It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Christians turning to Russia for protection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
voiceofrussia.com...

About 50,000 Syrian Christians want to apply for Russian citizenship. In a letter to the Russian Foreign Ministry, they said that they were not planning to flee Syria, but if threatened with physical elimination, they would pin their hopes on Russia as the guarantor of their survival. Analysts think that despite the difficulties their request may involve, it won’t go unheeded.

The letter reached Moscow through diplomatic channels. It says that the West-backed terrorists are prepared to go to any lengths to wipe Christians out of Syria. The authors of the letter have no intention of fleeing the “land on where Jesus walked” and promise to defend their “homeland, dignity and faith”. They see Russia as the guarantor of “peace and stability”. They are not asking for money or humanitarian aid, but just hope to obtain Russian citizenship. “We will be under the protection of Russia if we face the threat of being physically eliminated by terrorists,” the letter says.
Read more: voiceofrussia.com...

Syria is not the only country where Christians do not feel safe. According to the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life research organization, Christians are persecuted and harassed in 130 countries.

Today, Christians are the most persecuted religious community. Every hour, one Christian is killed in the world. They are killed because of their faith.

No comment, what can I say?

Why is the west silent?

Rand Paul talks about the Persecution of Christians
shoebat.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Wow wasnt this that same kind of story that happened in Lebanon a conflict happened and then after the conflict an excused was made to go after christians that were there

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

I don't know i wasn't aware of that but it happened in Egypt.
edit on 033131p://bWednesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

It seems Christians are one group of people you can slaughter wholesale with out getting the international Community up and arms, or calling down the wrath of the US government...

Funny that...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

benrl

It seems Christians are one group of people you can slaughter wholesale with out getting the international Community up and arms, or calling down the wrath of the US government...

Funny that...

Looks that way doesn't it?

They will be nearly completely gone in middle east soon

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Stormdancer777

benrl

Funny that...

Looks that way doesn't it?

They will be nearly completely gone in middle east soon

It has to happen,

When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.

These martyrs for the faith need not worry whats to come, their father is taking care of them.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I understand

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I have been jumping up and down and screaming about the fate the Christians will see in Syria if the "insurgents" gain control of the government in Syria....

They have promised all there death, and a very very gruesome one, for any who oppose them. (been talk of putting us all in meat grinders and feeding us to the dogs)

Those who oppose them are NOT ONLY the Shia of Syria, but the Christians there as well.... No minority group has any affinity for the wahabis that the western world has been arming, funding and training.

The head from the Christians in Syria put out a letter to all American Christians a couple years ago asking them to stand WITH the Syrian Christians as brothers and sisters and beg of the United States government not to support the "insurgents" (Wahabis) in Syria because they will Kill all the Christians that are left after they gain power yet not one American Christian cared to act like a Christian and stand united with their brothers and sisters in Syria and do what was best for their freedom.

Now.... Russia is everyone's only hope left ... for what? Freedom....

If people want freedom, and protection for such... they can no longer look to the United States or the American citizens there.... they must look to Russia to help them protect the freedom they have.. and their lives if need be...

THAT my friends, is so very sad.... To say that Russia stands for freedom and United States stands for tyranny and injustice....

I never thought I would live to see this day... yet it is here... I'm sad that I am alive to see this
edit on 23-10-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I had no idea they were appealing to Christians here, Russia it seems is stepping in in more than a few areas that once america took charge, strange times

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I cannot find the letter right now or I would post it... Once I find it I will, I was years ago at this point...

But this article quoted another letter dated in May of 2011...the article was published in July of 2011, over two years ago now:

In late May, International Christian Concern, an evangelical ministry to the persecuted church, released to Christianity Today an anonymous open letter from a "trusted Syrian source" that explains why many Syrian Christians support Assad's regime.

The two-page letter calls for help from the larger Christian community. It says in part:

• "Christian service has flourished remarkably in Syria. We regard Syria as a model Arab country when it comes to freedom of worship."

• Radical Muslim groups are "responsible for the disturbance" in the country. "Christians are the first to be persecuted when we talk about governmental change."

• "We are seeking [Christians'] help to prevent what happened in Iraq and Egypt from happening in Syria. Christian service in Syria is in danger now."

www.christianitytoday.com...

Here is another article in 2012 of a Christian leader speaking of the ethnic cleansing the Syrian Christians are facing due to the "insurgents"

www.ilsussidiario.net... s/283773/

In June of 2012 here is an article speaking of the Christians being used as human shields by the "insurgents" that the United States is supporting:

www.ilsussidiario.net... els/286710/

I do not know why when I post the article those two links above aren't complete... but if you click on quote my post and simply copy the full links on those two articles and then paste it into your browser they work... sorry for the inconvenience!

And who do we find protecting the Christians? All along it has been Assad... you know, the one the United States wants rid of so that ethnic cleansing of all the minority groups in Syria can occur without any interruption...

From 2011:

For decades, the government of President Bashar al-Assad has protected Christian interests by enforcing its strictly secular program and by curbing the influence of the Muslim Brotherhood. In recent years, Assad has visited the town of Maaloula and other Christian communities to pray and pass on messages of goodwill. At Christmas, he addresses Syria’s Christians, carrying similar tidings. Assad is himself from the minority Alawite sect, a branch of Shia Islam, and many Christians feel they can relate to him.

articles.washingtonpost.com...

And still continuing in 2013:

cnsnews.com...

I will end with a quote from an article written in 2011:

Alawites, Druze and Christians could all expect persecution at best, massacre at worst, a fate that could potentially befall five million residents.

The West might like to see the Ba'ath regime crushed as thoroughly as its counterpart in Iraq, but as on that earlier occasion, the religious consequences of intervention could be horrible. Before planning to intervene in Syria, Western nations had better start printing several million immigration visas to hand out to refugees seeking political asylum, and demanding protection from religious persecution.

www.realclearreligion.org...
edit on 23-10-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
They are making revelations come true, and not the inner positive things but their ugly twisted dark shadow coding, they being TPTB asshats that are running this world, and giving all the leaders their orders.

AND I'M FED UP. IF I HAD EMPOWERMENT AND RESOURCES I WOULD IMPRISON ALL TPTB AND FREE ALL THE PEOPLE IN EVERY COUNTRY. AND I AM GOING TO HOLD THIS AGAINST THEM IN THE END, AS WILL ALL WHO ARE SILENT WITNESSES, THEY ARE NOT OFF ANY HOOKS.

There is nothing that has to happen, or occur at all.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Yes Assad as well as those other overthrow leaders in the other countries, yes they protected the Christians. I noticed this.

I had to wonder was this intentional

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

yes and no. The minority groups do and will protect each other, and Assad IS in a minority group. He has, since the day he took office, protected the Christians. He wanted his people to have the freedom to live and believe as they wanted, and therefore made sure others had that same protection..

The Alawiyyah and the Christians are basically in the same boat and always have been.
edit on 24-10-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Also, as a beside, did you know that 5 of Assad's 7 closest advisors are Christian? And that is not a new thing, that has been so since Assad took power...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

OpinionatedB

Also, as a beside, did you know that 5 of Assad's 7 closest advisors are Christian? And that is not a new thing, that has been so since Assad took power...

No I didn't know that.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I just saw this thread. I was directed to it from another thread ...
WOW ... Christians turning to Russia for protection from the very
people (terrorists) that Obama wanted to help.

What does that say about OBAMA and his agenda ?!?!

My god .. how can anyone still support him ?!?!

new topics

top topics

join