It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One man, One 26,000lb stone, one 2 pound hammer.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Cutting Granite with Sand - experimental demonstration

It's not video, but, it's been tested, recorded, and found successful.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Excellent video Harte, covered all claims in a clear and concise way.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Here you go

Site with an aerial image (not the best quality) showing the largest unmoved stone in relationship to the temple - whether the trils came from there is not known

As I remember there are two quarries near the site and this is the nearer.

Images of the sit - seem to show that the large stones are at a lower elevation

The temple highest point is shown on the horizon with the standing columns

Blackmarketeer thread on Baalbek - for lurkers Blackmarketeer is our resident expert on the DAI's excavations and studies at that site
edit on 25/10/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Speaking in the language of Ancient Egyptians

I found this video while searching for demo of what their language sounded like. I did not expect it to sound the way it did. Well, maybe it sounds like what I imagined but the way words are put together & the lack of similarities to languages Im familiar with is what gets me. Lots of 'rw' & other strange (to me) combinations. The heiroglyphs are shown above as the vid moves along.

WhiteAlice's post is what spurred me to do the search.

Dont know how accurate the video is, it was the only one I found .

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by imasheep

You say the example of St Peter's vs subsequent cathedrals which are not as big, extravagant, & well-designed is not a valid rebuttal. That pyramids were built for the Gods thus why spare any effort? (I guess was the point you were implying?
But, Cathedrals were built to God, too. For God and TO God, I think in middle of the Dark Ages? (edit: No, the 1100s. Gothic architecture, increasing verticality) The cathedrals got taller. This could show the glories of God, & focus thoughts to heaven? & demonstrate power & skill to the lower classes & visiting travellers who would bring word of the cathedral's design to other places. It was a power which was wielded by the church and resulted in a hold on the opinions and beliefs of the masses. Political control.
Later, building designs & methods had changed. After the huge political & ideological statemaking (& statementmaking) cathedrals had been built... Uh, they had already been built. Natural course to move on to other types of or purposes in building. I could see building pyramids as a way to wield the power of the ruling class over the masses. Keep busy with your job (building a pyramid) is a distraction like Keep busy with your livelihood & do not disobey the word of God, of which we (the church) are the mouthpiece.

Short Timeline of Architecture Styles
That's a link to a synopsis of castle/cathedral building.

And Medieval Architecture... Gothic periods

"Gothic architecture is divided into three phases: Early, High, and Late. Early Gothic (ca. 1150-1200) was the formative period of the style, in terms of both engineering and aesthetics. The mature style flourished during the High Gothic period (ca. 1200-1400), while buildings of the Late Gothic (ca. 1400-1500) tended to push Germanic complexity and verticality to incredible extremes.28,32"

edit on 26-10-2013 by kkrattiger because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2013 by kkrattiger because: Gothic in the Renaissance, NOT dark ages.. & added links

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
There's a tribal community in the norteastern part of india asia who lift these 2-5 ton stones by prayer-levitation. It was amazing to see a massive boulder spin like a top 10-20 inches above the ground. I've seen yoga priests levitate in the air but first time of that a heavy object like a 5 ton stone.

They carved these stones beforehand and then levitate them to install on a platform for creating monolith memorials.

They have these sacred burial caves with a huge capstone. It was amazing to see the priests chant some words and the huge boulder roll out of the opening like a bowling pin for 6 feet.

I asked for permission to take a video but it was forbidden as I was on supposed holy ground.

Im curious if anyone had ever witnessed a similar event anywhere else? Id be interested to share more if there are other instances.

I'll try to get a video next time of this amazing phenomena, since its only 3 hrs bus ride from my place.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pixelbob

Why is taking a video on "holy ground" not allowed?
Red Flag.
That's a good way to spread the awareness of whole-y acts.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Shame on you, Helious, for posting research compiled by the guy in Australia on his blog (with references), as if it were collected by yourself. Giving the appearance one looked at various places for context, but really one just conveniently posted a couple arguments with separate sources but gleaned from someone else's repository. You shouldve includes that man's blog link in your post. I'm coming down hard it seems, but really, is it the investigative pseudo-journalism featuring excerpts & appearances by pseudo-scholars a la Ancient Aliens the model from which you're modeling your presentation of information?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kkrattiger

The levitating ceremonies occur at a mountain they consider holy. Translated to english the mountain name means 'navel of heaven'. They believe theres a bridge of gold connecting them to their gods on that mountain. I've heard stories of people dying for throwing garbage, spitting, intruding into that sacred mountain. So when they said i cannot take photos or videos I didnt resist.

They keep a lot of their tribal customs secret. Members of that tribe don't even speak about their customs very much. They prefer secrecy I suppose. And I was there as a tourist so I had to ask for permission before taking photos videos which was clearly denied.

The sacred mountain is a creepy place overall. Sightings of wolf-like creatures who guide those who are lost. People have told me of these creatures leading them to the right trail when they got lost since a lot of it is covered with trees. Creepiest part is they disappear into thin air after a while.

This is my first post so ill definitely post more info and photos about this intriguing place.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
NO way a alien didn't give him the tech and know-how to come up with that.....

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Not alien tech.

If you've witnessed a yoga priest levitate 2-4 feet above the ground. You'll understand what similar event I witnessed except it was a 2-5 ton stone boulder.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Oh dear, my sarcasm did not translate well to the thread.

I am Looking forward to talking about this on ATS Iive radio today, tune in / call in anyone who enjoys this topic!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

zazzafrazz

Oh dear, my sarcasm did not translate well to the thread.

Correction: your sarcasm didn't translate well to the poster.

Harte

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Oh cool. I didn't have luck finding it before, but that "Machine de Metagenes" is exactly what I think would be the easiest method of moving a large stone block over any distance. So at least now I know what it's called and that some documentation of its use in a pre-industrial era exists.

Looking at that picture, I'd almost bet those circles around the rim aren't bolts but holes. Because those are needed to get that big stone up an incline. Those holes would go over ramps with cog pins that would prevent slippage. On the topside levers would be placed in the same holes. Ropes would be used to pull those levers, and since the roller is prevented from slipping by a mechanical interface, a torque action would be used to crank that block uphill with good mechanical advantage. (Not to mention the ropes pulling the lever could be pulled by another lever anchored in a way to provide even more mechanical advantage.) Rollback is prevented by placing some type of chocks behind the rollers as they go uphill. Of course that part of ancient construction is likely the most difficult and dangerous aspect (obviously), but seems quite feasible if not the way to do it.

I'd almost be willing to bet that if there were any limiting factor to the slope in pyramid construction, it's due to the amount of effort getting those blocks uphill with that method, or that a steeper slope would have broken the materials available at the time for use in cog pins or levers.

On a side topic, some ancient lapidary tools are hard to find or aren't that well documented... But I can't help thinking that those Bi and Cong artifacts which are found in China when combined would make an excellent rotary buffer with the addition of a wooden shaft and use of a rope and/or bow. They look like they have some heft to them and seem about the right size. Then it's a matter of having a rope fixed to two points or on a large bow, wrap that around one end of the shaft, it passes through the cong block and is then attached to the bi. Put a fleece over the bi, use some kind of cutting compound spread on the fleece, and pushing it (or the bow) back and forth should work to polish a large flat surface. Seems mundane, considering how Bi and Gong artifacts are often carved up and presented as decorative objects. (But no reason why you can't make art out of stuff when it is no longer needed for usage as a tool. People do that all the time.) Also it seems possible that something like that could have been used to smooth and polish large stones elsewhere, even if few or no artifacts remain. Sandpaper as we know it may not have existed back then, but abrasive materials, animal skins, and some elbow grease could do a nice job of taking out any tool marks.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

pixelbob
There's a tribal community in the norteastern part of india asia who lift these 2-5 ton stones by prayer-levitation. It was amazing to see a massive boulder spin like a top 10-20 inches above the ground. I've seen yoga priests levitate in the air but first time of that a heavy object like a 5 ton stone.

They carved these stones beforehand and then levitate them to install on a platform for creating monolith memorials.

They have these sacred burial caves with a huge capstone. It was amazing to see the priests chant some words and the huge boulder roll out of the opening like a bowling pin for 6 feet.

I asked for permission to take a video but it was forbidden as I was on supposed holy ground.

Im curious if anyone had ever witnessed a similar event anywhere else? Id be interested to share more if there are other instances.

I'll try to get a video next time of this amazing phenomena, since its only 3 hrs bus ride from my place.

Well, gentleman,

I am from India.
I have worked all over India (Now working in the Middle East).
I have worked quite a lot in the North Eastern states of India, especially, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Assam, Tripura etc.
Can you tell me which North Eastern state do these tribal community belong to?
You say that you have seen them spin a massive boulder 10-12 inches of the ground. WOW!

So, to verify the stuff you wrote, can you please provide detailed information as to which state, the name of the tribe, etc?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

Hmmm whatja think Coredrill somewhere in north west Assam near Bhutan or Tibet, but he cannot remember the correct tribal name, maybe say the British had it on the list of criminal tribes and the name may not be named.... or there is some kinda of 'security apparatus-organization' preventing him from visiting it ....or providing the name....

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Heaven's Navel (golden umbilicord and all)

Well, the navel' of heaven is located on earth at 25.1' and 26.5' north latitude and between 90.47' and 92.52' east longitude atop the U Lum Sohpetbneng Peak. The peak, popularly known as Umbilical Heavenly Peak' is situated by the scenic Umiam Lake (Barapani) close to the Meghalaya capital.

I guess we now know where to go to find levitating rocks?
I wonder if I could take one home on a leash? Would a levitating pet rock have to go through quarantine like any other pet?

Unless, of course, there's another other, different, navel of heaven, and the one posted above is all for misdirection so the 'real' secrets won't be discovered.

edit on 10/27/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Knew it!

I have been there, seen the mountain and my khasi friends had invited me to their functions.

Sorry, I have never ever heard any stories from them about Khasis levitating stones.

Well, lets see the videos that "could " be posted here, if he could.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Seems being an ATS fresher attracts too much sarcasm from the seasoned members.

I posted this on ats since I figured wud be able to hear other instances of this amazing phenomena. The tribe practising this seemed very keen to keep this ability a secret. So yes i'd only be able to prove it once I have the video. Since my point is to show the levitating event. Will post a video soon.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Hey ya found them, thanks.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join