyone, Asktheanimals, and Alfred2012.

Show times Monday 10 pm GMT (UK), 11 pm CET (Europe Monday 10 pm EST, 9 pm CST, 8 pm MST, 7 pm PST (North America) Tuesday 10 pm AEST (Australia)

OUT OF THE BOX

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
It's unusual to see such excellent work in such varied forms of expression. Simply awesome, & thanks for sharing your art with us. It's good news indeed that you plan to post more. I'm looking forward to seeing that.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
ATA ... a-ma-zing!! Would that I have been so blessed ...

Thank you for sharing your work with us.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Thanks everyone who's posted a comment and to the Out of the Box crew who were an absolute delight to talk with. I'm a pretty shy person actually and they made me feel right at home.

Our Skype connection unfortunately went out several times making for some confusion but due to the excellent editing skills of Druid42 you really can't tell.

My thanks to OOTB for having me as your guest.

I'm having some software issues with my scanner as I've never used it with my current computer so part 2 of the Art thread will hopefully be done before Christmas. My apologies for that.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Holy knife art batman
!! Incredible man, I am blown away! You are an awesome artist and the detail and colors are just magnificent. You brought out my selfishness immediately, as in I WANT ONE OF THOSE!!
Those are the most beautiful knives I have eve seen bro! The jewelry and guns, wow, then you got drawing skills too, which I already knew but ATA, you are a genuine gifted individual both in your art and prose and I am grateful to share this cyber hood with you.
I have not painted in over 2 years, but I just got an easel and am going at it again. I can't do form stuff too well, I like to dabble in abstract, in an Impressionist kind of way, lingering between intention and application in a zen kind of way.
Are you on Etsy or do you sell anything? This stuff made my day and thank you so much for sharing.

Peace and inspiration,
spec
edit on 14-12-2013 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I do an occasional portrait but that's about it for commission work. Not even enough to keep my skills up I'm afraid. But thanks for the compliments, that's very nice of you to say.
Glad to hear you're painting again. Creative guy you are I bet you come up with some great paintings.
I wish I had more imagination. I've always envied the guys that can do comic books or the fantasy guys like Frank Frazetta. Heck, I'd be thrilled to do nice oil landscapes like the Hudson river school but alas, I do what I do and it's ok for what it is.
It's never been an effortless process to me, I really have to struggle ( my early drawings were as much erasing and smudging as drawing) to get things right. Engraving doesn't allow for erasing so that forced discipline on me.
I've had lots of art discipline which is why I've always remained an ignorant musician. I didn't want formal training to get in the way of the sonic visions in my head. I think you get what I mean by that. It seems the more technical musicians become the staler their work gets.
Thanks for coming to visit my thread and leave a comment. I should have a part 2 up in a week.
Merry Christmas Spec!
ATA

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Those knives are magnificent, a true work of art!!!
Are you still making engravings? Do you also make your own knifes, or only engravings?
Beautiful work mate.

Much love!

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryptical

Thanks for checking out my work!
No, I don't do any artwork anymore (disabled)
Everything has been sold that I'm not keeping for myself.
Reminds me I have tons of tools and equipment I need to get rid of.
Any starting engravers happen to read this please send me a PM.

I made a few knives though none are shown in this thread.
My knife making skills are nowhere near the makers who knives I engraved.
Ron Lake, Steve Hoel, Tim Herman and many other great knife makers are still working.

edit on 1-12-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Holy crap. I just clicked on your link in your signature. You are super amazing!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I saw the link that's on the bottom of your posts and decided to click it because I was curious; which brought me here. I'm glad I did. Those were amazing. I don't know which one I liked best. The Eagle Dancers on the rifle were great. I liked the otter, too. The others were equally good. I'd like to see more if you have anything else.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Beautiful knives. All your work is great. I found your link at the bottom of a post you just made. Thank you for the amazing work of art plus talent!

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
wow, i just saw your link.
May i say Absolutely Stunning!

Such Beauty Power and Magic Combined to Create Magnificent works of Art.

Brilliant!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

While I have seen Your signature dozens of times before today from lurking and reading Your posts, specifically the link for Your art, through my own laziness had never clicked it. Until now.

(I am kicking myself in the ass over NOT coming here until now!!!)

WOW! I have been missing out on some fantastic artworks! You have been blessed with an awesome ability!! Truly wonderful pieces of art you have shown us! Thank You for posting them here! Very Good work!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Great looking art!!!
I wish I had the patience to create such beauty.

Sorry to hear your disabled and not and doing art anymore.... but hey your creating music, almost the same thing.
AWESOME WORK!

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Truly amazing work..

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Very impressive work. I love those drawings.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Friggin amazing. Thanks for sharing your talents.
I love the animal foot prints.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
Friggin amazing. Thanks for sharing your talents.
I love the animal foot prints.

Woo HOO!!
Somebody likes animal tracks.
You are the first to even mention them I believe.
Made my day.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Are you still creating inspiring art?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Not visual art but hopefully you stil are.
I am making music, dunno how inspiring it is.
Link is in my signature.
How you been Brotherman?
You had some interesting ideas last time we talked.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join