It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists are actually Christians....

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

You implied that we are cursed by our humanity.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Will you be connected to the Great Spirit? What if the Great Spirit says you can't come until you've learned? What if you never learn? Then there's no end goal, if you never learn.

You do learn, though. There is no escape from it. No one "never learns".......
My belief is that we are "ALL" on the 'hamster wheel' that is "incarnation".....and when we figure it out, on an individual and gut level, we are "graduated" from the cycle.

At that point, we can CHOOSE to come back and help/teach....but it is optional.

This is how I see Jesus...he CHOSE to come back and help teach. But ---- so have a lot of others, like Buddha, Krishna, Ghandi, etc.....

I think there are many, many more of them living NOW on the Earth than there ever have been before....and it is folly to ignore their message. Humanity has outgrown the 'Abrahamic' tyrant-God.

Peace

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

My thoughts echo yours precisely.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I just went to church today for the first time in a while, and while I consider myself a good person, a lot of people in that church were honestly reading the Bible passages without understanding any meaning behind them, or even paying attention.

I just moved back to town after living with some room-mates in Idaho where I had to deal with a shady police department and a high crime rate. I experienced everything from having guns pulled on me, to people coming by our house with brain cancer who had no way to fix it and were dying, one girl's dad shot his head off with a shotgun, the list goes on forever...

I mean it is a situation where it tests your ability to make the right choices 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

So I wrote this:

"It is only through experience and tribulation that the word of God is known. Without testing your faith, how do you even know what your faith is?

Or that you have any at all? If you are put in a situation where you have to actually make decisions using the knowledge you know, and do not take this chance, what good does it do to follow empty rituals and speak words from a book which you do not understand?"

A lot of the passages in the Bible tell stories that are explaining things that make complete sense after someone has had to experience them and discover them for themselves, but they are taken the wrong way, they are taken as a ticket to judge others and act in exactly the wrong way instead of as a story to empathize with and say

"I've been there, oh! I know what this is like! I remember having to make those same decisions, I am so glad that someone else wrote this story so that I can share it with my kids and family."

It's not supposed to be about judging others, it is supposed to be about reading a story that resonates with something you've experienced on a personal level, about self growth, and that isn't even allowed to happen if the church is hostile towards what it should support, which is human life.

The problem is, in today's religious society, we have completely screwed up on what the purpose of the Bible is, it is not a rule book, it is a story book full of stories to relate to, not stories to judge by.

Rules are good to follow, but there is no warmth and adaptability in rules without understanding, there is no love in fear - fear caused by lack of experience and the maturity that comes with it.
edit on 27pmSun, 27 Oct 2013 13:31:21 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 27pmSun, 27 Oct 2013 13:31:52 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

What, you're not going to answer me? You don't have a good explanation for this?

Yes, we are all born in sin, because we are humans that suffer humanity. It's not that as a baby you did anything wrong, but as the child of humanity, you came into this world with the problem of humanity already in you.

I can't make it any clearer for you. Humanity is evidently a problem, according to your religion. A weakness. A flaw. A curse. The reason we need Jesus to save us, or whatever. Humanity is our Achilles heel. That's what I got from your post.

Now, are you going to explain to us why humanity is such a travesty of God's plan? Or are you just going to hang it out there and pretend that it wasn't you who made such a claim?

Again and again, I hear it. Again and again. Humans are to God as cockroaches are to us. Why? What's so bad about humanity? Maybe God could use some. In fact, I'm fairly positive that he could use a lot. Seems like he's grown cold and distant and aloof in his time spent away from us. With posts and ideas like the ones you're giving us, is there any wonder why I despise the philosophies and virtues and dreams of the Abrahamic god? There shouldn't be. It's pretty freakin' obvious.
edit on 27-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Look at all the Wannabe Atheists...

All you wanna be Atheists can never say "Oh My God" in your entire Lives!!

If you do, you were bad Atheists and gave into the Primal instinct of pleaing with your maker!!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

So being educated about religion makes one religious? Signs seem to point to the exact opposite, actually.

Most Atheists turn to atheism after exhausting the possibility of religion having any bearing, so we do our research then decide that the bible, qoran, torah, and whatever other holy book you can think of, are a crock of s***; an ignorant response to the then unknown.

Ignorance is the foundation of religion; people are faced with the unknown, so they turn to their imagination to fill in gaps, and thus a new religion is birthed. A few millenniums later we have found logical answers to many of the unknowns that led to the birth of said religion, and yet so many people still choose to believe in fairy tales.

What i don't understand is where Christians get the nerve to call Atheism a religion, or even go as far as to claim all atheists are "secretly Christians."

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

Aside from being a common phrase in every language that I know of, the term "Oh my god" is not referencing a specific god. Namely, if you are Islamic, "oh my god" translates into, "oh Allah." A Christian referencing the phrase obviously is calling to the holy trinity that makes up the Christian god, and as such an atheist saying the phrase is referencing his or her own god, which may be nonexistent.

Semantics are pretty cool, aren't they?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

So you said it??

You are designed to say it.

It is built in. A little glitch as a reminder!!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

I say it because it conveys a particular intensity of emotion depending on how I say it. It has nothing to do with actual belief.
edit on 7-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

AbleEndangered
Look at all the Wannabe Atheists...All you wanna be Atheists can never say "Oh My God" in your entire Lives!! If you do, you were bad Atheists and gave into the Primal instinct of pleaing with your maker!!

I have no idea what any of that means. People who are atheists can use verbal expressions to denote an emotion just like anyone else does without it having to be taken literally.

I have said 'crap on toast!!' when I got upset, but that doesn't literally mean that I'm looking at a piece of toast with poop on it. I"ve said 'F-that' but that doesn't mean I went and dry humped whatever I was upset at.

If Atheists say 'oh my god' .... that's not them somehow 'going primal to please their maker'. It's just an emotional verbal expression. Nothing more.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The OP is right about this, because I have talked to some of the people he described in his OP.

They don't care about criticizing or arguing against any religion but Christianity, it's like they think those religions are totally irreverent. All there time is devoted to debunking the bible and the Christian account of creation.

OP makes a very interesting point.

Here is my take, the ideology that is closest to the truth will be fiercely attacked by the dark side, and the others religions merely work as a distraction to the spiritually minded.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

DId you read the thread and the information discussed that shows the OP to be dead wrong?
Any comments on those? Or do you have to take a minute and read the thread to catch up??

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
You cannot call someone who denies Jesus Christ as their Savior a Christian now can you...
edit on 9-11-2013 by ServantOfTheLamb because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join