It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran presents copycat ScanEagle drone to Russian military

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
rt.com...

Like the title says, Iran has presented a copycat ScanEagle drone to the Russian military and apparently it is a "functional copycat model". The article goes on to talk about how Iran has downed and reverse engineered American drones.

Wether or not Iran actually possess's a true working drone or is close to making one is besides the point, the real point here is what would happen if they did get the tech and start using it like the US does? Can you imagine the reaction from the US government and general public if suddenly Iranian drones started to buzz US skies like the US has been doing to other countries for years now? Even if it wasn't a country from the Middle East using the tech, I imagine the US would be insanely angry if any country, even Canada, started sending drones into their airspace.
edit on 23-10-2013 by Armadall because: forgot the link at first...

edit on 23-10-2013 by Armadall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
We would totally deserve it. Finally reaping what we've sowed. We think nothing, or nearly so, of bombing other countries with our drones to kill "suspected" terrorists along with any number of innocent civilians who might happen to be nearby. Have a couple dozen folks blown up by a foreign drone in Cleveland for example. People woud go ape. Hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Armadall

Hmmm, interesting. This is a...

"functional copycat model"

...of the US drone?

Or cover for the transfer of the actual drone?

Hmmm. I have no idea, just wonder why they would announce transfer of a fake one. Whats the advantage of having a "replica"?

Its RT so that also ups me hackles.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Jeez how hard can it be to strap a camera and a missile to a remote control airplane? Duct tape it!
But seriously this is no major technological achievement. Israel has been using drones since the 80s. Mostly to bait enemy defenses abd radars

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

dashen
Jeez how hard can it be to strap a camera and a missile to a remote control airplane? Duct tape it!
But seriously this is no major technological achievement. Israel has been using drones since the 80s. Mostly to bait enemy defenses abd radars

Let's see you build a drone then smarty-pants.
Yeah the flying aspect of the drone is pretty basic, but the electronics inside are whats so sophisticated.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Iran claims a new technical achievement or a new weapon system every month. Considering that the Russians depend on the Isrealis for their drone tech I would not put much credit in Iran building anything beyond your basic drone anyone can build.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

Give me 20 mill and I will build you a squadron.

new topics

top topics

join