It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amnesty International says US drone strike program = War Crimes, Pakistan PM Agrees

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Listen, if what Bush and Cheney did during the phony Iraqi war didn't amount to war crimes and war profiteering then drones certainly don't. The only difference between an attack and a drone strike is with a drone the pilot is not at risk. Maybe the real outrage should be that the US is attacking another country without a declaration of war from congress. Oh sorry, congress has important things to do like investigate a website that didn't work well.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Can we get the Taliban and Al Qaeda to supply the same on Suicide Bombers, IED's in populated and crowded areas as well as the reprisals taken against civilian populations thought to have collaborated or been sympathetic to Western Forces?

Wrabbit as we have seen in Libya and Syria...the taliban and alCIAduh are western forces
(darn can we get a winking smiley please)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

So....killing innocents is wrong, but you don't care? Good to know.

Wednesday's NYT had "Pakistan's Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, a critic of the U.S. Drone Program...", which I thought was pretty hilarious

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

yamammasamonkey

Bunch of bought and paid for money grubbing hypocrites you say ? Are you sure you aren't talking about your own government ?
edit on 12-12-2013 by intrepid because: Offensive quoted material removed.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

I didn't say I don't care about what is happening with the drones. I said I do t give a damn what Pakistan has to say about it. I hate child molesters, but I don't give a damn what Charles Manson has to say about them. Get the picture. Comprehend what you are reading before you reply to someone's comment.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Listen, if what Bush and Cheney did during the phony Iraqi war didn't amount to war crimes and war profiteering then drones certainly don't. The only difference between an attack and a drone strike is with a drone the pilot is not at risk. Maybe the real outrage should be that the US is attacking another country without a declaration of war from congress. Oh sorry, congress has important things to do like investigate a website that didn't work well.

First, a 30 member collation removed war criminal Saddam Hussein who was later hanged by his own people. The drone issue is much more complex than taking out terrorist. The newest B-1 is more of a spying robot than a killing machine and that upsets people more because it's so tightly classified and even America's sorta allies are being spied on(Germany). By the way Angela Merkel is already on Obama's sh*t list and they must laugh their A off at the NSA that Merkel is just now finding out they have been spyed on for the last 6 years-mainly with drones. Remember she made some comment about his birthplace before his first term-stupid move the man has a nasty streak about him.
The president-as commander in chief-can launch attacks on anyone he wants and congress is powerless to stop him. His orders will be carried out without question by the military.

What website are you talking about?
edit on 27-10-2013 by spooky24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

How would you even know about it at all if Pakistan, Amnesty International and these other groups didn't keep on screaming about it? Your statement makes no sense. Who's words do you give a damn about related to the US Drone program? The government?

If Charles Manson tried warning you "This guy here is a child molester!", your response would be "I don't give a damn about what you have to say about this"?

reply to post by spooky24

spooky24
By the way Angela Merkel is already on Obama's sh*t list and they must laugh their A off at the NSA that Merkel is just now finding out they have been spyed on for the last 6 years-mainly with drones.

Are you sure about this? Where did you get it from? Seems quite pointless and expensive to spy on someone with drones- you'd be able to tell where they are, generally, but wouldn't be able to tell at all what they were doing or what they were saying, which is useful for hunting down where someone is hiding and who they're meeting with (i.e. terrorists in remote areas), but otherwise isn't so useful. Spying through internet usage is so much cheaper and more effective (with basically every communication made between agencies and government and people done online), and less detectable.
edit on 27-10-2013 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The capability of these new machines is above and beyond what most can believe. Most of what is known comes from individuals who monitor signal intelligence as the machines are highly classified. Once the Abbottabad raid had been dissected the capability of the monitoring drone was stunning-and downright shocking-that these machines have the abilities they do. The live time video feed was beamed back to the situation room in the East Wing, pretty amazing considering the distance and the absolute pitch black conditions, as all power for miles had been cut. How they managed to hover or stay in geosynchronous orbit for the live feed is beyond even James Bond. In the same orbit or hover they can intercept signal communication, block it, then respond with a false message to pull their quarry in target to blow them to pieces with ordnance that no one has any idea how it works.

This ability presents a wealth of possibilities for spying on-sorta allies like Germany as you never know if your cell phone is coming by invisible drone or your friend on the other side.

Funny thing all the downright discrimination President Obama got in Europe-being a black man they just never trusted him-and had no idea how vengeance would be his response.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
If targeted drone strikes against legitimate terrorist targets that occasionally incur 'collateral damage' are to be deemed war crimes, Jihadist terrorism deliberately targeting civilians must surely be considered the most abject form other said contravention of the rules of war.

As such, all's fair in love and war crimes.

NB:
Islam does not adhere to non Islamic law; civil or wartime. So, anything and everything can be a "war crime" to a moselm terrorist, and everything and anything is perfectly acceptable, as far as their own means to an end is concerned. www.dictionary.com/hypocrisy

edit on 31-10-2013 by iLemming because: moar

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
400 more women & children added to Obamah's already lengthy kill list of Civilians in the first strikes already?

What will this add up to in say, just another year, then another decade or so?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Hi Boncho,

who cares besides lowly online quasi freedom defenders...??

war crimes are for losers...big time L.

I'm not sure I wanna read or hear anything about that anymore. It only makes me sad a human being.

You can get your hands full of people who support the use of drones and "supports the troops", and the raging war machine here on ATS.

This is who we are people.

I'm too much of a hippie pussy to blow you all to kingdom come.

Not you B.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join