It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300,000 Lose Health Plans In Florida Due to Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Cant believe you are even asking considering that the government is now in the insurance business. The AHCA isn't at all like some national health care. All the AHCA is doing is picking up some of the slack and forcing the non-compliant to pay a "fine" which is reality a forced subsidy. In a number of ways this is simply the government working with the insurance industry by allowing them to dump a % of customers onto AHCA and then using that to justify rate and deductible raisers.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

worldwatcher
Can I ask why are people not OUTRAGED at the INSURANCE COMPANIES who are making millions in profits and still cutting people??? Everyone is blaming OBAMACARE but no one, not one government official or citizen group is addressing the real issue which is the INSURANCE COMPANIES????? why is that???

It seems like we all have a problem with the Band-Aid (obamacare) while we ignore the actual sore (insurance companies)

because the first black democratic president was able to sign it into law. if you haven't noticed during the last 5 years, the right-wing has opposed everything that Obama wants to do, even if it was, at one time, a recent republican idea. republicans for decades have shown that they are not for the common man, they represent the corporate and the wealthy, and any type of program that may tax them for the benefit of the rest of the population, is fought against tooth and nail. ever since franklin Roosevelt instituted protections for the common man through legislation, the republicans have been slowly dismantling those protections, along with the right-leaning supreme court overturning the basic tenant of the civil rights act passed by Lyndon Johnson...you are seeing this in action right now in the state of Virginia, where the republicans in state leadership positions have thrown over 60,000 voters off the election rolls 4 weeks before an election.
the republicans don't want poor people to have health care, they don't want to help them get jobs, they don't want them to be paid more in wages, they don't want them to vote, they don't want to help pay for their education, they don't want them to organize a union, they don't want regulations protecting people from being victimized by companies, in regards to the air they breathe, the clean water they need, the safe food they should eat, etc...why do I say this??...I simply have to look at the voting records of republicans who hold office both nationally, and in the individual states.
and my own caveat to this is...the democrats are far from perfect, there have been members on the left that have been outed for corruption as well they should be, they have also helped in sending jobs overseas, and not done a good job in protecting those jobs at home. my solution?....I and a lot of my republican friends (yes I have those) think that "we the people" should get the money out of politics. this is one piece of legislation where the right and the left should be 100% in agreement, and force our politicians to pass it into law. I refuse to be negative about our country, we need changes, but, we do not need to turn this into a bloody revolution....I somehow believe that there are powerful people that think there are benefits to it turning into that, and are actively "goading the beast of anarchy"

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Jimmy, ignorance is dangerous. The Dems are no more for the "common man" than anyone up there. wake up from sleep oh sleeper.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Please explain to me how the Democrats are any different/better. I need a good laugh.
second

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That statement is going to come back and bit Obama and his crap insurance on his butt because already is been look at by various group as a impeachment reason for lying to the public.

This is developing as we speak and the group that were lie to keeps growing and becoming very angry as a matter of effect.

As the people keep finding that they will have to foot more for insurance under Obama crap than with their existing premiums things are going to be heading once again to the Supreme court for the government deceiving practices.

Even in my local news the news people were making fun to the fact that the only reason that the Obama insurance site was down was because they didn't want to give hart attacks to those that were seeking insurance information, when they find out that their existing insurance were not longer acceptable and their new premiums under Obama crap will double and even triple

What I will like to know is when Obama is going to address the working class about the deceiving way he lie to them.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Oh jeeeze ... you played the race card. Really? Just stop.
And as far as the democrats go .. no they aren't there for the good of Americans.
Nancy Pelosi and her ilk are up to their eyeballs in corruption and self interest.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Obama color have nothing to do with the way that the corporate dictatorship works in the nation.

Still my friend if you are familiar with the Obama crap insurance the poor will still no be able to afford insurance and they will fall under the expansion of medicaid, still at the expenses of the working class, what that has to do with helping the poor?, this insurance crap was to target the working able population to be milking cows to the insurance business.

Socialized just for the poor, while serving the middle class as slaves to yet another corporation.

It has nothing to do with Obama's color

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Oh good hell. You honestly believe that the Tyrant 0bama and the Democrats have your best interest in mind???
Now I know what is wrong here.

All your response was missing is that the GOP is against him because he is black.

Man, you and every other Progressive are so predictable.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

macman
All your response was missing is that the GOP is against him because he is black.

That was insinuated at the beginning of his post. The race card was played.

I don't know why some folks buy into the (D) = compassionate thing.
The (D)s in Washington have proven they aren't.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The whole point of the ACA is to force insurance companies to provide health insurance plans that actually provide coverage.

The plans these people are losing are for their own good...these plans sucked and would never have covered them when they really needed them.

The ACA put in standards, these crappy plans didn't meet the standards so they have to be cancelled. The insurance companies could have just brought those plans up to standard, but that is THEIR choice, not Obama's. People have been throwing money away on these plans that don't really provide them with coverage, just the illusion of it...this is how the insurance companies used to make their money.

So all I see is people crying over why the ACA is not allowing insurance companies to continue to sell crappy plans that would never adequately cover their costumers.

And yes, they still blame Obama...not the insurance companies.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

worldwatcher

I get you girl, but I still don't understand why the Tea Party and opposition in general isn't pressuring the Insurance companies, I guess it's all the lobbyists, they and the politicians keep buttering each other and the real problem gets brushed aside and a big deal is made over any attempts of a solution. Imo ObamaCare needs works to be a great plan, but really it wouldn't matter how good it was, if Insurance companies can still raise premiums, lessen coverage and compensation and cut people off. It's the Insurance Companies that are the issue, especially in this Florida case that you linked.

Here is where you are wrong and have swallowed the kool-aid. The insurance companies are a for profit business. The insurance companies are created, designed and run in order to make a profit and increase shareholder value. Insurance companies are NOT in the business of providing healthcare - it is not in their business model to pay more in coverage then they take in in premiums. This is the law, the LAW dictates they must do their best to make a profit.

health care is provided by doctors, hospitals and clinics, not insurance companies. They are middle men, THAT ARE NOT NEEDED!!!!!!! Imagine if you needed a middle man to use the bathroom. One day you'd figure out you could go by yourself, unless you were so mind controlled to believe there is no other way.

This has always been the case. Insurance companies are NOT health plans, they have nothing to do with health at their core, they are all about takeing in more money then they put out. The common man thinks the insurance companies are health plans, their mission statement is "just in case" not "to be in good health." Turn it around, what if the house insurance covered your dead plants? What if you car insurance covered your oil change?

Medicare is a health plan of sorts, but the insurance companies are doing what they are supposed to do; avoid covering people who take too much from the system to be profitable. It is what they are supposed to do.

Now if you hate that, or you want to protest that, you are within your right, but it is akin got bitching about the snake who bites - it is what they do. Sure, at one time it was a more civilized screwing, but it has always been this way. The insurance companies saw a way to make money: most people never go to the doctor, so if we offer coverage for a problem that is unlikely to arise, we'll make money. Then, somewhere along the line, people got it in their heads that health insurance was a prepaid plan. They figured it was an ATM for health problems like sniffles and hives. It is not a prepaid plan, it is a just in case of catastrophe plan and there is a HUGE difference.

Now the obama people sold the gullible and stupid US public that a for-profit system is not a prepaid plan, when it is not possible for that to be the case. He told them a chicken was a goat and people believed him because the are so stupid as to not understand the basic business model of an insurance company. They are so dumb the didn't bother to look up the term "insurance" to see it's meaning. Had they, they would have known it isn't a prepaid health plan and that this fiasco was planned on purpose.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

But I know it isn't forcing people to give up what they like in order to purchase gov't run
insurance company care.

There is no government run insurance.

There is no excuse to not know this at this point so I am forced to determine it is willful ignorance.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

When the government forces you to buy a product then it is government run.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

It must be, for the time is at hand for the NWO to come to be, One less freedom to have but you can still choose, to have or not to have but pay the price, it is in your best interest for this to become your care for your safety and for the good of all. It is a New World just think this is just the beginning.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

So in your confuse by obamacrap mind you think that paying more for insurance covering the same that the ones people already have is good for th people because what? Obama wants it that way?

You have to be kidding, lo and behold I lost my faith on some people around here today with your post.

Incredible, just freaking incredible

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

Hon, thanks for that post, but the truth is that the Obama followers can not swallow the bitter pill of the truth that they have been deceived, that they actually still with all the realities hitting them right now believe that Obamacrap is going to cap insurance so they could not get their profits.

The reality is that insurance were never under Obamacrap been controlled, they will get their profits regardless as we have seen with the incredible and outrageous increases in the rates.

Where is Obama now, has he come forward to reassure the people that the insurance will be controlled? hell no

Still the poor will no qualify for Obamacrap and will be subjected to Medicaid expansion if only if the states will do it, but hell do not tell that to some because you will be tagged as a agent of disinformation.

The rates are getting to the point that no even those that qualify for subsidies will be able to still afford the Obamacrap.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

worldwatcher
Can I ask why are people not OUTRAGED at the INSURANCE COMPANIES who are making millions in profits and still cutting people??? Everyone is blaming OBAMACARE but no one, not one government official or citizen group is addressing the real issue which is the INSURANCE COMPANIES????? why is that???

It seems like we all have a problem with the Band-Aid (obamacare) while we ignore the actual sore (insurance companies)

Because politics has become a mindless team sport where you always cheer for your team no matter what.

If people were to take off their team blinders they would see that its not about obamacare or even insurance companies but lobbyist. The same reason most people don't ask why most large lobbying industry have record profits while the same industry has the most unsatisfied customers: telecommunications , oil, healhtcare, to name a few.

Unfortunately the masses aren't critical thinkers.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Excellent!

Now I do not have to comment. Thanks

It is called Neo-corporatism now since Fascism has gone out of style. Mother Jones has an excellent article showing exactly how it works using Archer Daniels Midland Co. It is interesting to note ADM profits soar 550 percent as ethanol margins improve

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Interesting article -
Washington Times - Prediction - More People Lose Insurance Under Obamacare than SIgn Up For Exchanges

House Speaker John A. Boehner predicted Wednesday that by the end of the month, more Americans will have lost their insurance by being kicked off existing health plans than the number who were able to sign up in the flawed online healthcare.gov website.

And the early numbers may back him up.

It's just a prediction from the opposition ... but the paper says that the numbers
look like he could be correct.

edit on 10/23/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

worldwatcher

not saying the insurance industry isn't jumping for joy...

but the present policies that were in effect--- no longer fit the criteria that 0bamacare demands a policy must adhere to... The Insurance Companies are not arbitrarily cancelling policies... they are merely following the dictates of the ACA Law

i suppose that ammendments could be made to existing policies...without cancelling the healthcare contained in the policy.... but that method of coming into compliance with 0bamacare would be real tedious & clumbersome

So... wiping the slate clean of older out-dated policies ....and starting fresh with one of the three classes of policies that comply with the 0bamacare demands would be the best way to handle the extra 40 million or so new individuals to be covered

again i'm not defending the insurance giants... after all -- i feel sure that the insurance industry and healthcare workers all conspired together to arrive at the cost=expense levels and all three (govt., Ins. Halthcare) determined that only double Platinum grade polices would be allowed to survive this transition in 2014
... the Bronze - Silver - Gold healthcare plans (the new ~great product... according to 0bama)
Those 3 premium plans will replace anything with less coverage than the VA medical plan or Medicare level of benefits....

so the industry insiders knew that there would be millions of new enrollees who had previously opted out from buying healthcare policies...
Industry leaders knew that the scale of size would have no bearing on the cost...

the only factor to price the 3 tiered policies was cost & profit...
a guaranteed, written-in-stone PROFIT above all else

damned the affordability the Insurance industry said... the people are mandated to purchase a policy under penalty of Fines and Tax compliance

note to : marg6043

Still the poor will no qualify for Obamacrap and will be subjected to Medicaid expansion if only if the states will do it, but hell do not tell that to some because you will be tagged as a agent of disinformation.

The rates are getting to the point that no even those that qualify for subsidies will be able to still afford the Obamacrap

If you want faster treatment you will want better than the entry level Medicaid Level of coverage

why are the 3 tiers of premiums Gold-Silver-Bronze... because those are the winners...
the VA health, the Medicare then last place is the Medicaid level of timely treatment

the 'death' panels are a real deal but highly sanitized... you know how the Police have a Blue Code of Silence
well the Medical-Insurance-0bamacare have just such a code - a surgical mask of silence about your/our healthcare

edit on 23-10-2013 by St Udio because: tide is edit bakwards

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join