It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany: US may have targeted Merkel's cellphone.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
Just who are the people in the NSA? How many are at the top?

Maybe if you click on one of the umpteen NSA ads that have been pelting us on many of the ATS pages lately (and I assume I'm not the only one that gets them
) there's probably a link to click on somewhere in the ad/vid that may answer some questions...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
European leaders have called a meeting to discuss American snooping, and I don't blame them, this is serious.
This is just insane, the level of spying and the fact that the US sees EVERYONE as fair game to be bugged and spied on.
In the UK, the phone hacking scandal caused absolute outrage because they tapped the phones of ordinary people and celebs, and the phone of a missing (later found murdered) girl.

I think the US is worse than all of that, Murdoch is a saint compared to them.
The US just loves the whole espionage/cold-war thing so much, that they've convinced themselves over the years that spying on EVERYONE is a good idea.
It's absolutely just disturbing.

I know America is generally a paranoid nation but this really takes the biscuit.
They will soon find themselves without any international allies or support and this scandal (i'm sure there's much more to come too) has caused irreparable damage.

Not everyone is out to get you and not everyone should be spied on.

edit on 24-10-2013 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

stargatetravels

I know America is generally a paranoid nation but this really takes the biscuit.

America may be a paranoid nation, but they're also passive. NEVER EVER would something arise from a violation of their privacy...see what is the result of the Snowden revelations?

Rather than outrage over an incredibly massive spying and interconnection of FB, Twitter, Google, Microsoft etc. and harvesting of millions of "social network profiles" - literally no-one gives a damn ****. The story was turned into the "Edward Snowden - the Traitor" story ..while CONVENIENTLY totally ignoring and dismissing the actual ISSUE at hand, the spying on US citizens. (People on CNN etc. didn't even comment ON THE ISSUE or actually *realized* what the story is really about but instead wasting time assessing whether Snowden is a traitor or not.. THIS is the reality).

I already said months ago that if anything arises from this then it's ONLY from (with the help of..) other countries, in particular Germany. Germans do NOT take any privacy violations lightly, but even Merkel failed taking actions up UNTIL NOW since it was found that her mobile was found tagged/tapped. Kinda ironic

The US loses a lot of credibility since now their "excuse" to use domestic (and global) spying for prevention of terrorist attacks obviously doesn't hold any more. The NSA definitely stepped over their boundaries there, obviously for them..boundaries don't even exist.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Merkel should be used to it, having grown up in a country (East Germany) that routinely tapped its citizens phones.

This is REALLY bad for U.S. foreign relations. Its evil and stupid. Doing it is evil, letting it be revealed is stupid.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Hello guys; I’ve just been to the CIA website and after typing in their password “NoBradleyManning” came across this transcript…

Merkel to advisor: “I don’t think Obama is very intelligent if he’s been spying on his best friends, but I’ll give him a call to complain…”
Phone: "Please wait while we try to connect your call, your call is being listened too... Please wait whilst we try to connect your call...

Hello you have reached Obama's personal voice messaging service. If you are ringing to complain about foreign policy please email [email protected], if it's about spying then [email protected] Otherwise please leave a personal message after the echo-click."

Obama: Hello Merkel
Merkel: “Obama what do you think you are doing?”
Obama: “Reading War & Peace -whilst playing a game of Chess”
Merkel: “Is it true you’ve been spying on me?”
Obama: “I would never spy on you in the future –our capabilities aren’t that strong yet. But I might have spied at some time in the past.” www.bbc.co.uk...
Merkel: “Are you spying on me right now?”
Obama: “I think maybe I should answer that question after your advisor has the left the room you’re in –and closed the door behind him.”

Merkel: “This has got to stop! When I gave you my mobile number it was for diplomatic emergencies –not so that the CIA could offer me MOT coverage.”
Obama: “Was there anything wrong with the brakes? All countries spy on each other –it’s what friends do.”

Merkel: “That’s not the point! If the CIA can spy on me, anyone can access that information! I had a 12 year old ringing me up, asking me to help him with his home-work. He said he had found my number online, at first I didn’t believe him, but then I Googled it, and it was in some documents marked “top secret”.

Obama: “Then why aren’t you complaining to Snowden?”

(Phone hung up).

Merkel to Advisor: “We’ll tell the public that phone call went very well, and Obama is extremely sorry. Now where's my secretary –tell her to organise a press conference”.

Phone rings…
Obama: “Your secretary is sick today. But a press conference has already been arranged. PS I know what you did last Summit. Play ball, or else… (chess pawn number 3).”

[size=134]Seriously...
What exactly will-can Merkel do about being under surveillance?
What are the likely consequence to America –the world if this sort of stuff continues? Is it just better spying techniques, or something worse?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Seriously Europe could do a lot of things. But ususally they get asleep when it is about their American friend.
Also ATS could move things. But look at the important things right now:

Melting Starfish and Odd Orca Behavior in Pacific Ocean
Apollo 9: Gigantic Cilindrical Objects caught in front of the Moon...
UFO Crash In Peru Seen By American Soldier believes Aliens Have Underground Peruvian Base

There is no interest in reality even in this forum. Like in Orwell's 1984 85% of the people are not interested in reality.

Those 15% that stay are only interested in themselves or in their temporary problems.
If this is not true, than propaganda will make it true. A lot of people are selling their souls to make alien # more important than real life. Even here.
edit on 28-10-2013 by Siddharta because: typos

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join