A Very Interesting Clock

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I stumbled upon this odd clock and haven't been able to quit peeking at it a few times a day since then. If you love stats this is for you! It's a little morbid to be sure but interesting nonetheless.

It keeps a running tally of births, deaths, marriages, divorces, economy, google searches, servings of coca cola served, etc.

I am tempted to consume an extra serving of wine to see if I can out wit it...

Check it out here -

www.poodwaddle.com...

Time Is An Illusion - Einstein

Mods: I did a search for world clocks and only found a post from 2008. I thought it might be ok to update it a little, if not please close. Thanks.
edit on 10/23/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Thanks for posting, that is pretty cool! Just look at the drug trade revenue!!! Those numbers just dont stop do they and the births appear a lot faster than deaths.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

I know! They don't stop. I am amazed at how fast a lot of it moves. It's hard to fathom when you look at it and the numbers move faster than your brain can really register it.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Very interesting but when you watch the numbers fly by it makes the stomach feel uneasy. Especially the speed of the increasing debts around the world. S&F

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

rickymouse
Very interesting but when you watch the numbers fly by it makes the stomach feel uneasy. Especially the speed of the increasing debts around the world. S&F

It does do that. The rate of diseases spread also gets me. It kind of makes you aware that you live in a tornado of chaos... you just can't take it all in at one time.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Amazing clock! I wonder how they are getting that information, that fast, or is it some sort of guesstimations? It is the same sort of fascination that makes people slow down and gawk at accidents, watching it. Like you said it moves faster than you can watch and leads to that uncomfortable 'out of control' feeling. Just shows we are out of control huh?
edit on 31-10-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Jeez, people are dropping like flies. The clock changes to show different areas of the world (Asia is popping babies out like that octomom), different types of illnesses that kill people, etc. An interesting thing to look at, and thanks for the good find and for sharing it with us.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Took a look at the "debt clock.
Can someone please tell me where all that money goes? I know it goes somewhere, it is nowhere to be found around my house.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Really Amazing clock with all those stats. Don't know is it true. But very interesting.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Are they really the exact stats or a random algorithm which is increasing each category with different count per second??

I dont think they are the real stats, it is just an assumption which have been analysed after studying previous years of data.

Assignment Help

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

susanWhite
Are they really the exact stats or a random algorithm which is increasing each category with different count per second??

I dont think they are the real stats, it is just an assumption which have been analysed after studying previous years of data.

I am pretty sure that they have averaged out the "average numbers" and the numbers fluctuate according to that.
edit on 1/12/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The PoodWaddle clock is interesting. Here is another one I found when searching online for
comparison.

www.peterrussell.com...

The figures on this clock are approximations based on past stats and estimates.
They are calculated from the beginning of the selected time period until the current time.

enjoy
leolady

top topics

join