It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extortion,Congress Charges Secret Fee to Land Top Committee Spots

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Congress Charges Secret Fee to Land Top Committee Spots

Ever wonder how they did it?

I didn't know.

Senior congressional staffers say the committee price lists have long been rumored to exist but that few people on Capitol Hill have seen them, giving them an almost "mythical" quality.

The book contains copies of the Democratic and Republican price lists detailing how much money lawmakers must raise to obtain and keep their seats on congressional committees. The so-called “party dues” lawmakers must contribute for committee assignments are separate and apart from the fundraising they conduct for their own campaigns. If lawmakers fail to make their tribute payment to their party, they can lose their place on a powerful committee.

“These party dues are not voluntary,” writes Schweizer. “Members are not asked to pay—they are required to pay.”
www.breitbart.com...
In the 2013-2014 election cycle, the going rate for a Democratic assignment as the ranking member on a top committee like the House Ways and Means or Financial Services Committees is $500,000. Schweizer reports that Democrats also use a “members points system” that rewards its members for attending party fundraisers.

More reason they all need to go, all those crooks liars and thieves,

Extortion

*Obama’s "Protection Money": How the Obama Administration targeted industries for criminal investigation but chose not to pursue key political donors.

*John Boehner’s "Tollbooth": How the Speaker of the House extracts money by soliciting political donations before he will hold crucial votes on the House floor.

*The "Slush Fund": How politicians extract "campaign contributions" and then convert them to bankroll lavish lifestyles complete with limos, private jets, golf at five-star resorts, fine wines, and cash for family members.

*Capitol Hill’s "Underground Economy": How congressmen use a little-known loophole that allows them to secretly link their votes to cash.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Found one picture of one of the documents

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
the other

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
wow...........the corruption never ceases to amaze me. S&F.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

solongandgoodnight

Everyday there is a new revelation, I don't understand why this administration and congress gets away with what they get away with, it is worse than I have ever seen it, yet the press gives them a pass, excuses and more excuses

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Good find, but sadly it doesn't surprise me.

If this happened in the private sector there would be lawsuits to last years, but congress? No.

Instead they get themselves out of a crisis they made, then go on yet another of their many many vacations.

Sick.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Chamberf=6

Good find, but sadly it doesn't surprise me.

If this happened in the private sector there would be lawsuits to last years, but congress? No.

Instead they get themselves out of a crisis they made, then go on yet another of their many many vacations.

Sick.

It is sick, and I am shocked actually, shocked that they are this far gone, this morally bankrupt.

It is confusing me, who are these people, really?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
And these are guys that stand up and tell us how they value them christian values.

didn't know extortion was one of them.

meh

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

I don't understand why this administration and congress gets away with what they get away with, it is worse than I have ever seen it, yet the press gives them a pass, excuses and more excuses

The corruption has been business as usual in DC for as long as I can remember. The administration and congress don't really have to do anything, the workings of a bought and paid for ruling class was already in place. They just show up at the parties and meetings.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

grey580
And these are guys that stand up and tell us how they value them christian values.

didn't know extortion was one of them.

meh

and one wonders why the stenographer went off

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I guess I didn't pay this much attention to it before, I still believe it is worse than ever.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

solongandgoodnight

Everyday there is a new revelation, I don't understand why this administration and congress gets away with what they get away with, it is worse than I have ever seen it, yet the press gives them a pass, excuses and more excuses

This has been common business practice long before "this administration" was elected. It is n't way worse, it is exactly how it has always been. The difference is the ability to access the information has become way better over the last 10 years.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

I understand that, you may be correct that we are privy to more information, and yet with all this news still,

nothing is done, nothing changes?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

This is why I just laugh my little butt off when I hear people say they support the "Tea Party", not the Republicans. Or that they only donate money to Ron/Rand Paul, not the Republicans.

A large chunk of money every candidate that has an (R) or (D) next to their name goes directly to the party...and the party uses that money how they see fit.

This is why I'm fine picking a team and supporting them...it's better than being a fool that thinks they are making a stand by only supporting "Tea Party" candidates and not the Republicans in general...you are supporting the Republicans way more than you realize.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This is not "extortion"...it is more like loyalty.

Political parties are completely legal under our system. Part of that is the benefit of being part of a large group that can better influence the legislative process. Part of that influence is being on committees. As a group, those elected officials will want to put the most loyal members on those committees. One way to determine loyalty is to look at how much money they raise for the party.

Makes you wonder how much Rand Paul and Ted Cruz...you know those Republican "outsiders"...have donated to the GOP??? They are on some very powerful committees themselves.

It just makes me laugh how much they are playing their supporters...screaming that they are "different" and for the people...and then they turn around and play the game and laugh at their supporters for buying their bull.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

We need a strong third independent third party that takes enough seats in Congress to force the other parties to change. It is past time we clean house and change things.

We have to have change that can only come with changes in the constitution.

Electorate, this is not what the founders meant to be. They could not for see fifty states and such population centers. There is also corrupt manipulation of this process at the state and local level. We need change so that the popular vote elects the president.

Term limits, two terms and your out and retirement and ongoing insurance paid is gone. No more getting paid for the rest of your life. No more career politicians period.

Campaign finance reform, the supreme Court wrote law, which is not their job and made it so anyone, including foreign countries can give millions to campaign pac. This is totally insane. We need to make it constitutional and get rid of money in politics. They can debate on television for free and get on the stump and campaign. No more big money in campaigns.

This is the road map for real change. The trick is it will actually take finding a wealthy benefactor to get this going. It is sad but we can't do it without money. Wow, catch 22 huh, problem is money but it will take money to change things. Any wealthy members out there lol.

The Bot

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Tar and feathers fellow ATSicans. Tar and feathers . Theae people are prostituting our highest offices

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Stormdancer777
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

I understand that, you may be correct that we are privy to more information, and yet with all this news still,

nothing is done, nothing changes?

these people truly are above the law. the only thing they are not above is a revolution.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

SICKENNING!

Bit not surprising.

Now we know how the two main parties stay in control. I do not care if you are a Republican or Democrat you need to read THIS.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

I do see your point, but we are looking for a savior, someone someday has to be honest.

Don't they?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join