It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many wives does Jesus allow?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
One.

and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one flesh.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

grandmakdw

Greatest I am

grandmakdw
Another side to the coin is:

How many husbands does Jesus allow?

Jesus actually never addressed that issue at all that I can tell.

My father and hubby both have masters of divinity degrees and from all the bible I have seen and read, that issue is not addressed.

If not expressly forbidden, is it then ok?

This is an important issue today as there is a huge shortage of women in the world and the shortage is growing larger each day with sex selective abortion and female infanticide as commonplace as it is in the world today.

Soon in order for most men to actually have a long term female partner, ie wife, there will have to be polygamy, with one wife and multiple husbands.

Watch and wait, you'll see.

The only other way to deal with the problem is the promotion of homosexuality, which we see most governments engaged in to avoid the problems that inevitably result from a huge male to female imbalance.

I see us as accepting gays as fully equal and no longer subject to discrimination and denigration.

I see no government promoting gayness. It is not a choice and I am surprised that one of your intelligence would think of it that way.

As to a woman with many husband's, I do not see this as a norm, because men are prone to invest in their own genetics and children more than women whose motherly instincts, --- I think, --- do not really care about the genetic factors. I qualify this by saying that we likely all have different degrees of this focus in all of us.

Regards
DL

Governments only allow and encourage that which is in their own best interest. With nearly every TV show and nearly every movie having a gay character and the governmental norming of an activity by less than 6% of the population, something is going on.

The party line is exactly what you stated. I never said "gayness" was a choice, I taught human development, and it is quite clear that for about 3-4% of the population it is not a choice and we should not discriminate. However, there definitely is an environmental component to homosexuality hence we see around 6% engaging in it.

How do we know this about governments? Russia right now is having a large birth deficit. So to try and "cure" this problem, the government has outlawed homosexuality. Putin even openly said that homosexuality does not create children.

China to address the imbalance in the male to female ratio has officially outlawed abortion for the "allowed" child if it is for sex selection, thus forcing the poor who can not afford to circumvent this privately to have more girls.
Not for the sake of population but to prevent more than half of its population from not having a mate, thus the rise of prostitution (causing massive health problems), child brides, female abductions etc.

The point I was making was not that homosexuality was bad.

The true question for Christian's in future society which sex selects for males should be, will in the near future polygamy with one wife and several husbands be allowed? We currently can take care of the genetic issue. When trying to get pregnant the wife has unprotected sex only with the husband who wants a child., with the others she can use a diaphragm, foam, and the other husbands use condoms. There, simple genetic fix.

edit on 24-10-2013 by grandmakdw because: delete unnecessary comment

Now all you need do is dither out a way for men to happily learn how to take seconds and thirds without thinking their wives to be whores the way society has trained us to think. Not to mention teaching women to handle more than one man. Good luck with that.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Unity_99
One.

Yet God favored Kings David and Solomon.

Thanks for the poorly thought out reply.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Old testament is the Smiter/Saturn. Not all that is God. And most Christians follow Christ. When he was presented with the "law" and asked if they should stone the woman to death, he showed their "law" was psuedo law and just a bunch of bullies running around with their karma and rule of law and lower cosmic ordinances, that they got from the annanuki (your EL group, who were mixed some a little better than others, ie some into the Power of Love and some into the Love of Power). so these bullies wrote their false lower mind rules on toilet paper scraps and run around shoving these made up things in other childrens faces and if they can convince your consciousness they own you and boss you, you fall.

They don't.

Christ used his finger to write in the sand, the discernment of His own heart and consciousness, His own inner voice of Love and Goodness.

There are 2 roads in the scriptures.

Most Christians follow Christ, not anyone else.

I myself only liked the new testament, and not parts of it. I can read their code and their blood sacrifice rituals, and I know what message they're trying to pass on to their future generations of dark hat controllers.

Love isn't like that.

Above there is only Love and Equality.

I did like Isaiah he had some stern messages to give the asshats controlling everyone. Isaiah 28, told them all they were not listening to "angels" but to "the dead" and explained that they had lower frequency (ie alchohol and basically living like effete corrupt beings and of course that means you can't reach Home and Source dialing that frequency number, you only get a match in frequency, so the dominators here, that murder for power get to meet even bigger bullies and yet they think they're protected and call these beings angels and listen to them. NOT!)

I like Isaiah.

I liked Christ's message MINUS ROME/ANNANUKI input.

AND THIS, head El talking to all the others, akin to captain kirk talking to his crew:

Psalm 82. I prefer the literal translation which I read by Mauro Biglino who worked translating for the Vatican and did a little whistel blowing on the document. When you read God, that is an interpretation, the word used was elohim, which is a word that is related to and comes from annanuki and sumar, and some of the words in the scripture were straight from sumar and older than hebrew and already had meanings, like Ruach, in Genesis.....Didn't mean God's Spirit upon the water, but an object that made wind on the water and had a picturegraph.

Now....here they are told in psalm 82, that they are as mortal as the "adams" and that thus, they shoudl spending time upholding justice, social justice and equality for the widows and orphans, not abusing positions of power, because they will one day answer too!!!!!

So...when you meet Mr. Smiter in the old testaments, which Elohim are you listening to???? There were a group working the people and timelines, not just one. The one that led Moses out seemed to be perfectly willing to murder whole towns and villages, even to the suckling baby to give away land.

NOT GOD/GOODNESS.

Out of all that stuff written there only 2 things matter: any inner nuggets that are buried beneath the words, that are the true gnostic knowlege, the pure ones, teh light code, because the bible has some dark codes too. And Christ's words. Kind of Liked Isaiah too, he seemed to know the corrupt mystery school dark hats running the world, he even mentioned their hidden lairs and told them they wouldn't be safe there, that water would run through all of that, and that all their contracts with the dead were null and void.

The same world leaders and powers and same bases and same plans seem to exist in those days as today, same groups.

Now, even if you ignore all of what I just said, Christians follow Christ's words and beleive he came to create a contract of love with the people. They are not Hebrew but Christian.

edit on 24-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Greatest I am

Unity_99
One.

Regards
DL

And yet we see the crap lives their families had because of it.

Now do you think it was OK in God's eyes?

Let's see, David could not build the temple, Solomon was carried away into idolatry. Three of David's sons died, a daughter raped by a brother, Solomon held a lot of wisdom but carried away into idolatry, his grandsons lost the kingdom, so yeah, I can see how that worked out really well for them.

God was not pleased and said so. But since David and Solomon were both products of a Semitic culture and since the Egyptian pharaohs married their siblings, we can see how it just didn't work out so well.

You know, the Bible doesn't also just tell what they did, it also tells the outcomes, good and bad, of what they did.

Abraham didn't marry Hagar, but in those days in that Semitic culture, as it was dishonorable for a wife not to have children, Sarah chose to have Abraham have a child with Hagar, because in those days, they had this concept of children born belonged to the wife. So they actually did this thing where the woman giving birth would sit on the lap of the wife, because it was like a surrogacy. That's where the concept originated, and it wasn't just in the Hebraic custom. We see how well that worked out also.

Judah was supposed to give Thamar to his youngest son in what is called Levirate marriage. But since Judah was too stubborn to follow it, and losing sons, didn't follow the already established Levirate marriage custom in the Semitic culture. But we see how that worked out.

The only one of the patriarchs with one wife was Isaac. Moses came later and even though he was married to Zipporah, she left him over circumcision. After she left him, years later he got a new wife.

So you seem to not be able to reconcile the difference in a custom and what was acceptable. Jacob went to Aram and there met his wives and was bound to the custom of Aram, that's why Leah had to be married first. It was the custom. And we see how well that worked out.

So you see, just because man thinks it is a good idea, doesn't mean God does. And since God ordained the first marriage between one man and one woman and was the very first covenant relationship for humans, remember that covenants are made by the shedding of blood, the breaking of the hymen indicated a covenant was made.

That's why in those ancient days, when a man and woman were married, they had sexual relations on a white sheet, that was presented the next day to the public for the purpose of showing that she had been a virgin and that the covenant was established between them.

Marriage is a covenant, the first one ordained for humans. And God honors the undefiled marriage bed. So that means one man and one woman, because that's how God designed it. And since God designed it and honors marriage between a man and a woman, that means He is pleased with marriage between one man and one woman. Therefore, no matter how many times people try to find other ways around it, it simply isn't honored by God in those other ways.

Jesus taught that if a man can't keep his eyes to himself, then that man is breaking the covenant with his wife. And because the man thought he could beat his wife, he broke the covenant with her. That's why God said "enjoy the WIFE of thy youth". God doesn't limit or say sex is bad between a husband and wife, it's outside of that God does not honor.

And the Jews have a marriage contract called the Kettubah, and it was the responsibility, now get this, of the man to please his wife in all things sexual, or she could divorce him. So it's not buying or selling of women, because she gets to dictate the contract.

I just don't think people know cultural histories, they just assume a lot because of what someone else told them.
edit on 10/24/2013 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Unity_99
reply to post by Greatest I am

Now, even if you ignore all of what I just said, Christians follow Christ's words and beleive he came to create a contract of love with the people. They are not Hebrew but Christian.

edit on 24-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

The very first Christians WERE Hebrews.

That's why you see a difference in philosophies in the Bible, one is very Hebraic because that is where Jesus comes from, but later there is Greek, because later, Greeks converted to this new religion. But they weren't actually Greek, they were Turkic, who had been Hellenized.

The seven churches in Asia, are really in what we call today Turkey. There was a church at Rome, for the Hebraic converts. There was a church at Corinth, for the Greeks. But even Timothy's mother and grandmother were Jewish ladies who became converts themselves. So yes, the first was Hebraic, the Greeks came later.

I just don't think people understand these things. Paul was never a Greek, but travelled to Greece. He was not Hellenized, but he says of himself that he was a ROMAN citizen, but he was also a PHARISEE of the tribe of BENJAMIN. He makes it very clear that he was an ISRAELITE.

That's why the Mars Hill sermon begins.."YOU men of Greece". He wasn't Greek. He was Hebraic.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

WarminIndy

Greatest I am

Unity_99
One.

Regards
DL

And yet we see the crap lives their families had because of it.

Now do you think it was OK in God's eyes?

Let's see, David could not build the temple, Solomon was carried away into idolatry. Three of David's sons died, a daughter raped by a brother, Solomon held a lot of wisdom but carried away into idolatry, his grandsons lost the kingdom, so yeah, I can see how that worked out really well for them.

God was not pleased and said so. But since David and Solomon were both products of a Semitic culture and since the Egyptian pharaohs married their siblings, we can see how it just didn't work out so well.

You know, the Bible doesn't also just tell what they did, it also tells the outcomes, good and bad, of what they did.

Abraham didn't marry Hagar, but in those days in that Semitic culture, as it was dishonorable for a wife not to have children, Sarah chose to have Abraham have a child with Hagar, because in those days, they had this concept of children born belonged to the wife. So they actually did this thing where the woman giving birth would sit on the lap of the wife, because it was like a surrogacy. That's where the concept originated, and it wasn't just in the Hebraic custom. We see how well that worked out also.

Judah was supposed to give Thamar to his youngest son in what is called Levirate marriage. But since Judah was too stubborn to follow it, and losing sons, didn't follow the already established Levirate marriage custom in the Semitic culture. But we see how that worked out.

The only one of the patriarchs with one wife was Isaac. Moses came later and even though he was married to Zipporah, she left him over circumcision. After she left him, years later he got a new wife.

So you seem to not be able to reconcile the difference in a custom and what was acceptable. Jacob went to Aram and there met his wives and was bound to the custom of Aram, that's why Leah had to be married first. It was the custom. And we see how well that worked out.

So you see, just because man thinks it is a good idea, doesn't mean God does. And since God ordained the first marriage between one man and one woman and was the very first covenant relationship for humans, remember that covenants are made by the shedding of blood, the breaking of the hymen indicated a covenant was made.

That's why in those ancient days, when a man and woman were married, they had sexual relations on a white sheet, that was presented the next day to the public for the purpose of showing that she had been a virgin and that the covenant was established between them.

Marriage is a covenant, the first one ordained for humans. And God honors the undefiled marriage bed. So that means one man and one woman, because that's how God designed it. And since God designed it and honors marriage between a man and a woman, that means He is pleased with marriage between one man and one woman. Therefore, no matter how many times people try to find other ways around it, it simply isn't honored by God in those other ways.

Jesus taught that if a man can't keep his eyes to himself, then that man is breaking the covenant with his wife. And because the man thought he could beat his wife, he broke the covenant with her. That's why God said "enjoy the WIFE of thy youth". God doesn't limit or say sex is bad between a husband and wife, it's outside of that God does not honor.

And the Jews have a marriage contract called the Kettubah, and it was the responsibility, now get this, of the man to please his wife in all things sexual, or she could divorce him. So it's not buying or selling of women, because she gets to dictate the contract.

I just don't think people know cultural histories, they just assume a lot because of what someone else told them.

At some junctures, you (and enough others) would do well to apply some of that perspicacity to your own posts...the amount of 'God said - Jesus said' is really jerkin' the gherkin...

My challenge (as yet, not met) is that I WANT TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE WITH A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP with either of these two mentioned characters...if that cannot be provided..as in 'I just asked him, he/she said this in reply to the nominated query JUST NOW when I asked them'...there are very uncomfortable conclusions to be met head-on, or, as has been the case FOREVER, we will get dribble that evades the uncomfortable barrier that exists (but is assiduosly avoided) between these individuals (who have self-chosen themselves as personally related) and comic book characters...relying instead to circularly legitimise a position using the material that says it is legitimate...

As other posters have noted, 'laws' lend themselves to cultural and temporal (as in, of the times) parameters...they do not arise without a perception of threat, or without the current situation to prompt thier institution...otherwise they both, serve no practical purpose, or, are irrelevant to situation...

How many wives does Jesus allow?...ask him...

Å99

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Do you have a problem with us presenting the words of Christ as they are written? As Jesus said to Satan...IT IS WRITTEN.

I gave you the words of Jesus, and not only that, since you first attached this to the Bible, then why don't you allow the Bible to defend itself?

If you wanted a generalized statement about how God works, then why didn't you ask "How many wives does Buddha allow" or "How many wives does Quetzlcoatl allow". Since you attached it to Jesus, then you are going to have to take what the scriptures say.

Not only that, I gave you a HISTORICAL reference to the time that was questioned throughout the thread. But as Jesus is the SAME yesterday, today and forever, the original words apply. Christians can't change what Jesus said to make it palatable to this generation, that's a completely different religion altogether. But since you attached it to what Jesus allows, then you are going to have to take the IT IS WRITTEN.

It stands for all time, whether you like or not. Making a whole new philosophy about "nuggets" just means you don't really know what the scripture says, you just want a new religion. So here you go, as someone who does know Jesus, I will tell you He does not change and since He is the Word of God made flesh, as the scriptures are the word of God, then the scriptures have your answer.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

WarminIndy

Do you have a problem with us presenting the words of Christ as they are written? As Jesus said to Satan...IT IS WRITTEN.

I gave you the words of Jesus, and not only that, since you first attached this to the Bible, then why don't you allow the Bible to defend itself?

If you wanted a generalized statement about how God works, then why didn't you ask "How many wives does Buddha allow" or "How many wives does Quetzlcoatl allow". Since you attached it to Jesus, then you are going to have to take what the scriptures say.

Not only that, I gave you a HISTORICAL reference to the time that was questioned throughout the thread. But as Jesus is the SAME yesterday, today and forever, the original words apply. Christians can't change what Jesus said to make it palatable to this generation, that's a completely different religion altogether. But since you attached it to what Jesus allows, then you are going to have to take the IT IS WRITTEN.

It stands for all time, whether you like or not. Making a whole new philosophy about "nuggets" just means you don't really know what the scripture says, you just want a new religion. So here you go, as someone who does know Jesus, I will tell you He does not change and since He is the Word of God made flesh, as the scriptures are the word of God, then the scriptures have your answer.

You can choose to fold this piece of paper any way you like...you've just done exactly what I said you would do...

Do you 'knoe' Jesus like your brother or your sister?...your best friend that you can go and ask...LIKE RIGHT NOW?...I'm waiting to hear what he says (recent immediate past tense).

Be put on notice...I assail NO-ONES belief...as long as they legitimise that it is a belief...after that psychological line has been rubbed out and dismissed...we are all fair game...the trick will be in resolving CURRENT knowledge with knowledge that has had the opportunity to be tampered with (specifically the little golden book)...my inquest is a fair one...ask the source for an answer - NOW...not, this is what is written on the tattered patchwork quilt...

Can you do this?

Å99

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

akushla99

WarminIndy

You can choose to fold this piece of paper any way you like...you've just done exactly what I said you would do...

Do you 'knoe' Jesus like your brother or your sister?...your best friend that you can go and ask...LIKE RIGHT NOW?...I'm waiting to hear what he says (recent immediate past tense).

Be put on notice...I assail NO-ONES belief...as long as they legitimise that it is a belief...after that psychological line has been rubbed out and dismissed...we are all fair game...the trick will be in resolving CURRENT knowledge with knowledge that has had the opportunity to be tampered with (specifically the little golden book)...my inquest is a fair one...ask the source for an answer - NOW...not, this is what is written on the tattered patchwork quilt...

Can you do this?

Å99

There is a special flavour of discomfort when a 'friend' does not answer you directly...

Å99

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

akushla99

akushla99

WarminIndy

Can you do this?

Å99

There is a special flavour of discomfort when a 'friend' does not answer you directly...

Å99

Do you not take what your friend says after it was already said? How many times do you have to ask your friend the same question, expecting a different answer? That's the definition of insanity.

The answer was given, if you don't like the answer, take it up with Him. He doesn't change, His answer remains the same, forever. That's the point you need to get, you aren't going to get a different answer out of Him.

Perhaps you want Jesus to take you down to Strawberry Fields, Forever? Nothing to get hung up about.

The real answer was given, it's not going to change. There is no real Christian who is going to tell you differently, Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. I know Him today, and if He is the same today as He was yesterday, then the answer remains the same today as it did yesterday. And it will be the same tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

WarminIndy

akushla99

akushla99

WarminIndy

Can you do this?

Å99

Å99

Do you not take what your friend says after it was already said? How many times do you have to ask your friend the same question, expecting a different answer? That's the definition of insanity.

The answer was given, if you don't like the answer, take it up with Him. He doesn't change, His answer remains the same, forever. That's the point you need to get, you aren't going to get a different answer out of Him.

Perhaps you want Jesus to take you down to Strawberry Fields, Forever? Nothing to get hung up about.

The real answer was given, it's not going to change. There is no real Christian who is going to tell you differently, Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. I know Him today, and if He is the same today as He was yesterday, then the answer remains the same today as it did yesterday. And it will be the same tomorrow.

The answer is ONE, but if you can't live with ONE then divorce her (or she you) but not two at once, not three or more at once, ONE at one time, that's the answer.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

WarminIndy

akushla99

akushla99

WarminIndy

Can you do this?

Å99

Å99

I would have no problem whatsoever with what you have just written, except...'it is my belief'...
...anything that gets casually semanticised after that (or in spite of it) is 'any real christians' legitimisation of mythology...that piece of paper can be folded many, many times over (as it has)...
'Real answer' is a lame excuse for an explanation...

VHB authored an excellent thread (now hiding in the archives)...posters had the perfect opportunity to 'out' themselves as genuine devices capable of communicating directly with source/God/Jesus...those that could did not have the temerity to bang an empty pot, relying solely on One, and ancient source material for thier 'direct' communication...I respect your belief (as far as I understand them) but the next step taken is a psychological exercise in deflection...you appear to be practicing this strategy while you do not provide me with a current and direct answer from your friend...that may be 'enough' for you...but, I have a friend who, in third grade, saw a teeneage ninja mutant turtle...I still have his number and can ask him about this...can you do the same? (your simplest answer would be a yes/no - heretoforthwith unspotted)...

Å99

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Whether I live or not, or have belief in it or not, the answer is going to remain the same.

God doesn't need me in order to make a statement. He made the statement long before I ever existed. So whether I believe or not, doesn't matter ultimately. The truth remains the same.

My existence nor neither my belief created Jesus or His words. He was before me. So my being here doesn't really matter to the subject at hand.

I can only tell you what was written before me, how it applies today and tomorrow. I was born after the Constitution, but it will be here whether or not I am, but as long as I am an American citizen, it's the law over me as a citizen.

Yesterday He meant One wife, today He means one wife, and tomorrow He means one wife. It's just that simple as has nothing to do with whether or not I believe it.

Can you understand even how it works with a personal relationship with Christ? I live now, in this time. Nothing He says or does needs me to exist for Him to exist. As I live now in this time, knowing Jesus is knowing Him now, and knowing that He has never changed, then I can have assurance and hope that what was said before still stands today and tomorrow. So He wants me to know what He said by the Bible, because that's how I will know to judge whatever spirit is trying to communicate with me.

If something doesn't appear as the Bible has described it, then I don't even have to listen to it. That's the point about personal relationship. If it is Jesus, then He has to act according to His word. It's just that simple. That's the answer you are getting from me, no deflection, straightforward, Jesus assures us in His word that He does not change, and the Bible is how we judge that by. Do you get it now?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

WarminIndy

Whether I live or not, or have belief in it or not, the answer is going to remain the same.

God doesn't need me in order to make a statement. He made the statement long before I ever existed. So whether I believe or not, doesn't matter ultimately. The truth remains the same.

My existence nor neither my belief created Jesus or His words. He was before me. So my being here doesn't really matter to the subject at hand.

I can only tell you what was written before me, how it applies today and tomorrow. I was born after the Constitution, but it will be here whether or not I am, but as long as I am an American citizen, it's the law over me as a citizen.

Yesterday He meant One wife, today He means one wife, and tomorrow He means one wife. It's just that simple as has nothing to do with whether or not I believe it.

Still no yes/no, 'it is my belief'...would seem a simple question, why so hard to answer? Admitting it is your 'belief' (but not, and wholly, everyone elses' to adopt, because you believe it) should really do nothing to an unassailable position (at least, that is the impression I am getting, despite your having to deflect)...'NO, I am not in a position to ask my "friend" directly...but here is what the little golden book, that I believe in, says on the subject'...what is being left out by all claimants, is the 'that I believe', without the 'because it is the truth'...niether you nor anyone else can make this outrageous claim for anyone else...for yourself, yes...then, it becomes, your truth...but this is not what I am hearing...

I did ask God

He laughed at the question...

Å99

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I thought that the very EARLIEST of the gospels was written 70 years after the fact. Many books were written 100-200 years after.

So who's to say with any certainty what Jesus said or he didn't?

Think of the kids game "telephone".
edit on 10/24/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

WarminIndy

Can you understand even how it works with a personal relationship with Christ? I live now, in this time. Nothing He says or does needs me to exist for Him to exist. As I live now in this time, knowing Jesus is knowing Him now, and knowing that He has never changed, then I can have assurance and hope that what was said before still stands today and tomorrow. So He wants me to know what He said by the Bible, because that's how I will know to judge whatever spirit is trying to communicate with me.

If something doesn't appear as the Bible has described it, then I don't even have to listen to it. That's the point about personal relationship. If it is Jesus, then He has to act according to His word. It's just that simple. That's the answer you are getting from me, no deflection, straightforward, Jesus assures us in His word that He does not change, and the Bible is how we judge that by. Do you get it now?

Tying the Constitution to the little golden book is stretching the analogy...but, tell me, has the constitution, in some (what?) 200 years been amended, in any way?

Å99

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Chamberf=6
I thought that the very EARLIEST of the gospels was written 70 years after the fact. Many books were written 100-200 years after.

So who's to say with any certainty what Jesus said or he didn't?

Think of the kids game "telephone".

Ballpark, was that the kernel of the bible was completely 'compiled' by 2nd century AD...what with the adjustments to language etc necessary to bring it to an english speaking pulpit...it would be naiive to assume its veracity...let alone taking into account its spurious heritage (confidently claimed as its own, thank you very much)...

Herein lies the quandary...do we believe what the constitution says some 200 years ago, or do we modify it to reflect current conditions?...If so, what do we leave out, what do we include that (even by the finest of threads) retains the spirit of its 'original' content?

...or, how many wives does Jesus or God allow (from thier own mouth...without the chinese whispers game [telephones])?

Å99

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

...or, how many wives does Jesus or God allow (from thier own mouth...without the chinese whispers game [telephones])?

That's what I was getting at...the books were all written long after Jesus died so...

I was going by the carbon dating of the earliest known manuscripts of the books. Not the Council of Nicaea in 325 under Constantine where they picked and chose what went in the "official" bible.

Like I said in an early post, the only way to know for sure what Jesus himself actually thought on the subject would be to directly ask him, but I don't see that as being very successful.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Chamberf=6

I was going by the carbon dating of the earliest known manuscripts of the books. Not the Council of Nicaea in 325 under Constantine where they picked and chose what went in the "official" bible.

I understand that...point being, either way...the neon implication is 'picked and chose'...I think you'll agree...you'd have to have some mighty cohunas to change 'the word of God', don't you think?...and under these documented conditions, parts of what the Word of God was meant to have said, have been both put in and left out...this is called editing to remain consistent with message...the message we are recieving through this process, perchance does not resemble the original in any way...but, claimants will dodge and weave the implication, at once claiming 'personal' relationship (from a distance and indeed silence) from the source that does not answer a direct question to them...I did ask God the question...he laughed...see any difference there? Claimants express in the past tense, while spouting a present tense 'relationship'...

Å99
edit on 24-10-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join