It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists are actually Christians....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Its simple, if you go to a forum where there is a majority of Hindu, The attack will be mainly on Hindu Atheists and They will attack Hindus in return.

ATS, believe it or not, majority with people of christian background, compared to Hindu or Muslim.

Oh Hinduism it seems to have "evolution" theory"as well. Look up Avatars of Vishnu.

His forms: Fish > Turtle > Boar > Barbarian > Dwarf > Warrior > Pacifist > Enlightened being > Cleanser.

Most God-believing Hindus accept the theory of biological evolution.[9][10][11] They either regard the scriptural creation theories as allegories and metaphors, or reconcile these legends with the modern theory of evolution.

edit on 10/23/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

spartacus699
Then why are you so defensive? People in denial are always extremely defensive.

.... OR ... people who are correct and/or comfortable in their beliefs get irritated when
constantly bombarded by what they consider to be insane and/or ignorant preaching by
self righteous ninnies.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Wildtimes,

That's the point, Jesus never did anything to people, it's the crazies who "represent" Him that does crazy stuff. It's like people think every Christian is now going to whip them, or stone them...or burn them at the stake. Oh my goodness, I don't have the strength to do all of that.

I think what has happened is that some Christians have not learned what the true message of Christianity really is, and it is those Christians everybody seems to think all the rest of us are like.

I don't post long quotes from the Bible unless it is to make a point about something. What's the purpose of putting random quotes from the Bible if there is no explanation about what it means? At least that other guy gave a metaphysical explanation. But here's the secret, all people really are teaching metaphysical, but don't realize it.

But for me, Jesus is real, I have had the real experience. And it is Jesus that I don't want to see slandered, either from atheists, pagans or other Christians.

I am glad I was born in this time, I shudder to think if I lived in a time when the world was so angry with each other and killing everyone else all the time. Right now, Americans aren't facing it here, that's why Christianity can thrive here, but not in other parts of the world. How does it make you feel knowing Copts are being killed and their homes and churches are being burned? That's happening, by why?

I don't care if people want to follow Islam, it's Sharia I have a problem with. But I'm not going to stone Muslims either, that's a huge waste of stones that could be used for better things.

Some of my ancestors were French Huguenots, some were Ashkenazi Jews and some were Sephardic Jews. I am a Christian, but think it was a tremendous waste to keep persecuting and harassing others because they thought differently or ate kosher or whatever. But I also don't blame all Catholics or all descendents of the Romans. I can only judge people for what they are doing right now, because I live right now.

I know an 80 year-old woman who had been a prostitute when she was younger. She thinks I am going to judge her for her life. I can't because I didn't know her then. I only know her now. And she tells me why she did that, and it was to take care of her children. I don't pass any judgment against her, but others would. I do believe in giving people a break, unless we lived their lives, we can't judge their lives.

But I can judge what I see people doing right now, if they are hurting others, then I have a right to say it is wrong. That includes other Christians to me. It is their misrepresentation that causes the most harm. So no, I don't believe every Christian doctrine based on keeping others out or forcing others in. God didn't force me, so why would I force someone else?

And if you don't believe, then I have to accept that you don't believe. But I can't beat you up for it.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Dumbest thread of the week. Only self righteous christian nuts think athiests put any daily thought into religion. I know nothing about it, nor do I ever care to. All I know is to avoid it's members because they cannot be trusted.
edit on 23-10-2013 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

I get what the OP is saying. You never hear them trying to dismiss any other religion except Judeo/Christianity, then the "Abrahamic" religion, but have a problem mentioning the word "Islam" as though they don't want to offend Muslims. But it's so easy to do it to Jews and Christians, because we aren't likely to do any more than just argue back.

I don't hear them saying anything against Norse, Mayan, Polynesian, or even Hinduism, even though everyone of those religions have a creation, flood and end time, and each of of them have a teaching of heaven and hell.

The reason that you never (or rarely) hear atheists speak out against those religions is that what they are looking for is an argument (or in some cases, a rational debate,) and few people are going to argue the case for Zeus or Odin.

Vehement keyboard warrior atheists are just counterparts to their vehement keyboard warrior Christian brethren -- proselytizing, evangelizing, and trying to convince everyone that they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong. Thus, they rail against the biggest game in town, and thus the largest attention draw, Christianity.

That doesn't make them "Christian", it just makes them drawn to that sphere of argument.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
@op........ You might be onto something with this thread, Atheism today is a direct product of the wests materialistic civilization. This is proven by the fact its usually the Bible and Biblical figures that are mostly being attacked...in books, music and movies. Perhaps this points to the fact that there is a correlation between the biblical religion and the west, where atheism is most rampant. Which is why God and His prophets and Jesus are continuously mocked in the mainstream media in N.America and Europe. You wont see this in more conservative societies living in the middle east and Asia. Even in India, a country that is 80% hindu, God and His Messenger Jesus are NOT mocked and insulted in mainstream media. Atheist books are NOT bestsellers and atheists DONT have organizations like in the West. The reason why its christian ideas that are being attacked in your part of the world, is because it was ONCE a christian land.... But is now under the grip of atheists.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
We arent Christians, we read the bible & study the various religions as so we can make a more accurate decision that it's all a fairey tale. To take the attitude that we dont beleive without some sort of learning or understanding is just not right. No one is born an atheist. We get there by learning and useing that little thing called a brain & free will.

Blind faith is not for us. Education of the subject matter is for us. Living in reality is for us. Being able to think thru a problem without the clouds of religion is for us.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Atheism today is a direct product of the wests materialistic civilization.

No, it's a direct product of the fact that PEOPLE ARE EDUCATED, and recognize mythology and insupportable nonsense when they smell it, hear it, read about it, see it.

The reason why its christian ideas that are being attacked in your part of the world, is because it was ONCE a christian land.... But is now under the grip of atheists.

Hogwash. The USA was NEVER a "Christian land", and will not be in the future.

And the reason you don't see all the mocking in the Eastern and Arab world is that it is punishable by DEATH to disagree with whatever flavor of religiosity is in vogue and promoted by the government.

You are so full of it, Sk0rp. Unreal.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Its is a fair theory.

Vocal and active Atheists—typically ex-christians—still nonetheless talk about God, Jesus, the Bible, quote scripture, discuss the church etc. etc. etc. There are institutions and advocacy groups that promote nothing but "atheism". There are billboards, t-shirts, monuments, charities and other signs with Atheist talking points littered throughout.

I don't see much else said in regards to Islam, Judaism, Buddhism etc.

Atheism, as it stands in America, is simply another sect of Christianity.
edit on 23-10-2013 by Aphorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

No, it's a direct product of the fact that PEOPLE ARE EDUCATED, and recognize mythology and insupportable nonsense when they smell it, hear it, read about it, see it.

Actually, this would be one of the few points of agreement that I have with Skorp.

Christianity is not compatible with materialism (setting aside idiots like the "Gospel of Prosperity" advocates for the moment,) so it is in the best interests of those who drive materialism (corporations and mass media) to denigrate and diminish Christian beliefs. With the rare exception of instances where they can make money off of religion (shows like The Bible or catering to a Christian audience, like Chik-Fil-A did for about a month,) I think the evidence is pretty obvious.

For good or for ill, religion is being diluted and diminished in western societies by the powers that be, because it is in there best interests, not because "people are educated". The vast majority of irreligious people in America are just regular people, not theologians or Christ mythicists.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

here’s a website full of atheists who are actually ex Muslims now able to voice their disbelief in the safety of the very secular UK
council of ex muslims

and they argue with the current bunch of Muslims and they make youtube videos around their arguments

I became aware of them because of a poet called Nessrriinn

and guess what the Muslims say stuff like “you where never a real Muslim” or “you are just angry at Allah“ and so on to these ex Muslims atheist– so I guess this sort of thing is universal for religious people

but this might help explain the situation as atheist see it

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

For good or for ill, religion is being diluted and diminished in western societies by the powers that be, because it is in there best interests, not because "people are educated". The vast majority of irreligious people in America are just regular people, not theologians or Christ mythicists.

Which powers that be are you referring to?

I am under the impression that there is a sort of religious revival underway, although in a less traditional sense. I look to the history of ideas to confirm this.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The open celebration of atheism is mostly a western thing.

In reality, there is NO corelation between being educated and being godless. But of course, comfort yourself by believing otherwise.

Hogwash. The USA was NEVER a "Christian land", and will not be in the future.

It was. We still see vestiges of Americas Christian past... unless of course, you are proposing that Christians appeared in America out of thin air.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Kryyptyk

Mmm, not so much. I agree that -some- people may identify with that description, but the majority of atheists just came to realize that they didn't mesh with a religion or religions.

I myself was raised in a Christian household and when I was 13 came to the realization that I didn't hold to the beliefs of the church at all.

Different strokes I guess. :p

From my point of view. I believe that there is somethings more and that something knows who are walking the path or not (and not just talking about the path). Garment of religion do not suit me since I have noticed a groups of people that say they are something they clearly are not by their actions. I think it is many religious people who are in denial about what they are.

Atheism and science can be as idolistic as religion of what is as I have noticed lately on this forum since it does not matter if you come up with data that support your theory of the unknown since the science crowd do not want your theory to be true so they will not believe any data that supports it and do the same as Religion did, when the said the earth is in the middle because we have "faith" in our idol that it is.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n
The open celebration of atheism is mostly a western thing.

Like was pointed out ... because the poor folks in muslim-land who have educated themselves on the subject and decided that Islam is bunk can't be honest about their beliefs, otherwise the religious nutters over there would mass murder them. Not to mention the fact that there is no freedom of information for people to be able to educate themselves with in those hard core Islamic countries. It's all pro-islam propaganda. I pity the poor people stuck not being able to get the facts and not being able to openly leave the cult that has it's jackboot pressed against the backs of their necks.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Thats rich coming from someone who claims to be 'Christian" but doubts the virgin birth of Jesus.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

Yep!! I agree! Penn Jillette is a Ex-Christian. He talks about it very well. Folks can check it out ..on youtube..and his website..etc..
so am I as a matter of fact.

lots of video's he has "big think" e.g. below

edit on 23-10-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n
In reality, there is NO corelation between being educated and being godless.

In reality, there IS.

Freakonomics - More Education Means Less Religious

I find that higher levels of education lead to lower levels of religious participation later in life. An additional year of education leads to a 4-percentage-point decline in the likelihood that an individual identifies with any religious tradition;

Religiosity and Intelligence

Various studies further suggest that relying more on intuition tends to increase religious beliefs, while analytic, deductive, and more rational thinking decreases religious beliefs.

Critical Thinkers Lose Faith in God - Scientific American
Huffington Post - Study says Religious People Less Intelligent than Atheists

That's the provocative conclusion of a new review of 63 studies of intelligence and religion that span the past century. The meta-analysis showed that in 53 of the studies, conducted between 1928 to 2012, there was an inverse relation between religiosity -- having religious beliefs, or performing religious rituals -- and intelligence. That is, on average, non-believers scored higher than religious people on intelligence tests.

But of course, comfort yourself by believing otherwise.

Actually, you are denying reality and therefore comforting yourself by believing something other than the facts.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Typical skorpion drive-by off topic attempt at insults. Dude ... hang it up. It's pathetic. Oh .. and I don't 'doubt the virgin birth' of Jesus. It hasn't been disproven, so it's open to believe or disbelieve. Now GROW UP and address the issues of the thread.

Your deflection attempt from what I posted .... EPIC FAIL (as usual)
Here it is again ....

The reason that atheism isn't discussed in Islamic countries - the poor folks in muslim-land who have educated themselves on the subject and decided that Islam is bunk can't be honest about their beliefs, otherwise the religious nutters over there would mass murder them. Not to mention the fact that there is no freedom of information for people to be able to educate themselves with in those hard core Islamic countries. It's all pro-islam propaganda. I pity the poor people stuck not being able to get the facts and not being able to openly leave the cult that has it's jackboot pressed against the backs of their necks.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So you ran a search on google for a bunch of pro-atheist links ? Cute.

Next time, try harder.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join