It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal judge suddenly green-lights lawsuit that could stop Obamacare in its tracks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Federal judge suddenly green-lights lawsuit that could stop Obamacare in its tracks

The case is about whether or not the Federal government can legally enforce certain provisions of the PPACA (aka ObamaCare) in States that have chosen (by law) not to participate in some parts of the law.

Things like not setting up State insurance exchanges and not expanding MediCaid for example. 36 States have apparently decided to limit the participation, and 16 are fully *indoctrinated*.

So the questions are about subsidies and tax penalties I think ?

Very confusing again

Small-business plaintiffs say the government is treating all 50 states the same even though Congress allowed them to opt out – and 36 did

The IRS is granting insurance subsidies to taxpayers in the 'refusenik' states, even though the text of the Obamacare law doesn't allow it

A federal judge denied the government's motion to dismiss the case on Tuesday

He also refused, however, to issue an injunction barring the Obama administration from implementing the law while the case moves forward

A federal judge on Tuesday refused to dismiss a case that could fatally cripple the Obamacare health insurance law.

The Affordable Care Act forbids the federal government from enforcing the law in any state that opted out of setting up its own health care exchange, according to a group of small businesses whose lawsuit got a key hearing Monday in federal court.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
"Now thats what I call a close encounter"-Will Smith - Independence Day

Obamacare= Alien
For the slow ones out there. =)

Where is the Alien Smiley faces anyways? That would own this site btw.

Anyways- Yes- We will see how lawful alot of this is.

If you opt out- You opt out. Nobody can force you to do anything.

But they have bigger lawyers, so I dont know?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

And it smells like birtherism...

We shall see a long unending string of convoluted Ops explaining how the courts are on the verge of...

One part exploiting ignorance of the law..

One part feeding the hatred of all things Obama...

All you need to do is just BELIEVE harder...

Maybe Orly Taitz and Sheriff Joe will start raising money for this effort? Or is that scam all locked up with Ted Cruz?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
"You can't go forcing something if it's just not right" - Green Day

Thirty-six states chose not to set up their exchanges, a move that effectively froze Washington, D.C. out of the authority to pay subsidies and other pot-sweeteners to convince citizens in those states to buy medical insurance.

Convince?

I thought a good product sells itself.

Oh, and to the poster above...It only started to smell after you walked in the door.

edit on 22-10-2013 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This link has all the paperwork....

Halbig v. Sebelius - COURT FILINGS

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

That's all you have?
Equating this lawsuit with 'birtherism'?
Nice.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Who's the spare 2? I would imagine the District of Columbia is one? What's the other? Puerto Rico maybe?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Nice catch, and I too would love to see what quiet sanctions are planned for the non-compliant states.
And I know it's a little O.T. but 36 plus 16 give us 52 states. Does that infer the [Barry's View] of US have two abstains?
I am kind of confused like the imbedded... but no expletivies.

Just the same, it's evidently lopsided against implementation of this thing: and for the record I'm not going to choose until the personal relocation's completed and read the monster.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Common Good
"Now thats what I call a close encounter"-Will Smith - Independence Day

Obamacare= Alien
For the slow ones out there. =)

Where is the Alien Smiley faces anyways? That would own this site btw.

Anyways- Yes- We will see how lawful alot of this is.

If you opt out- You opt out. Nobody can force you to do anything.

But they have bigger lawyers, so I dont know?

Most unfortunately, the last words of The Pledge should be realistically reworded to "..and justice for all richer."

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I heard on the way home a news broadcast that the rates would increase in 45 out of 50 states.

For men the rate increase would be 99% and for women it would be 62%... If those numbers are correct ( I had previously heard approx. 41%) then this early stage of complaining is nothing compared to next year..

An people trust the government to ruin err run their lives? They can not even build a web sight at 600 million $ (should have been less than 1 million to accomplish) but hey it is a government project.. Where is that $600 dollar hammer or the $800 dollar toilet seat...both sound like a better deal to me... There should be people fired due to lack of oversight..

www.intellectualtakeout.org...

"The CBO does not provide formal budget analysis beyond the 10-year window, pointing out that any calculation made beyond 2020, 'reflects the even greater degree of uncertainty' regarding those years. ... However, since program costs will be on an upward trajectory through 2019 (see Figure 9), it expects the cost of the program to continue to grow rapidly after 2019.

Moreover, as Figure 9 makes clear, most of the spending under this legislation doesn’t take effect until 2014. So the '10-year' cost projection includes only 6 years of the bill. However, as Figure 9 shows, if we look at the legislation more honestly over the first 10 years that the programs are actually in existence, say from 2014 to 2024, it would actually cost nearly $2 trillion.

CBO officially scored the bill as reducing the budget deficit by $138 billion over 10 years. Putting that in perspective, if true, it would amount to roughly 62 percent of the total deficit that the federal government incurred in February of 2010 alone. ..."

www.intellectualtakeout.org... tion

As Figure 10 shows, adding the cost of the doc-fix, discretionary costs, and other costs that were not originally included in CBO’s score to the legislation brings the total cost over 10 years of actual operation to over $2.7 trillion."

Of course those numbers are based on a projected number of people who sign up/// Government projected numbers do not have a very good track record of being accurate IMO. Humm cost over runs come to mind..

edit on 22-10-2013 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

BobM88

Who's the spare 2? I would imagine the District of Columbia is one? What's the other? Puerto Rico maybe?

You beat me to it, but just the same: ghost thumb up.
"Vote early: and vote often." Richard J. Daly, 1963

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

BobM88

I wondered that myself when I read the story.

It seems the article has been updated and that paragraph isn't there now !!

It was referring to the U.S. Territories like Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Samoa, Guam, Northern Marianas.

Something about a problem with exemptions and insurance companies there.

The "16" may have been a misprint.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
And then we get the single payer (slayer)! and then we get the death panels (The IRS) and then they light off all those bright shiny new ovens at the DHS camps and we're off to the races! Yes, funny how history always gives us a "final solution". This has to be right, we're dealing with Barrack Ebola here, no the sharpest blood-letting blade in the box !

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

What do you think of this little gem?

Health Reform Could Greatly Reduce Racial and Ethnic Differentials in Insurance Coverage

I didn't want to drop this here for it is slightly off topic but, I like your threads.

Racial and ethnic differentials in uninsurance rates could be greatly reduced under the Affordable Care Act, potentially cutting the black-white differential by more than half and the Hispanic-white differential by just under one-quarter. Improving coverage for these populations will depend on states adopting policies that promote high enrollment in Medicaid/CHIP and new insurance exchanges.

After reading this, I wouldn't mind taking a peek at the demographic and ethnicity of Obamanites who signed up.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
bla bla bla,.
the threats about oblama have been here since his first election
yet not followthrough...
Show me results of conviction.. and i will believe

new topics

top topics

join