It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO/FLARE FOOTAGE IN ICELAND???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Came across this video depicting a glowing ball slowly descending down on a village/town in Iceland, looks like some kind of flare but need more info on this..like did any of the villagers see this, is there any other footage ect... Strange one this, do flares have fight charastics like this, do they somehow depict or mimic a controlled flight characteristic??? What is the ATS members views on this...

www.youtube.com...

"The 43 second clip shows the illuminated mass speeding towards the ground and then disappearing behind some properties.

The mystery event is believed to have occurred in Akureyri and has left everyone scratching their heads wondering what it could have been.

*Or it could be an asteroid. Or a blimp. Or marsh gas… We don’t know".

link; metro.co.uk...
edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Saw this earlier in the news. My thought was a meteor but it does appear to be moving very slow for that. It also looks as if it continues to burn/light up when it finally hits...you can see where it lands then back the video up and see there is no light there prior.
edit on 10/23/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Yeah i was thinking Meteor the whole time, then it passed in front of the hills, then passed in front of buildings as it faded out!

No idea what it was or even could be. Meteors certainly dont do that!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

could it be a burning Chinese lantern falling?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Sorry but ...

Light descends from sky to town caught by camera - UFO/Meteor??

The jury's still out but I think it's an RC toy ...who knows

Here's the video from the guy that captured the object .

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

An RC toy would explain why the light is still shining after the object lands (or appears to land). It just doesn't have the feel of an RC toys. Looks to smooth. Strange how it just popped up. I don't think this is a hoax. Might be RC toys. Just don't know. Strange video....

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

gortex

Sorry but ...

Light descends from sky to town caught by camera - UFO/Meteor??

The jury's still out but I think it's an RC toy ...who knows

Here's the video from the guy that captured the object .

Cheers, should have done a ATS search, MODs can delete if appropriate...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Interesting , it also makes a turn at the first seconds of entry still flashing at the end makes it more curious??

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Now this is a tricky one to say the least!
I have watched it a few times to try and see if this is an object or not,but i cannot really tell.
It does look like a flare but it there is no sign of it being fired from anywhere,and not only that it seems to appear from nowhere.
This one has got me to honest!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

I don't think this is a hoax.

Neither do I the original uploader seems genuine to me , he has many web cam , sky and chemtrail videos but no UFOs that I could see in fact he says ...

I got the movie live at that time d 29 September 2013 and discovered a strange glowing ball falling from the sky. It's not a helicopter or a plane, clear to see. I have had the opportunity to believe it is a kind of drone.

So given the video looks like others I've seen of RC toys with lights and the comment from the guy that recorded it I tend to agree with him , even though I'm not 100% on this one

edit on 23-10-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It doesn't come into the frame lit up either. It begins to glow/burn after it is in frame. Stumped.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Vasa Croe
It doesn't come into the frame lit up either. It begins to glow/burn after it is in frame. Stumped.

Maybe it was out of frame or the cameras range ect , so appearing to come from nowhere, still it is a strange one to say the least...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I still think it had the behaviour of ball lightning, that is something I have seen.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Definitely a UFO. And when I say UFO, I mean the literal definition. In case people forget what UFO stands for.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Emerys

I'm not so sure , possible UFO probable RC aircraft .
After downloading the video and watching it a few more times I see that the sudden brightness may be down to the camera as the aircraft is lit when it first comes into shot .

I thought it was coming from further back but now I'm not so sure , I don't think it's that far away from where it comes in to land and it was a controlled landing .

To me it's not unidentified because I'm pretty sure it's a quadcopter

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
It's very likely a rocket parachute flare:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
To me it resembles someone pointing a laser at a window behind the camera giving the appearance that it's something outside..

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
this is a bit odd – I went outside last night for a crafty cig, I looked up and saw a ball of light the apparent size and colour as the object in the video, it faded into view got as large as a pea held at arms length kind of did a bit of a circle (maybe a spiral coming down) then slowly faded out – the whole lasted about 10 seconds

I live in the middle of a Finnish forest there was no planes that I could hear

My thought at the time was it was a meteor I was seeing at an odd angle

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Yes, the "flare theory" fits nicely.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

elevenaugust
It's very likely a rocket parachute flare:

I would say that looks about right except the other video I don't see a smoke trail from the burn like this one.

new topics

top topics

join