It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Those Bugle Boy Jeans You're Wearing? No. They're Necropants...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I came across this interesting tidbit a little while ago and am not quite sure where to put it. I read it with my mouth hanging wide open enough for woodland creatures to crawl in I think. It is however interesting and something I wasn't aware of so I figured I would share it here with you all.

I was going to post the picture but it may violate the T&C's here so be advised before you click the link. Viewer discretion is advised.

I give to you "Necropants"....

disinfo.com...

The Museum of Icelandic Sorcery & Witchcraft houses the only known intact pair of necropants, a beyond-disturbing item popularly used for purposes of traditional magic in seventeenth century Iceland. To make your own (and thus reap good fortune), strike a deal with a friend than whoever dies first will allow the other wear the lower half of their corpse as a pair of pants, day and night:

If you want to make your own necropants (literally; nábrók) you have to get permission from a living man to use his skin after his death.

After he has been buried you must dig up his body and flay the skin of the corpse in one piece from the waist down. As soon as you step into the pants they will stick to your own skin.

A coin must be stolen from a poor widow and placed in the scrotum along with the magical sign, nábrókarstafur, written on a piece of paper. Consequently the coin will draw money into the scrotum so it will never be empty, as long as the original coin is not removed.

To ensure salvation the owner has to convince someone else to overtake the pants and step into each leg as soon as he gets out of it. The necropants will thus keep the money-gathering nature for generations.

I am not really sure what I can say about this except Ewww?!

Just wow...
edit on 10/22/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hi Kangaruex4Ewe,
How utterly creepy! And that is for salvation...and money?
Wow....
Stealing from a poor widow? Digging up a dead body? Wearing their skin?
If that's what you have to do for salvation and prosperity...then count me out!
I'd rather be poor in my faded Levis, lol.
jacygirl

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Nah, to much trouble.
I'll just stick with my Levi's, thank you very much

That is seriously twisted....

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

How long would unpreserved flesh last before rotting into a disgusting weeping soup? Hours?

What about the fungal and parasite infections this would lead to?

This is the problem with most 'magical' ideas. They are really illogical and stupid if you apply a little thought.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

That's pretty cool.

Did you know there is a company in the UK that sells human leather items such as belts, wallets, etc... They are quite expensive though. Something like $7,000 for a wallet.

Of course it would be more practical to just make your own out of hooker parts or hobos.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Really, kids are wearing "onesies" these days, it wouldn't surprise me if these made a come back.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
People used to believe in this stuff. They used to do it, fully expecting it to work. Wow. Just wow.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I think there are some more tried and true methods for making money, like, oh, getting a job?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Well the dead part where you ware there skin is apart of an agreement you make with a friend, its like; "Hey dude.. Um if either of us die the other can use the others skin as pants..?" "of course."

But the steeling from a poor widow, is cruel

but both are twisted.

Anyway over al I wouldn't do it because I don't think I would be capable of that.

But to each there own. If someone agrees. Then why not? Hey maybe you can pay her back 100 fold for the contribution she made? she did give you that first loan
. it is after all 'never ending'
edit on 22-10-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Those aren't Jordache™ they are the new Buffalo Bill Line.. They flew off the shelf at the Paris Fall show. "It puts the lotion on..." Seeing it is only the male that gets "worn" what happens to the uh...er... organ? Now, instead of using the ol' "Its stubby because its cold or swimmer weinie" You can say "It's dead".

There are some cultural norms that really should stay in said culture, that doesn't travel too well... SEGUE:
Perhaps there can be a male version on "Traveling Pants of the Sisterhood"? "Traveling Pants of the Dead Guy" You think we can get Pacino?

2 words: Yuck! |'ll try and find a green goblin from the right side to best describe the feeling

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

watchitburn

Of course it would be more practical to just make your own out of hooker parts or hobos.

You just have to wonder who is behind the keyboard when you are online.Anyone could be that person you dont want to be the last person you ever see. lol

The salvation portion is because you are doing some serious high magick. This type of magick and most others invite entities that leave you very unclean. In this case you have to pass it onto someone else.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

watchitburn

That's pretty cool.
Did you know there is a company in the UK that sells human leather items such as belts, wallets, etc... They are quite expensive though. Something like $7,000 for a wallet.

It's posts like that keep me coming back to ATS.

No, really, you're terrible. Just horrible. I am not one of the people that starred that comment. No way. I deny it.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

chr0naut

How long would unpreserved flesh last before rotting into a disgusting weeping soup? Hours?

This is the problem with most 'magical' ideas. They are really illogical and stupid if you apply a little thought.

I'm sure they were treated and dried much like a modern leather jacket, so they would last years. Afterall, they are in a museum. Highly doubtful they were peeled from someone's bum yesterday. Still gross

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

chr0naut

and posts like the above show that little to no thought and a boatload of assumptions was applied before posting.
this is the problem with materialistic thinking in general : if it can't be fit into ones little classificatory box [paradigm], it's woo.

this kind of magic is of very ancient origin, probably paleolithic

thus, applying a little thought will tell anyone that some benefit must be obtained/conferred, else the practice would have been abandoned long ago, as magical thinking comes with a very high dose of PRAGMATISM.

without getting into any details as to how this sort of nasty trick works, as much is left unsaid and it is assumed the practitioner has all the "keys", if you can get yourself to follow even the obviously incomplete instructions the article provides [without completely losing your $h!t psyche-wise, as hallucinogenics often are used in these rituals ],
THEN YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING.

I've taken the trouble to deny your ignorance in this regard, as it proceeds from a paradigmatic bias
and not from the "religious bigotry" denounced in my sig,
whether it falls on deaf ears and a closed mind is up to you.

as a smart fellow like you should know that all magical recipes are "written in code" [e.g. baby's blood= strawberry jam in some witches grimoires]
none of these spells/rituals make sense/work for non magical thinkers because they lack the "keys"

edit on 22-10-2013 by Metaphysique because: added edit & comment

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Wonder if they're scratchy and stiff??

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I prefer my modified ToughSkins for bigboys 32-38 waist.

Iknockya the fk out..come closer.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

snarky412

Wonder if they're scratchy and stiff??

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth...
I hope not. Eek!

ETA... I thought your post said "scratch and sniff". LMAO I guess my sentiment is still the same. :p

reply to post by LewisStulePhD

Ha! Brotherhood of the Traveling Pants... Nice.

watchitburn

That's pretty cool.

I think you can get them here too at Hot Topic or Spencers.

jacygirl
Hi Kangaruex4Ewe,
How utterly creepy! And that is for salvation...and money?
Wow....
Stealing from a poor widow? Digging up a dead body? Wearing their skin?
If that's what you have to do for salvation and prosperity...then count me out!
I'd rather be poor in my faded Levis, lol.
jacygirl

Yeah... the price is a little high for me to jacygirl. I'll stick to anything that's not the brainchild of someone like Ed Geign. Ick.
edit on 10/22/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Well at least now we know where the Koch Brothers got all there money!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Okay, you get the thank you for the night on most odd and just ... umm.. ewww! Something had to... lol

I am definitely taking this story into Anthro tomorrow. It's perfect for the example of cultural ..eccentricities? I'm not sure how else to word that. Nothing else quite ..covers it. err... Yeah.

Wow. Different strokes for different folks, and that's a fact!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Okay, you get the thank you for the night on most odd and just ... umm.. ewww! Something had to... lol

I am definitely taking this story into Anthro tomorrow. It's perfect for the example of cultural ..eccentricities? I'm not sure how else to word that. Nothing else quite ..covers it. err... Yeah.

Wow. Different strokes for different folks, and that's a fact!

Thanks Wrabbit.
I knew it wouldn't be for everybody, but I always like hearing about odd unknown things so I shared it anyway. I am glad to see right many did in fact find it interesting.
I hope you get some mileage out of it tomorrow.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join