It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 5 Conspiracy Theories That Are True!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Hey ATS.

That's the title of this video from RT which covers 5 "conspiracy theories" that turned out to be true after documents were released by the US government.

1. Operation Northwoods
2. Project MKUltra
3. Prohibition alcohol poisoning
4. Tuskegee syphilis experiment
5. Operation Mockingbird

This is beginner-type-stuff for your average ATSer, but it brings up a great point. People mock "conspiracy nut-jobs" when they say things like "the government is poisoning the people" or "the government planned out a false-flag operation."

Why do conspiracy theorists get mocked when the government has ALREADY admitted point-blank that they have poisoned people and planned false-flag operations in the past? These aren't theories anymore, they are facts.

So the next time someone scoffs at you for being a conspiracy theorist, tell them to read the Operation Northwoods documents and then extrapolate to imagine what the government has planned in the future, coming to a neighborhood near you!

And the next time someone mocks you for disbelieving the talking head on the stupid-box, tell them to take a gander at Operation Mockingbird and then tell you with a straight face that they trust the media.

Oh yeah, and why is it such a far-reaching theory that the US government was involved with 9/11? They've already openly admitted to things that are just as bad or worse from an ethical standpoint!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

Oh that list is gonna grow!!

and grow...

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
So now the government has got better at covering up and hiding their deceptions. It is harder to get proof and if you can produce proof, you are a terrorist. I sure wouldn't blow the whistle on these organizations if I had the evidence, your life would be ruined and you would have to go live in Russia or maybe some other country that would protect you.

If you can provide evidence for your claims of wrongdoings in the system, then you are automatically targeted for investigation.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

rickymouse
So now the government has got better at covering up and hiding their deceptions. It is harder to get proof and if you can produce proof, you are a terrorist. I sure wouldn't blow the whistle on these organizations if I had the evidence, your life would be ruined and you would have to go live in Russia or maybe some other country that would protect you.

If you can provide evidence for your claims of wrongdoings in the system, then you are automatically targeted for investigation.

When there's a will there's a way. The proverbial information dung is going to hit the fan at some point soon.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Why do they get mocked...????

Because if the government have already admitted it, it's no longer a conspiracy...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
No one can really prove they're true. There might be some circumstancial evidence pointing that way, but there's no diffinitive proof. Same with 911, same with JFK, RFK, MLK. There's never any diffinitive proof. Like it's not like a superbowl game where the world saw it, and 100k people where there to witness who won the game. A few insiders who leaked information after the fact but with no proof, just mostly hear say. That's why it's just left in limbo

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

spartacus699
No one can really prove they're true. There might be some circumstancial evidence pointing that way, but there's no diffinitive proof. Same with 911, same with JFK, RFK, MLK. There's never any diffinitive proof. Like it's not like a superbowl game where the world saw it, and 100k people where there to witness who won the game. A few insiders who leaked information after the fact but with no proof, just mostly hear say. That's why it's just left in limbo

with the super bowl theory of yours ,the only conspiracy you have proved correct would be trade centre towers,most of the world saw what happened
w

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
People that refuse to even think about a 911 conspiracy being real, should start read/educate themselves more. Seriously...CIA seems to be involved in EVERYTHING.
And wasnt it Kennedy that said he would break the CIA into a thousand pieces?

Btw next on that list should be the conspiracy about the government spying on all of its citizens, well since we all now know its a fact...lol

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Can I add one more to the list, one of my favourites, The Octopus.

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

www.unsolved.com...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Pladuim

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Wasn't really aware of number 4, but will look it up, TY.
Love the avatar, and maybe most of us at ATS could make note of the some of the words to the song:

"Tell me is something eluding you sunshine,
Is that not what you expected to see?
If you want to find out what's behind these cold eyes,
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."

I agree, the list may just grow....

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Before starting to read the thread I need to say this. If it's true it's not a conspiracy theory. It's fact. Thank you carry on.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
How About

6. The Eugenics Movement 1880s -1977

And

7. Operation Paperclip

These 2 have always bothered me even though I have met many people which have nothing to do with race or IQ just "here's your sign" people who really need to NOT have kids that eugenics might benefit.

If you don't know the "Here's your Sign" quote here (I listened and didn't hear any T&C violations unless insults count hehe) Watch Bill Engvall's skits.

He has LOTS of them so check him out, but do NOT take a drink during his skits or be prepared to lose keyboards etc

Lil

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Northwoods isn't much of a conspiracy since of the proposals were never carried out. And some of them are so outlandish they appear to have been included only to make the other, more moderate proposals look better by comparison. After the Bay of Pigs, I think they knew Kennedy didn't really have the guts for this kind of stuff.

A better #1, I think, would be Gladio. If you assume even a handful of the allegations are true and follow those lines, you've got CIA, NATO, the Mafia, Freemasons, Nazis, terrorists, false flag covert action against allies, pretty much every conspiracy trope but aliens and Satanists (and I'm not sure about those).
edit on 23-10-2013 by FurvusRexCaeli because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

It's a subtle point. Conspiracies certainly have existed, do exist and will exist.

But conspiracy theories are all false.

Conspiracy theories are made up by hobbyists: people without privileged knowledge. The information from which they put together their theories comes to them from the media, or from a friend or associate, or from something they saw and took for evidence of a conspiracy but which isn't enough, in itself, to prove it. Imagination plays a big role in what they do. They're making things up out of these ingredients. You might even call it an art form.

Conspiracy theorists are the opposite of leakers and whistleblowers, who have documentary evidence or firsthand knowledge of the conspiracies they expose.

Every sceptic knows real conspiracies exist. And yes, they can be quite creepy and bizarre, like the ones in your post. Why wouldn't they be? If there are members of the public paranoid and imaginative enough to come up with weird conspiracy theories, it stands to reason that there will be members of governments, religious organisations and big corporations who are equally paranoid and imaginative — and morally cretinous enough to try to make their mad fantasies real. Military establishments are especially prone to paranoia — they cultivate it, in fact.

So yes, things sometimes do get pretty weird in the real world.

But those are conspiracies, not conspiracy theories.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
You can add WMD's in Iraq to that list.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
don't forget the 100 billion a year in afghani heroin
another conspiracy theory you can take to the bank

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
prohibition.. this is where I realized as a young boy that America was a SHAM, and that most Americans are really dumb. A couple years after this child hood revelation, the country confirmed it with the MANDATORY seat belt laws.

Nothing is more obvious to the informed. But, who is behind it all? Is the Crown behind it all?

These five conspiracies all point that way.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The actual list of conspiracy theories that are true is simply too long to mention here...A couple of the most recent ones are: The situation in Syria,9/11,drugs and the medical conspiracies,vaccines,spying on citizens,banking and financial systems,Iran issue,global warming,chem trails,false flags for invading countries,human and drug trafficking,axis of evil,educational systems,media...and the list goes on and on and on,,but it is very refreshing to know that more and more people are awakening all around the world......cheers to them all. "All and all we are just another brick in the wall"

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

when the 9/11 towers fell, they defied the laws of physics. that is not conspiracy. it shows planning and demolition. smoking gun. you CANNOT attain freefall speeds when two exact forces(concrete, steel vertical I beams) exert themselves on one another. It defies physics and what we know. Three buildings do not do freefall speeds on top of themselves by a plane crash. These buildings were built with redundancy systems and a three part steel structure system, so if the top fell, it would not cause failure on the bottom. these buildings were MADE TO LAST. just saying. some are more than others in the conspiracy thing. as far as motive, and whodunnit, I agree, without admittance under oath, or a step by step video of the actual work to take them down, there is no way to verify.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

MadMax9

Why do they get mocked...????

Because if the government have already admitted it, it's no longer a conspiracy...

please look up the definition of 'conspiracy'. government admission or no, 'these things' remain conspiracies. i think you meant to say they are no longer theories.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join