It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being a THUG

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Hello it's your favorite ninja and today I have a rant. Now if you can't tell already, I'm a Black Guy. A very cool down to earth Black Guy. I listen to "gangsta rap" or whatever the heck they want to call it today and I love a good sci fi flick. But today I want to say, (If you are wondering) YES I AM A THUG.

I voted twice for Obama (because seriously there wasn't no way in H*ll I would have voted for Robot Romney or Old Man McCain.) I don't have a problem with Obama. NONE at all. I know people are always saying, hey Black guy aren't you upset that Obama hasn't given your people more welfare or Obama phones? I seriously don't know, I'm a Thug, I handle my own business. I have a good career and I wouldn't know anything about welfare or Obama Phones.

Am I worried about Black on Black crime? Yes. For the same reason I don't deal with cops. I don't want to be shot. I'm gun adverse. I don't like guns and I don't like that stupid people always have a habit of having them. So no I don't want to go to the hood with you to buy some weed. There are people with guns there and I don't want to get shot over a dime bag.

No, sir, I do not respect the confederate flag. Hey, I don't care if your ancestor's fought in it and you want to honor their service. Look, they lost, get over it and there no reason (other than you want to cause trouble) to waive that flag in my face as if you are getting a one up on me because your ancestors LOST the civil war. The south will rise again my AZZ. Good Southern Culture also includes manners. Being a overt with your racism is just messy.

Agents of Shield on ABC is horrible, Breaking Bad was amazing, The Wire and Sopranos were also amazing. Kanye West is the best, Kim Kardashian is beautiful (loves the attention too much..but), and the Next President will be a woman. The world is changing and I'm here to tell people in this rant, get over it. The next big religion will be the Internet to which we are worshiping everyday. Hey hey surprise, I don't care what Jesus or Muhammad thinks I should be doing to improve the world. I do what I want when I want. I don't bother anyone and I'm more than willing to sit down and have a whiskey (because only real men drink whiskey) with anyone!! Poor, rich, ugly, beautiful. I like life. And here is a secret...I'm not the only one.

But after all this I want you to remember....I AM A THUG.

This rant was brought to you by constant BS on MSM about Black on Black violence in Chicago and the utter despair that Black Males must live in this unforgiving world.....Yeah right....So, I'm sorry if I interrupted anyone's fabricated reality about me being a thug and on welfare. Please continue believing I'm typing this with one hand on the keyboard and the other on my Glock.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Nice rant... Would I be racist if I disagreed with your view of Obama?

I am a white woman in her 30's. I am a stay at home mom and I believe in a hand up, not a hand out. I believe in family, I believe in an older fashioned way of life. Marriage before kids, no divorce because he can't remember to get his armpit hair out of the soap. I like Clint Eastwood and John Wayne. I also like documentaries and fun facts. I am from a lower middle class background, I have no higher education than high school. I believe that you should work ANY job you have like it's a million dollar job. No job is too small or too dirty for me or anyone else.

I believe in the constitution and I believe if you don't exercise your rights you are apt to lose them.

Will you pardon me if I am not sitting with one hand on the keyboard, and one mixing fresh blueberry muffins for a continental breakfast?

In all seriousness it was a good rant. It's funny when we think about how others view us. I try really hard to stay away from stereotypes because I am so far away from the one most peg me for. It sounds like you are too.

Always keep them guessing.

edit on 10/23/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ltheghost

thug noun \ˈthəg\ : a violent criminal
Full Definition of THUG : a brutal ruffian or assassin

or

thug
As Tupac defined it, a thug is someone who is going through struggles, has gone through struggles, and continues to live day by day with nothing for them. That person is a thug. and the life they are living is the thug life.

So just to be clear the first definition is from merriam-webster and the second is from Urban Dictionary. Which do you consider (if either) describes yourself?

You're absolutely correct about whiskey, the only real drink.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Pretty righteous except for that thing about Yeezus.

edit on 10/23/2013 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Well Played and Spoken, Sir.

I'd be honored to meet you and I'll bring the bottle.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I like Maker's Mark but, Jack will do me just fine. It just plan sucks how others view us. I am a white man in my 30's. A healthcare professional. What people think of me just makes me laugh sometimes. What can ya do. Half the time people think Obama calls me daily and has me kill old ladies.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I hear thug and I think of someone who is violent or a bully, I can tell your not a thug in the way I would define it so I imagine your going to have to explain that to people along the way who are not aware of its new meaning.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

You leave your drink around me, believe your drink gonna get drunk up

we don't play.

We ride just like that.

Your girlfriend wanna ride with me
In a car with a pimp, where she supposed to be

I gotta stay..... Thug.

Sometimes I feel so alone, I just don't know

Feels like I been down this road before

So lonely and cold, it's like something takes over me

Endless forgiving for the one who does not know for the deeds gone past for the covered body of Gaia we cry rivers of shared torment.
edit on 23-10-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
A thug? So are you a ninja or a Hindu asassin.....two very different things.. just curious

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 23-10-2013 by sikko45 because: to spread awareness

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

You totally lost me at "Kayne West is the best."

Nice rant though......even if I have a 100% opposite feeling about Kayne West. One I can't voice on here without breaking T&C.

Agents of The Shield sucks? Damn. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet but i"ve heard mixed reviews.

new topics

top topics

join