It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verizon called to help fix ObamaCare Mess!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well isn't this interesting. Government asks big red to help them fix this mess, and while I believe Verizon has the resources and experience to get it done, at what cost?

Do we get our money back from Canadian owned US based subsidiary, CGI FED? What a joke that is, im sure they get to keep their contract earnings, and again Americans get to foot the bill with more debt.

Everything Verizon does is at a premium, everything the government does is full of FAIL. I am somewhat surprised that Verizon would want to get involved in this mess, but believe me, this is a calculated risk on their part, and there is something in it for them, maybe deregulation?

One gigantic bureaucracy of the private sector, to save another behemoth bureaucracy. Verizon does have plenty of experience with records, especially when it comes to handing over insane amounts of data. After all they did such a good job getting all of the records together for the fed, and in such a timely manner, which was no doubt a big task for them to undertake.

Big Red should have just let the call go to voicemail.

The problems with the federal health insurance website prompted President Obama to make a Rose Garden speech on Oct. 21, in which he promised experts from the government and outside firms would work “overtime, 24/7″ to fix what he called “kinks” in the site’s operations.

Read more: swampland.time.com...

edit on 22-10-2013 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Verizon? ET wants to phone home? Well Obama is not ET he is just plain old BO.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

rickymouse
Verizon? ET wants to phone home? Well Obama is not ET he is just plain old BO.

Verizon wants out of the land line biz, and wants to be a "Technology Services" company, and be like a google, or apple, even though they could buy either one of them tomorrow. Lots of old money in VZ.

Well maybe Hussein will get a discount on his long distance calls to his birthplace, Kenya... this deal with VZ may help reduce our deficit after all!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sicksonezer0

So how does a conversation like that go?

Obama: Say Verizon, look I know we dogged you with the NSA and forced you to do horrible things. Do you think you could come over and fix our web site?

Verizon: ??? ... #@%$#%$ $%#$# !@$$%%%

Obama (to press corp): They said they'd be right over.

What a total loser.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

HAH the .gov screws over the baby bells every chance they get. Why Verizon would get involved is beyond me, there is something bigger here. Probably bragging rights for VZ, but they most certainly will get something out of it.

Verizon is a monster powerhouse of a corporation that would kill you without thinking twice. Everything they do is expensive and over the top, but usually works in the long run.

I don't think Verizon put up too much of a fight when it came to handing over the phone records, plus we would have never found out about it if it wasn't for leakers. Verizon is bound by regulatory agreements to keep all of the spying a secret.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
$88,000,000 for a healthcare.gov

awarded in March, 8 months ago.

8 Months average hours...5843.88

88,000,000 / 5843

$15,060.75 per hour? Working around the clock 24x7 with no overtime...

$68,750 per hour if they aren't working people like slaves, 40 hours per week x 4 weeks a month x 8 months.

Maybe I am wrong about that, its late and I have been drinking all night in this boring hotel room in beautiful Washington D.C.

According to the GAO report, CGI Federal was awarded $88 million (out of the $398 million total) through March 31, for both the FFE information technology and HealthCare.gov. So far, the company has declined to comment how much of that was exclusively used for the website.

www.foxnews.com...

edit on 22-10-2013 by sicksonezer0 because: NO OVERTIME!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I find this especially HILARIOUS because the Verizon national network CRASHED this tuesday. Oh baby this will truly be a hackers wet dream.

top topics

join