It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Annonymous Shopping Feature That Gives Prices Disabled / Site Crashed Days Before Live

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
So what were they trying to hide? The site was originally capable of giving prices without registration. This was admitted to by CGI, which is the company that built the healthcare.gov website. What they couldn't answer for, was the reason why, or who opted to disable this easy shopping feature. I think this is a valid concern and does need investigated.

The House’s top investigators want to know if the Obama administration made a political decision to get rid of an online tool that would have allowed uninsured Americans to comparison-shop among private health plans on the federal Obamacare website before registering for an account.

They cited committee briefings with CGI Federal — the lead contractor on HealthCare.gov, which channels Obamacare traffic from three dozen states — as the catalyst for their suspicions.

“Although CGI officials were not able to identify who within the administration made the decision to disable the anonymous shopping feature, evidence is mounting that political considerations motivated the decision,” Mr. Issa and four other committee Republicans said in their letter to U.S. Chief Information Officer Steve VanRoekel and Chief Technology Officer Todd Park.

“Many IT experts have suggested that the decision to disable the anonymous shopping feature contributed to the failure of healthcare.gov on October 1, 2013, and in the weeks that have followed,” the lawmakers said in their letter.

Did Obamacare Site Hide Prices?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

On a side note, there is just so much info coming out about the Obamacare website. Did anyone here know that the site was tested just days prior to implementation and crashed with just a few hundred users? SHOCKING!!! So why was it allowed to proceed? I read about this on CNN, but it was originally posted at The Washington Post.

According to the Washington Post, just days before the scheduled launch the Obamacare website would crash with only "a few hundred people" on it. "It crashed after a simulation in which just a few hundred people tried to log on simultaneously." Nevertheless, the site launched.

Days Before Launch, Obamacare Site Crashed with 'Few Hundred People' Using It
edit on 22-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

The answer is very easy.

If people can get a quote, without having to sign up, then the public would know nobody wants it after seeing their $$$$$ per month premiums.

If they have to sign up before getting a quote, the White House can then say " see, we already had millions sign up" even though millions only wanted a quote.

If geico or progressive did it this way, they would be able to tell their share holders they had millions of folks sign up every day........wait, that is illegal for a private business to overinflate their figures for the sake of lying to their share holders, good thing Obama is above the law then huh?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Well, I heard they put the anonymous quotes back in...and sure enough, I went there today to see if it were true.

You can get prices before you apply.
But, the prices are vastly cheaper than you would be paying...unless you were 27 or 50.
See, you get two options: one is under 45, the other is over 50.
So, I check the price of a policy I KNOW the true value of....it was nowhere near what I must pay.
What most may not know, is that your premium goes up each and EVERY year for you...sometimes as much as 40$ per month.
Sticker shock is still gonna happen

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

DontTreadOnMe
Well, I heard they put the anonymous quotes back in...and sure enough, I went there today to see if it were true.

You can get prices before you apply.
But, the prices are vastly cheaper than you would be paying...unless you were 27 or 50.
See, you get two options: one is under 45, the other is over 50.
So, I check the price of a policy I KNOW the true value of....it was nowhere near what I must pay.
What most may not know, is that your premium goes up each and EVERY year for you...sometimes as much as 40$ per month.
Sticker shock is still gonna happen

I guess they put it back to get the site working faster? Although you are right, it should have more choices available. Now if they are quoted lower and then get a bill for a higher price? Yowza! Then again maybe a gradual sticker shock is best. Otherwise they may become ill before their Obamacare takes affect.

Yeah the rates are based on age. And did you know that the penalty will still more than likely go up yearly once the max is hit in 2016? You see it has built in inflation adjustments in the law! Could you imagine what would happen to our federal taxes if the percentage rate increased yearly?

If me and my husband didn't have insurance we would have to pay over $18,000.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Hot dang there is a privacy breech and Navigator personal data is being exposed. Plus we can now also see the private database with all the rates! Go to Healthcare.gov database

But I wanted to point out that my rate is showing to be less than half of what it would really be, and I wasn't given any age option. Plus the smoker option adds on about $300 a month for me and my husband, and I don't see this listed.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Darn this double posting... Is it this site or my mouse?
edit on 23-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join