It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many wives does Jesus allow?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

WarminIndy
reply to post by akushla99

Oh you don't like the same standard applied back onto you. Is that how it is? You can dismiss the Bible as though your words have more meaning. So I am simply doing the same thing you are, to you. Oh but you don't like it.

Next time, before you spout of against the Bible, remember that if you say they were only human and their words have no merit, just remember you also are human and would your words have merit?

Don't play the game if you don't like the game being played back against you. So tell me then, if your words and thoughts have merit, why should I trust you more? Give me a good reason to trust you more.

Oh, and if it comes from you, I don't know you, I don't anything about you, so how can I place a judgment of good or bad onto what you say, if it comes solely from within your own thought process?

Are you writing a new Bible? One that comes from you with your own theological ideas? Well, if you are, then tell me who you are before I can even think about it in the first place.

...except you are doing it first...and giving no sensible answer, to a very simple question, that, to this point you have avoided, dodged, shimmied from, twerked around...
Instead, like a 6 YO you've avoided the question and strafed me with thousands of questions that you will not answer yourself...

Can you ask the OP question to God or Jesus...NOW?
My answer was a hearty laugh...you can INTERPRET that any way you want...but the questions you ask me, are questions directed at yourself primarily...I'm at peace with my answers...

Å99

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Greatest I am

akushla99
reply to post by Greatest I am

I'm interested in hearing a 'current' explanation of the OP questions (mentioned faiths - relevant).

The natural mouthpieces would be those that have the amorphous 'personal relationship' status (self-conferred)...

Å99

Strange that no one has stepped forward. Seems I am the only one who claims apotheosis, --- but the God I found was not the genocidal son murderer --- who loves us --- that the churches try to make people swallow.

www.youtube.com...

So much for Christians believing the good news that Jesus taught but that the churches never teach.

Regards
DL

What you generally find (and christianity does have a problem with it in principle) is that apotheosis is frowned upon and denigrated (as Warmin has done to Å99) while practicing the self-agrandising form of apotheosis that cannot/will not answer a question that relates directly to the station of assumption...

Some have stepped forward...but we all like to think we are the mouthpiece...and in my 'belief', we might as well be...

Who could confidently answer the OP question, without resorting to...'this is my experience'?...and if I were being truthful (to myself, at least) I would not be requiring others to somehow, absorb the experience of others, as if they were mine...

Å99

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
akushla99
Rex282

somebody
If many people believed what they think Yahweh and or Yahoshua said as literal by theirs or someone else interpretation of what was written in scripture,then there would be a lot of very misguided folks who didn't think they were lead astray that are practicing a very convoluted religion.

Rex282
Let's hope that never happens

akushla99
You seriously owe me a new keyboard and monitor...I just laughed and coughed half a cup of coffee all over the place...
...and, it seems, no-one is prepared to answer the OP in its original or amended form...So much for staying on-topic...
Å99

As far as wife allowances go, it would depend upon what Jesus was, and what he could reasonably advise upon (NOT QUALIFIED TO SPEAK OF MARRIAGE/COHABITATION). Was he a Rabbi, and if so within which disapline, Pharasee, no; they crucified him, Saduccee? no they were the wealthy merchants that cooperated with the Romans and were similar to a 'Jack Mormon'. As a Saducce he would have been a merchant (had the ability as Joseph of Aramethea was, (he who funded his travels) and could have afforded that typical household. Was he an Essene? As far as Judaic Law goes, he has no voice in this as he never married, so in not conforming TO ANYTHING has a covert opinion about marital issues, but NOT RECORDED/STATED. Is there any information available that explains his bachelor status (reason for, justification of) As the son of god, he had every opportunity/reason to have at least 3 wives that could bear him 20 children (Davidian human/God recombinant DNA Challenge), Tuesdays at 8 cst.
edit on 25-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Greatest I am
Chamberf=6

chamberf I thought that the very EARLIEST of the gospels was written 70 years after the fact. Many books were written 100-200 years after. So who's to say with any certainty what Jesus said or he didn't?
Think of the kids game "telephone".

Luke, the doctor traveling with Paul 70AD for that uncertainty. Matthew claims to have been scribing at the time of Christ living (dont believe it).

Greatest I A
Curses on you for putting facts to the discussion.
Just kidding. We should also remember that it was a Roman emperor who decided what would be in the LOL the Word of Constan, oops, God.Regards DL

Constantine combined the Pagan Roman with 300 AD Christianity, in a smart manouveur to keep everyone at peace with each other everyone is appeased (turkey to this day is an isomelt of 4 religions just like northern Africa) He hid pagan symbols all over Constantinople (easy to read obvious; if you know what to look for, still there).
edit on 25-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

You have jumped to false conclusions and harsh judgments on me just as you have Our Father,

I only blessed your family, never said anything negative about them at all, though you took it that way because of your extreme amounts of interior anger, wrath, malice, ungratefulness and aggression,

You have many, many malevolent spirits attached to you my friend,

I am going to pray for your deliverance for a while today,

God bless you,

In Jesus Name,

Amen

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
@godlover25........''You have many, many malevolent spirits attached to you '' .......quite possible. Satan and demons(evil spirits) whisper evil suggestions into the ears of seemingly normal humans causing them to go astray. Nothing can be done for them, unless they first believe their lives are being demonically manipulated and take the first step in making a change. Any change in such people would require divine intervention, you say you have prayed for him. Praise be to God. Now let us see the outcome.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I dont know why a man would want more than one wife and why a woman would
want to be part of a wife-harem. That's a dismal and lonely way to go through life.
Not to mention ... very expensive. Men have enough issues taking care of one wife
and a child or two .. let alone 4 or 5 wives and dozens of kids. That's a ZOO .. not a family.

edit on 10/26/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Unity_99
Matthew 19:4-6

"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate."

Okay ... read the whole thread. This answers the question.
One man. One wife. Two made one. Not three or four made one.
But just the two ....

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
FlyersFan
Unity_99

Unity
"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate."

FlyersFan

One man. One wife. Two made one. Not three or four made one.But just the two ....

A noble idea; but women were chattle, bearers of sons. Mohammed was married to one wife for many years, (she a much older widowed businesswomen, cougar type that inherited her dead husbands business). When she died, he married some 16 other women (apparently in Islamic tradition could afford each of them a Mercedes). Some say he was running a orphananage for widows or undesirable women that needed sheltering. He also married the daughters of the major tribes "to ostensibly" keep the peace; either way, he must have produced a lot of children (WHERE ARE THEY NOW, the claimers to the throne). I hear that in Medina, his wives were so persecuted 'cat called out' that Mohammed sequestered them in a compound and inadvertantly invented the idea of the 'harum' (only the female servants went into the street to visit the marketplace) covered head to toe, this was never about modesty to begin with, it was to hide from public scrutiny. I love traditions, as they never remain true, they are always warped to suit the direct needs (POWER MOVE) of the/whomever manipulator.
edit on 26-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Unity_99

One man. One wife. Two made one. Not three or four made one.
But just the two ....

Yes, according to a Matthew, there is an exchange that he has recorded, (not concurrent with the event) that is purported to have taken place...and subsequently taken as actually happening, even though it is at best, a retelling from (presumably memory, or hashed together) that seems (without interpretation) to answer the question...it would be negligible to wander off-message in the interests of staying consistent...the internal logic requires it...

Å99

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

akushla99

Rex282
If many people believed what they think Yahweh and or Yahoshua said as literal by theirs or someone else interpretation of what was written in scripture,then there would be a lot of very misguided folks who didn't think they were lead astray that are practicing a very convoluted religion.

Let's hope that never happens...
edit on 23-10-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

You seriously owe me a new keyboard and monitor...I just laughed and coughed half a cup of coffee all over the place...

...and, it seems, no-one is prepared to answer the OP in its original or amended form...

So much for staying on-topic...

Å99

Sorry about the waste of that coffee,as for the keyboard and monitor..you're on your own...

as for the OP I don't see a question I see 6 questions and most of them are tantamount to....do you still beat your wives.

However my answers to the OP questions are ...yes...except where it is no.That should clear things up.

edit on 27-10-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Rex282

akushla99

Rex282

...and, it seems, no-one is prepared to answer the OP in its original or amended form...

Å99

Sorry about the waste of that coffee,as for the keyboard and monitor..you're on your own...

as for the OP I don't see a question I see 6 questions and most of them are tantamount to....do you still beat your wives.

However my answers to the OP questions are ...yes...except where it is no.That should clear things up.

So much for the ATS family...he he...

" If many people believed what they think Yahweh and or Yahoshua said as literal by theirs or someone else interpretation of what was written in scripture,then there would be a lot of very misguided folks who didn't think they were lead astray that are practicing a very convoluted religion.

Let's hope that never happens..." Quote Rex282

This is brilliant, sailed over many heads.

Cheers

Å99

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
akushla99
Rex282
akushla99
Rex282

Rex282
Let's hope that never happens

Any believer in this faith MUST believe it as a literal translation especially the 'King James Version'. To take unto oneself "an interpretation of the scripture" would not be following Gods direct Law, and then becomes a "theologist (student of) and usually a "Teacher of interpretation of Doctrine" and that would include the local Church Pastor, Priest, Deacon, Reverend, Chaplan and exponecially every member of their respective congragations. So in essence you have a very convoluted Christian religion potencially twisted ideaform, it exposes itself in this way: Too many interpretations that are described by too many Denomiations/houses of worship of different orders.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Praise and may Allah open his eyes unto the truth of the Unseen Eternal realm,

I will pray unto the Father Allah through the Messiah Jesus,

You pray directly to Father Allah how you understand him,

Thank you and God bless,

Your brother in Love

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I didnt need the explanation of what you said. I got it the 1st time. It was just odd to me the phrasing- choice of words.
Wow. Its really a good thing Jesus is very real. And our/my/your God loves you no matter what you think...

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

akushla99

Rex282

akushla99

Rex282

Å99

So much for the ATS family...he he...

" If many people believed what they think Yahweh and or Yahoshua said as literal by theirs or someone else interpretation of what was written in scripture,then there would be a lot of very misguided folks who didn't think they were lead astray that are practicing a very convoluted religion.

Let's hope that never happens..." Quote Rex282

This is brilliant, sailed over many heads.

Cheers

Å99

Thanks A99

My expectations were not high that it would do anything else however it is good to know I didn't write in vain even if it was only entertainment.

re the "book"
The simple solution (and by that I mean impossible) would be to acknowledge if those writings purpose was to be interpreted (or decoded for the terminally futile ambitious) they would not be contradictory however it seems the opposite solution has been used.

edit on 28-10-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Yeah mohammud.... This is about Christianity however. Christ was very special. There are 2 ways of interpreting what was written and in the gnostic fragments as well. 1. is the traditional Christian, the religion. Christ is Son of God and IS GOD, and He said, the 2 are made into 1.

The other way is the gnostic, seeing whats under the hood, and what these various things mean. In this case, some of them believe Christ was a real man and some believe this is the master ascensional plan for growing up. And in this case, Christ certainly did not come to start a religion, but shows the way for those ready to grow up. ie. how to go from the son/daughter of man, to the son/daughter of God. The WAY!

Either way, 1 wife at a time.
edit on 29-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Unity_99
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Unity_99
Yeah mohammud.... This is about Christianity however. Christ was very special. There are 2 ways of interpreting what was written and in the gnostic fragments as well. 1. is the traditional Christian, the religion. Christ is Son of God and IS GOD, and He said, the 2 are made into 1.

You realize by saying this; that is (if Jesus does not think of itself above the commoners, or of CELEBRITY status) Christ (greek term 'christos' not Judaic) that if he is the son and IS God, (represented flesh) made into one, WE ALL ARE. Was that not the message? I have a question, Paul named him the christos when he traveled to the Occident; greece, what would he have been called if accidently boarded the wrong Greyhound bus and found himself in the Orient instead? (where he was supposed to go in the first place).

Unity_99
The other way is the gnostic, seeing whats under the hood, and what these various things mean. In this case, some of them believe Christ was a real man and some believe this is the master ascensional plan for growing up. And in this case, Christ certainly did not come to start a religion, but shows the way for those ready to grow up. ie. how to go from the son/daughter of man, to the son/daughter of God. The WAY!
Either way, 1 wife at a time.

I dont know, you didnt like me expanding the arguement with Mohammed, but I see it as a good will gesture (the taking on of responsiblity with more than one wife and shows great generosity and patience). I agree, I think Jesus would be a'PAULED' at what has happenned in his name, as far as 'christianity' has become a powerhouse for all of the wrong reasons. The message is there as you say, son/daughter of man becomes enlightened into son/daughter of God. Still, I wish Jesus would have married at least one (bore children) and you know who that propably was anyway. If not on this earth, at least in the higher dimensions.
edit on 29-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

sk0rpi0n
@godlover25........''You have many, many malevolent spirits attached to you '' .......quite possible. Satan and demons(evil spirits) whisper evil suggestions into the ears of seemingly normal humans causing them to go astray. Nothing can be done for them, unless they first believe their lives are being demonically manipulated and take the first step in making a change. Any change in such people would require divine intervention, you say you have prayed for him. Praise be to God. Now let us see the outcome.

I have. God lied to me.

Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.
1Kings 22:23

Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets.
2 Chron 18:22

Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people.
Jer 4:10

O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived. Jer 20:7

And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.
Ezekiel 14:9

For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.
Thessalonians 2:11

To me, God’s worse lie was to Adam and Eve. He told them they could eat of the tree of life and then reneged and in a real sense murdered them by denying them a remedy.

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

FlyersFan

I dont know why a man would want more than one wife and why a woman would
want to be part of a wife-harem. That's a dismal and lonely way to go through life.
Not to mention ... very expensive. Men have enough issues taking care of one wife
and a child or two .. let alone 4 or 5 wives and dozens of kids. That's a ZOO .. not a family.

edit on 10/26/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

No argument yet Jesus never spoke against those people that had many wives and the Jewish God did not have a problem helping many with many wives.

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join