It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Website Woes and the Privatized Rollout of Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

GEmersonBiggins

FyreByrd
The Obama team outsourced Healthcare.gov to big corporations that rang up large bills without delivering what they promised.

I work for one of these corporations. Sure, we can be blamed for the problems. I can tell you that everyone I know building Obamacare software (in the private sector) is busting their humps trying to get the job done. What's preventing us from getting things done is the federal government and their uncanny ability to screw up EVERYTHING they touch. Trust me, the private sector and big corporations know how to build software systems. Yes, there are some states dragging their heels. However, almost everything I've seen go wrong thus far can be attributed to the idiocracy in Washington.

Thank you. I don't know much about software development.

What is the government doing to Screw up the work on completing this project. My understanding, is that much of the problem was caused because they had to go live without a module to search the site without signing up but as to the cause of that I cannot say.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Yes he did, but he was fund of the big three, so most of the biggest contracts went to them, under Obama he is all for small minority business so while it may look like he favor them they are actually subcontracted to the big three.

The difference is in the salaries pay to the people that they hired, under Bush and the big three salaries were high up, under Obama minority contracts salaries has been cut.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

I wanted to add a little new information to this thread from:

www.truth-out.org...

Healthcare.gov Debacle: Spare Some Blame for Bush and Clinton

It's about the effeciency and reliablity of outsourcing and/or privatizing public services and duties.

If the problem-plagued rollout of healthcare.gov is any indication, 25 years of bipartisan efforts to downsize the federal government and turn a broad swath of what was the public sector over to private contractors haven’t yielded the awesome efficiencies the “reinventing government” crowd promised us. What a shocker.

Our never-ending debates about the size of government have always been rather silly when you consider that in the end, quality is always more important than quantity. Good governance is so much more important than some arbitrary, ideologically informed notion of the government being too big or too small.

And the belief — common among conservatives — that the size of government is growing at a breakneck pace is almost laughable. In 2012, there were 355,000 fewer civilian workers in the federal government than there were in Ronald Reagan’s final year in office (and 800,000 fewer total personnel when you include the uniformed military). That’s despite 25 years of economic growth and the addition of several new programs.

And I might add - millions more people in the country.

And here’s the kicker: According to a 1999 study of defense contracting by the Project on Government Oversight (PoGo), even as we were outsourcing a ton of work to the private sector, the agencies that had been “successful at reining in industry fraud” were those hit hardest by the cuts, including a 19 percent cut in staff at the Defense Contract Audit Agency, which had saved “almost $10 for each dollar invested,” and a 21 percent cut in the Department of Defense Inspector General’s office.

Yep - outsourcing and privatizing - really good for the wealthy and bad for you and me.

<< 1   >>

join