It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul introduces Constitutional Amendment Hold Gov Officials to Same Standard as American People

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Did you just follow this sentence ...

beezzer
Much drama on this thread. Now that we're all calmed down can we rationally talk

With this one?

beezzer
mandated health insurance tax imposed by the mad tyrant Obama and his gutless crew of mouth-breathing lackies?

edit on 24-10-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by AlienScience

So you are claiming that no waivers, no subsidies for the new Obamacare brought about by the mad king Obama, exist?

Why are you answering a question with a question?

I asked a specific and direct question...why can't you answer it?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

LewsTherinThelamon

We don't have to argue with you.

We can just choose not to abide by this ridiculous law.

You can't force us to do anything.

(A) I don't care if you abide by Obamacare or not.

(B) If the law fails...the law fails

(C) I take issue with folks that lie ... end of story.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

AlienScience

beezzer
reply to post by AlienScience

So you are claiming that no waivers, no subsidies for the new Obamacare brought about by the mad king Obama, exist?

Why are you answering a question with a question?

I asked a specific and direct question...why can't you answer it?

Because you failed to address my statement.

I'm not going to let you progressives get away with changing the narritive.

DID OBAMA PROVIDE WAIVERS AND SUBSIDIES FOR HIS SIGNATURE HEALTHCARE PROGRAM???

Answer or not, it matters not. But it does define you when you try to change definitions and narritives by obfuscating around the central issue.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Not sure if you have been following the thread? But I answered this on page 2???

For companies already voluntarily providing healthcare to their hourly employees, they provided waivers specifically for the Benefits cap requirement..aka the the out-of-pocket maximums on those policies...and those exceptions expire Jan. 1st.

Apart from that temporary tweak, the "waivers" did not exclude anyone from the law.

Fact-Check rated the claim 3 Pinocchio's.

The Fact Checker, written by Washington Post veteran Glenn Kessler, examines this claim made by Rep. Steve Scalise, R-La.: “The president has exempted over 1,200 groups, including members of Congress, from the health care law.”

What Scalise was actually referring to, Kessler found, was one-year waivers that the Department of Health and Human Services granted to 1,231 companies regarding the law’s restrictions of annual benefit caps.

“The waivers were granted to companies (such as McDonald’s or other fast food chains) that provided inexpensive bare-bones health plans known as ‘mini-meds,’ in what the administration called “a bridge” to 2014, when the law would be fully implemented,” Kessler wrote.

He added, “All told, the waivers cover a little under 4 million people, or 3 percent of population. But Scalise is wrong to suggest that these waivers were permanent – or went to “groups.” The waivers to this one part of the law expire in just a few months.”

Scalise gets a “Three Pinocchio” rating from Kessler for his claim.

www.oregonlive.com...

The "Exemptions" were for the mandatory benefit cap, not the Obamacare law, and for companies already providing insurance and they were temporary...expiring in just a couple months.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You are talking specifically about members of congress.

No, no waivers or "gifts" were given to members of congress.

Still can't answer my question though can you...just attempting to re-direct the conversation.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join