It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Righteousness, Wickedness and Self-Righteousness - What is the difference?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
There comes a time in life when we all experience a moment of peripeteia (sudden realization). One of those moments for me came a few years ago. The problem here is one we all suffer from. Whether you are an Atheist or Christian, we all suffer from the problems associated with an incorrect map of the territory. Once you know this, you cannot unknow it.

Wickedness is defined as commitment to intentional evil. It is a willful breaking of the law. Righteousness is being set apart from the need for law and not just simply following the law to the letter. The law, by itself, cannot save you from your own wickedness. Love conquers the need for governance from law, and as the Bible states, covers a multitude of sin. There is a third category of behavior that can fit both a perceived righteousness and wickedness together. It's called self-righteousness. In this case, a person perceives that they are righteous, but in reality, they are embracing the same wickedness as simple unrighteousness. This can fit a Christian or Atheist. Each has no distinction from the other, as both are lost in their judgment of others.

The ideal state of righteousness is to be set apart from the need for reward or punishment. In this case, a person is not negative or positive. They are neutral. This is the cup filled to the brim. An Atheist is as empty as a self-righteous Christian. They are one in the same in their perceived pride over others. Only the humble soul has found salvation apart from judging others. Why? They manifest the fruits of the Spirit, which is a sign of finding salvation in Christ. Christ is the pattern for this nature. The hard part is adhering to truth, yet not lording this over others. This also brings up a question: how can truth be championed apart from its affect on others? Truth can cut like a sword. In this case, self-righteousness is confused with adherence to truth and true invariant law.

Three thieves hung on the cross. Christ was neutral. The lost thief was belligerent. The saved thief judged the other thief. The saved thief was only saved by His faith in the one that was neutral.

In physics, this is the strong nuclear force. With Hydrogen, we see one Proton (+) and one Electron (-) in perfect balance. When elements are created by the star, the two become one by the work of the neutral. A neutron and proton make up the center of the atom. This is the strong nuclear force and it adheres to invariant symmetry as a law. It is the same no matter how you look at it. All platonic solids are invariant. Turn them any way, but they always look the same. The electron (Weak Force) does not adhere to invariant symmetry. Because of this, it is free. Freedom comes at a cost that the electron borrows from the future. This must be paid. The electron will always be heeled by the strong force and brought back into submission eventually. This is the authority of the Strong force in nature.

The object in life is to become the proton inside the strength of the house. When we adhere to invariant truth, yet do not judge others from this platform, we are free. Our own actions are guided, but not used to judge others. Truth is its own proof.

Father in Hebrew is Aleph (Strength) and Bet (House). The strong house holds the Son (WORD). Son is Bet (House) and Nun (Seed). Aleph Bet (Letters) write the Word (DNA / SON). The Word tells a story to us.

The story has a point. Judge not lest ye be judged. Honor others above self. Love. The only place to find the story is at the source of its truth. It is found in one place. The story of Christ and by seeing the truth manifest in nature. It's evident as Romans 1 states. We are without excuse if we fail to realize the simplicity of giving over taking. Love is the end of the law.

Galatians 3

23 Before the coming of this faith,[j] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

edit on 23-10-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Wow, Ed, I was the first to flag and star your thread!!
Based on the first three paragraphs, that is.

(I'm sorry, you generally "lose me" (my attention, that is), when you start doing the chemistry/semantics/Bible verse dances, but your definition of "self-righteousness" is SPOT ON.) Saw the 'inspiration' post you made in spartacus' "theory" of atheists, and it makes sense.

This is not to say I have no interest in physics broaching the concepts of a 'creative first mover'; it's more that I find quantum physics mind-boggling. So should be -- and is -- the idea of "God."

MIND-BOGGLING. And that's how it should be, in my opinion.

When a "believer" comes quoting selected verses, it also loses my attention. I'm not interested in what the Bible says, really - because I see it as a set of myths collected together, and not much more than that. When someone claims they "have all the answers" based not on a personal NDE, but based on what their pastor or book 'says' I become suspect. It just doesn't add up.

Blessed be.

edit on 10/23/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Nice thread
. From my point of view both self righteousness and wickedness is ego based. Righteousness is not ego based but built on the will of symbiosis with everything and everyone around the self.
edit on 23-10-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Good post. So simple. I can see how certain political theories can arise from these type of thoughts and just completely "paper-fold" or convolute these simple truths.

new topics

top topics

join