It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain your Avatar (especially you...)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I flip through these post like pages in a manuscript and I see these bizarre looking avatars representing the members of ATS who I've become to know and love (or hate...ah, I dont hate any of you guys!(yet:mad
). I've sent quite a few of you U2U trying to understand the complete science of your avatar and had some interesting responses.

So tell me, what does your avatar mean? Why did you choose it? And how on earth does it represent you?

ATS really wants to know.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I guess I should start with myself.

As you can see its a picture of George Bush with 'Oil is Jesus' sprawled on his face. On the side it says Halli 'Burton' Lujah. Coming out of George Bushs head is Dick Cheney along with Ashcroft and Tony Blair. I nabbed it off of Tinkin. A site that just has an array of 'what the hell is this' sort of political material.

From the mixed political and religious content, it represents my attitude towards all issues. There are no boundaries. Lets have fun.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
That's an interesting post! I've often thought the same thing - Why did the member choose that avatar, or that sig line?

I'm on my 3rd avatar since I've been a member here. The first was an animated woman warrior that was walking. The 2nd was a blinkie I made with Einstein that said, "Deny Ignorance", and now the 3rd is an image of the Disney character, Stitch.

I think that all 3 images have represented certain aspects of my personality and the way it has changed this last year.

*Yes, I'm a 34-year-old woman that loves the Disney movie, Lilo and Stitch...*

I can relate to Stitch's attitude, LOL!

Edit: Typo

[edit on 11-16-2004 by andhow]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
My avatar is Bjork the singer. She's a little strange and moody as I am sometimes. I'm also a little shy sometimes, so I guess that's why it's smaller than some other's on here. It's dark and a little mysterious because I'm on the net and no one here really knows me. I like the light bulb in it because it's kinda like the "lightbulb over your head thing" when you get a new idea.
I guess that sums it up.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
My Avatar is simply one of my favorite images by Brute Propaganda, of whom I've always been a big fan. I feel that, of all the images, it most accurately represents my personality.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Mine stands for all the truth and deception in the world.

Now and when he was alive christ was used as evils weapon. A weapon to control people, to send people to war. Christ died for us, why not die for him.

Christ is the biggest WMD knowen.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Characters from the scifi television series Farscape.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
My avatar ties into my name, "Bout Time". It's a double entendre meaning it's time to fight as well as it being about time for it.
Because of my views and a refusal to hold my tounge for anyone or anything, I've endured & overcome attempts to lay waste to my arguments and my person. The scars are a reminder that many have tried , but none have succeeded - making me stronger of mind, body & spirit.

Scars are, after all, souvenirs you never lose!

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

Scars are, after all, souvenirs you never lose!

Wow, thats really cool. I never looked at it like that. Most try to get rid of scars, its better to keep the memory.

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well, the name is from the movie," Erik the Viking," and the avatar is from an old (but still cool) SNES game called Weapon Lord, the character is called bane, and it just seemed appropriate.

But it also reminds me of my youth that was cutshort and hindered between my mothers dealing and our becoming homeless...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Thorfinn, I am curious about your signature. What is that about?

My av is actually a piece of artwork, its a picture of my sister's husband shaking his head really fast; titled "duh".

I had it before the "Deny Ignorance" theme was assumed and it just seemed to fit, so I left it. Yeah, I'm one of those guys who hardly ever changes his av.

BG

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by beergoggles
Thorfinn, I am curious about your signature. What is that about?

Ignoring the shadowy figures at the bottom, the main pic is from Whitehouse.org methinks. A Picture of Bush in his truck with that goofy cowboy hat, the floating money added in by that website, and the figures at the bottom are from the MST3K show from a while back that I added in. It seemed fitting, seeing the condition America is in. I consider it a bad B-movie...

[Edited on 16-11-2004 by Thorfinn Skullsplitter]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Bout Time
Where did you get your avatar? It seems like a vintage painting but the subject matter (A ripped guy showing his scars) doesnt seem to fit with the time period.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
well mine is GIZMO!!

I love this little fella, He has evolved in my time here on ATS,.
He came here as just a furry little creature with no cloths on,
Then Members said i really needed to change my Avatar as i have had it since i began here on ATS,

Then a member started a thread, to help dress my Gizmo to make it a little more hip!

So it went from wonder women gizmo to Angel gizmo, to MIB Gizmo

Just a little fun.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
well mine is GIZMO!! Then a member started a thread, to help dress my Gizmo to make it a little more hip!

So it went from wonder women gizmo to Angel gizmo, to MIB Gizmo Just a little fun.

don't mean to get off topic here... but Asala, what else is in the Gizmo wardrobe... ???

My avatar represents my belief in aliens. I think they've been here, are here and will come back again. I really hope that some are wrong and that the aliens are a peaceful bunch...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Mine is, well, the great Cthulhu. He's risen and he's happy!

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
my current one is of firefox ( which i use )

one before was

words on it
explain what it means

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Avatars are sometimes better left unexplained.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
mine is the cheshire cat from the game, american magee's alice , although I didn't realise it when I started using it, only once I'd bought the game.
I know it's kinda creepy looking, but I just like it, it's a good bit of artwork.
It's a black cat so it almost fits in with my name. Samantha + panther = pantha.
I've been through a few avatars but this one has stuck for quite a while. I sometimes think about changing it, but I'm too attached now.
The fishbones behind it look better on ATS because they merge in with the background I made for it.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Currently mine is a lazy dreaming dog. I thought it was funny. Nothing really deep to discuss. Sorry

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join