It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One thing the Palestinians and the Israelis agree on: Colin Powell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I found it quite interesting that both Chief Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erakat and Israeli Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom praised Colin Powell as a friend.

Said Erakat, "In our deliberations with him, he has gained our highest respect and appreciation," Erakat said. "He's a fair man and highly dignified and will indeed leave his mark on international politics."

Said Shalom, "You are a very good friend of Israel, but more than that, you are a very good friend of peace," Shalom told Powell as the two of them faced reporters after a meeting at the State Department. "You have done everything you can in order to have better time, better future in our region, to have more stability, to bring hope to our peoples there."

www.cnn.com...

Seems Powell had the right attitude, talked the right talk and walked the right walk. Condoleeza Rice has some BIG shoes to fill.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Maybe Ms Rice can help to bring those two together no that the balance of power is up for grabs in with the Palistinian people. I have a real hope that some good is going to come out of the situation there.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Interesting! I had a dream once where Colin Powell was elected U.S. President in 2008 (John McCain was Vice President), and in 2010 peace between Israel & Palestine was finally achieved...
At the end of the dream, Powell was remembered as one of the U.S.'s greatest Presidents in later years! (The fact that he happened to be the first black U.S. President was just a footnote in comparison to his accomplishments... in the dream, anyway.)

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Powell had a huge amount of credibility. Both from his persoanl presence and his handaling of the first Gulf War. He is a huge loss. It remains to be seen how Rice will be able to handle the ME.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Maybe Ms Rice can help to bring those two together no that the balance of power is up for grabs in with the Palistinian people. I have a real hope that some good is going to come out of the situation there.

Rice is one of the more right wing of the wackos Bush has employed. Israel will be overwhelmingly favoured in her mind now that she has powell's job.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I agree with zapta. And that wont help the peace process

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
its zapata. as in....General Zapata of the mexican revolution?

I'm not mexican though, I'm originally from lebanon.

*sings* Jayeen, ya arz il jabal, jayeen.....lol!

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Uh, first, any reson for everyone quiting the Bush Admin? We have what? Rice and Cheney left? Sad, no one wants to be associated with President Dumbass anymore. Oh well, go Powell 2008! I would actually vote for him even if he ran as a republican. Even better with McCain as VP? Damn, can you say the next best thing Since George Washington?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Uh, first, any reson for everyone quiting the Bush Admin? We have what? Rice and Cheney left? Sad, no one wants to be associated with President Dumbass anymore. Oh well, go Powell 2008! I would actually vote for him even if he ran as a republican. Even better with McCain as VP? Damn, can you say the next best thing Since George Washington?

Uh, it is perfectly normal for major turnover of a cabinet in a President 2nd term.

In fact Clinton only had 2 people to stay the whole 8 years, 1 of which was Janet Reno. Ron Brown could have made #3 but he died mysteriously.

Powell and McCain will never get close to getting nominated for the Republican ticket as President. Powell maybe as a VP candidate for a very conservative candidate. I would not support McCain for that position.

Don't worry about Conaleeza Rice, she will do a great job! I just hope that Rumsfeld stays on as Secretary of Defense!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Yes, this should be active again. I hope it is soon.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kidfinger

Condoleeza has to be the ugliest mutant ever, and michelle obama is its long lost sister.. these 2 are UGLIER THAN SHREK

top topics

join