It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis suspends 'bishop of bling' who spent €31m renovating a property

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Germany’s “Bling Bishop”, who sparked outrage after spending €15,000 of diocese money on a bathtub and €350,000 on walk-in wardrobes, has been suspended after falling foul of the famously frugal Francis I.

www.independent.co.uk...

Way to go Pope Francis, Way to go !

...But please stay vigilant or "THEY" will stop you ANYWAY
edit on 23-10-2013 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

Hey im sure that walk in wardrobe is value for money. You know what they say.....What they got hid in there closets?...Well it must be something big at that price!...And those men have always got something hid in there

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

Love the new pope, love love love...love the new pope. ( that's a jingle in my head)

I'm not even religious, but damn, that man is really turning some heads among me and my agnostic/atheist friends.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by AQ6666

Love the new pope, love love love...love the new pope. ( that's a jingle in my head)

I'm not even religious, but damn, that man is really turning some heads among me and my agnostic/atheist friends.

~Tenth
... me too, you`ve got to love the man.

Wonder what should be his pseudonym ? ...Maybe "The Barve One" or "The Reformist" ?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

YOLO pope?!

I'm kidding.

But no really, he wants to model himself after the church of the poor, he's doing a damn good job.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This Pope sure is different from all the others because I think he will make important changes in the way of thinking and acting, he has the guts and I believe he is not as naive as others that may have tried to do the same in the past.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Another sweet move by the pope. Can those arrogant selfish robe wearing failures! awwww yeah!

Its like he hasnt only been listening to other priests for his entire life and acknowledges theres a real world out there with real problems that the church can help with - if they wernt too busy fiddling with youngsters and spending million on frivolous stuff.

Im actually going to click on more pope related news more and more!!!!

Does he tweet?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

Hm. Give an inch, and they take a foot.

I want them to do more but I am content with the little steps they are taking. I believe they can do more... and hopefully they will.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
When I heard that today, I had to double take. This Pope is not just preaching, but setting an example and living what he preaches, along with setting a standard for others to follow.

While we can not expect immediate changes, this is a good start.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Benedict’s very different successor, Francis I, has repeatedly called for a back-to-basics approach, however, and has said he wants today's Catholic Church to resemble Francis of Assisi's "Church of the poor".

There is a great church reformation in the works and there will be much re-assembly coming too appearing 'good'. The Bible however Warns what system will be served via initial benevolent appearances, although people will make up their own minds aside.
edit on 23-10-2013 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Maybe he'll finally liquidate some of those surplus assets and put them to better use than making the Vatican look pretty. I'm sure they have enough gold and jewels to feed a dozen starving African villages and clothe all of Ethiopia in brand name stuff without noticing a significant dip in their account. I mean, with all those promises they keep making, there's nothing wrong with keeping a few, right?
edit on 23-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

join