It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cellphones can cause cancer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
So i assume blue tooth headsets, walkie talkies, wireless headphones of any kind are all cancer giving technologies too? a dangerous frequency is ALWAYS DANGEROUS?!

The power is low and the EM frequencies cant penetrate materials well at all.

Think about the EM spectrum in terms of its wave length and penetration power. Radio waves are LONG and cant penetrate matter very well at all, move to microwave and the waves are far far smaller and can thus penetrate matter more deeply but still not all that well (think about how long it takes to defrost food or warm a mug of tea). Go smaller still to the x-ray and gamma wavelengths you are talking about wave lengths so small they get between matter and penetrate very well.

That is not actually how it works, but that IS how the EM frequencies of varying length penetrate. Then you have the ionizing aspect coming into play, the frequencies excite the molecules and atoms causing heat and mutations take your house hold microwave (that you dont own presumably), these are designed to excite water molecules at 33 electron volts which IS around wifi frequencies range, but the power is FAR greater and also contained rather than broadcast via an antenna.

Now if you are with me so far, you may say "so there is a chance" and yes there is, that cell phones and wifi could cause damage, but if you have been outside in the sunshine even for a short time, that radiation you absorb is multitudes greater than that of wifi or cell phone power and the sun rays, minus what is filtered by the atmosphere contains - well whatever the sun fancies throwing down at any given point.

Ergo - in the extremely unlikely event that you have a susceptible mass in the side of your head and you push your mobile phone antenna into your ear, you arnt likely to aggravate it what so ever. The sun (and any cosmic rays for that matter) will be doing all the hard work!
edit on 24-10-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Now if you are with me so far, you may say "so there is a chance" and yes there is, that cell phones and wifi could cause damage, but if you have been outside in the sunshine even for a short time, that radiation you absorb is multitudes greater than that of wifi or cell phone power and the sun rays, minus what is filtered by the atmosphere contains - well whatever the sun fancies throwing down at any given point.

I know this is a difficult issue to talk about because we all have our thoughts about this.. I don't have the evidence that what's been said in the video from RT is in fact true? But when insurance companies are going to reject treatment if you got cancer in your head saying that it comes from cellphones well do we then not have a serious issue here?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join