It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chase, HSBC & others nationwide Limit Cash Withdrawals, Ban International Wires

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

gardener

So apparently a major bank branch isn't ready for a 2,000 withdrawal, and requires a few days notice!

Large cash withdrawal on personal accounts has been this way for a long time with most banks I know of. About eight years ago after selling a house I had to deposit and withdraw a sizable amount between a couple different banks and you should have heard the wailing they put on.

IMO the answer is pretty simple, they like taking in cash. They hate giving it out even if it's yours.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Some of this may be because of some recent announcements from the Federal Reserve concerning the Basel III rules.

Yes, you are dead on correct.

If you look at what Chase and other large banks are doing with their deposit accounts, they are requiring minimum balances for their clients on all deposit accounts. The goal is to garner as much capital reserves as they can to meet the rather stiff Basel III capital requirements. So stiff that small and regional banks are lobbying and raising a holy uproar to have these capital reserves lessened.

Bottom line - We will have a global bank, a global currency, a world religion, and a global army all in due time. The old "systems" - and that includes are outdated banking system - needs to collapse before the "new" architecture can be implemented.

The big banks will eventually merge into a super bank - Merge BOA, Chase, Wells, and CITI, and you are pretty much there already in the U.S. Basically, you'll be left with a single banking institution - either nationalized and run by the government, or in private, centralized hands.

Centralization will continue to occur in every sphere.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

one word: bit coins... there international money transfer for free...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Hey so I had an idea...can you go to a different branch tomorrow and try again. Only this time leave your phones camera on video and try to get a clip we can hear. Not only would that really satisfy my desire to do it myself (Im at the end of my school loan period or I'd go ham and try 4-5 branches and varying amounts up to 15,000-20,000) and would be excellent to have to show people when I tell them this is happening face to face.

ETA: The video is only important to prove its a real bank and a real manager or whatever your talking to. Again not because I dont believe you...but I'm sure plenty won't until its "in black and white".
edit on 23-10-2013 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
From HSBC, I've taken a whooping 20k in one shot back in 2003 (I am a flipper) without a problem nor even a delay other than counting the money.

Now, taking out 2,000 one has to wait days? Sure, some folks will claim it's always been the case for damage control. Sure. Doesn't make sense, since hyperflation is in effect, and a rent, a car, a furniture or whatever, is alot more $$$ than it used to be 10 yrs ago.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Panic2k11
reply to post by sirric

one word: bit coins... there international money transfer for free...

Doesn't seem like such a stupid idea now does it?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

TheMistro81
reply to post by FFS4000

Wouldn't stopping international wires be a good thing? It keeps our money here, and in my mind, I'm thinking it would stop people from stuffing their off-shore bank accts?

Maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about though... quite possible.

But indeed, this as a whole, does not look good. More and more we are being told what we can and cannot do.

The guys running the show have years ago off-loaded their US interests except for the moolah: which is parked as far away as you can get without a stationary orbit.
If I was them, I'd take advantage one more time of writing laws that protected my gigantic wad and flamed yours.
It's all simply inhuman nature. Wooo- you can steal that one too.

Just in respect to that compliance thing:
a co-worker and a hard kind of the same, a couple of years ago:
"I've got a problem with people telling me what I can't do."
That sunk in good and deep. Words to live by, Ranger. Thumb.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Banks are doing my head in right now.

[in the UK] I got a letter from my bank the other day saying my account had been upgraded and that this would change some charges and policys. BUT DIDNT SAY WHAT HAD CHANGED?!?!

Gee thanks, i guess i will try and get in on a lunch break from work while the bank is open to the people who have money to use them (grrr) and find out what exactly they have done "for me" - which i suspect is in fact very likely "for them".

le sigh.

Good luck USA people, you need it

edit on 24-10-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Doesn't seem like such a stupid idea now does it?

Well to tell ya the truth it is a stupid idea, but a) it is not much stupider that the current alternatives b) it remains as valid as any alternative while it is seen as of some worth to other like minded idiots. I wouldn't bank on it (well I wouldn't bank on paper money today also, not even gold or silver especially at this stage of the game) but for time specific operations or short interchanges I see no problem with it and many advantages...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This is all part of the globalist/IMF plan to implode the american economy. Capital controls are the second to last item on the blueprint for a complete IMF takeover of a country.

This info comes courtesy of former chief economist of the World Bank, Joe Stiglitz, who quit (or rather, was forced out) after he refused to comply with the NWO one-world government agenda. After Stiglitz's public dismissal, some several hundred pages of classified IMF documents appeared on the desks of newsrooms.

Stiglitz, naturally, denies leaking the intel. But the documents are legit, and in great detail they expose the IMF plan for destroying countries.

As stated earlier, widespread capital controls--restricting your access to your money and keeping money within the country--is the second to last item on the list.

And the last agenda-item on the blueprint? Well, that's what is affectionately known as the "IMF Riot," which usually involves the deliberate triggering of civil unrest by doing something like... this.

During the shutdown, the government talked about turning off all EBT welfare cards. Even now that the government is back online, the government is still cutting benefits for all 100 million americans on the system.

This is all planned, this is all deliberate. The writing is on the wall--our so-called "leaders" are crashing the system on purpose, and plan to profit from the widespread bloodshed and chaos that comes next.

If you haven't already--please prepare yourselves to weather a serious storm. Buy food, water, medicine, ammo... and if you have money left over, invest in gold/silver.

Get ready to protect yourselves, because you aren't going to want any part of the "protection" this criminal government will offer you.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
What I am okay with: You can't withdraw too much money in one day, but if you want to call to arrange a pickup (or delivery) of said funds, it can be maid to order. Why? Because it's unrealistic to expect a bank to have all the money in the world if you want to withdraw like $2mil in a day. However the time of transfer should not be more than 72hrs.

What I am not okay with: Banks saying that you can't withdraw a set amount regardless how large or small it is, even by ordering the amount within 72hrs.

My problem with Chase: It seems that every time I owe money on my credit card, they lock my account for some reason and it makes it very difficult to pay it off. Often times, I can't even login due to a "technical error". Calling in gives me the runaround and it pisses me off.

My problem with Bank of America: They not only sold my personal information to third party corporations but they sold out America. Sure, they are not alone but they accepted bail-out money and said they would create jobs. They ended up firing their employees and moving their call centers overseas to the Philippines for like $1.40/hr. Meanwhile, they raised the fees on everything by a considerable amount.

My problem with Credit Unions: Finding an ATM is near-impossible and I have never found their credit card offers to be useful. Obviously they are better in other regards but if you do international business, a credit union is not for you.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
More Bank Employees (this time Chase) seemingly OBLIVIOUS of withdrawal Limits on Business accounts:

In contrast, a customer who requested to open account & wire overseas: "I personally visited Chase Bank and inquired about setting up an account and asked if I could wire money out of the country or withdraw the amounts of cash listed in their letter. I was told no, and that I would have to “qualify” with them for a special type of international bank account and would have to deposit huge amounts of money and pay fees to be able to access those services."

In further damage control hypocrisy, Chase has gone so far as:

Chase Bank Claims Concern About Capital Controls is an “Overreaction”

usweekly.com...

www.naturalnews.com...

yet..

Confirmed: Chase bank drops the hammer on capital controls; no money allowed to transfer out of USA starting Nov. 17th

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

No need to OVER-EXAGERATE.

Maybe.... just maybe limiting overseas transfers might stop some hard fanatical group from getting the funds they need for some purpose of theirs.

Why would anyone want to transfer over $50,000 anyway? Unless that person is moving to another Country or has already moved and want to shift their cash into a Bank in that Country.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Do you mean to tell me you have no problem with a bank.telling you.how to USE YOUR OWN MONEY?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

TheMistro81
reply to post by FFS4000

Wouldn't stopping international wires be a good thing? It keeps our money here, and in my mind, I'm thinking it would stop people from stuffing their off-shore bank accts?

Maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about though... quite possible.

But indeed, this as a whole, does not look good. More and more we are being told what we can and cannot do.

Hi there, unfortunately it's written : PERSONNAL international wire transfert. It's probably for a reason.. businesses could probably still do this.

Peace out.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Or maybe their kid is University over seas.

Or they bought a vacation home overseas.

Or bought something crazy off Ebay from overseas.

Or invested in a company overseas.

Or wanted to move money into a bank in a country they plan on visiting for several months.

Or a bunch of legitimate reasons that have nothing to do with extremism or terrorism.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
If the banks, big or small, are holding that little amount of cash in them that a few people walking in and wanting $5K in hundreds or twenties is enough to clean them out, then a run on the bank is almost certain.

All it would take is one loud customer yelling, 'WHADDUYA MEAN, I CAN'T HAVE MY MONEY??' and a few texts later, there's an angry line forming...

And if Chase is limiting their international exchanges to 'certain business customers' who are willing to pay a fee for the privilege, then in essence, they're saying that the little guy can't send his money out of the country, but the big guys can; and by definition, the drug dealers and cartels are the big guys. Along with the Mitt Romneys of the world, of course.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This isn't an international thing but I went to withdrawal what I felt was not a large amount (under 3k). I was waiting and the manager came to ask me to sit in her office. I was a little worried - thinking something had happened to my account - had just had a card cancelled by the bank due to a large scale fraud thing with the magnetic strips. She told me that although their daily limit was 3500 they did not have that much on site unless I wanted a whole lot of 10's and 20's. I told her I didn't care how she gave it to me but I didn't want to break them either (I mean really - this is a bank and my request wasn't that much in the sceme of things but trying to be good about it). In the end she gave me some in cash and the rest in a cashiers check. Her explanation - they order money a week in advance and if more people make withdrawals than anticipated this sort of thing happens - so call ahead and make sure they know so they can order more money.

I could not have planned this though - my card had been cancelled to protect my account from fraud and all of my bills were paid through the card. Lesson learned - don't rely on the bank to be there with your money if you need it in a hurry. At the click of a mouse they can cancel credit/debit cards (for protection but also could do just because). Then when you need money they can just say they don't have it. I've heard of others experiencing this but it hits home when its you.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Unless that person is moving to another Country or has already moved and want to shift their cash into a Bank in that Country.

Ding ding ding! Why would an one want to put their lifesaving in a country where the government can't even stay open, the dollar is hyperinflated down to pennies, and yet FDIC is insuring only 2 tenths of a cent per 'insured dollar' meanwhile US is supposed to me a most civilized country?

Like I say, no exaggeration needed. Just links to the direction of policies, as well as end-user accounts of shady policies, such as not having a couple thousand dollars withdrawal at hand, and all Federal Credit Unions already officially banning overseas wires.

How are the 6 million Americans and ex-Americans (roughly 2% of the US citizens) that are already now living abroad, many if not most in the process of either expatriating or retaining dual citizenship, going to transfer their life saving to their new home away from former home?

Their money shouldn't be held hostage in global terrorist America, rampantly depreciating with the collapsing US banking system.

November 1st, 'all hell breaks loose'! - Neil (see that post)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

TruthxIsxInxThexMist

No need to OVER-EXAGERATE.

Maybe.... just maybe limiting overseas transfers might stop some hard fanatical group from getting the funds they need for some purpose of theirs.

Why would anyone want to transfer over $50,000 anyway? Unless that person is moving to another Country or has already moved and want to shift their cash into a Bank in that Country.

50,000 is not a lot of money to move, not for any reasonably sized business.

50,000 is not a lot of money to have, not for any reasonably prudent individual who knows how to save his money.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join