It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taiwanese soldiers wearing ballistic masks look like ‘the cavalry from hell’

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Hate to tell you guys, these have been used by police in the US since I dunno when. I have seen them, its not common practice or anything, but im surprised no one remembers in the opening sequence of "COPS" while the bad boys theme was blaring during the late 90's, there's a scene of an officer wearing one of these whilst protecting and serving the hell out of someone.

Also, yes, I lived in a "poverty stricken" neighborhood in California for 12 years or so and I've seen police carry out what I'd call a "sketchy" raid if not a robbery while wearing ski masks. Normal raids in the area have tons of cops and usually blocked streets and helicopters. I witnessed 2 vans with maybe 10 officers all in ski masks with police vests kick in someones door and remove large amounts of drugs and what im assuming was money and they didn't stick around long. They even drove by me slowly and gave me the ol' finger pistol as they left! I was white and lived in a black/Mexican neighborhood, and was more scared of cops than I was of anyone.
edit on 25-11-2013 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I wonder what they look like after hours of vigorous action in the field and breathing into a solid barrier? Obviously air would come from around the sides and edges. There are probably channels to help that on the inside.... (Anyone go hunting specs on these?) Still.. people have issues in open air sometimes. The armor is worthless if people are tearing it off to breathe.

Nothing like wearing MOPP4 all the livelong day.

I bet the guy that came up with this was not the sort to have to use it.

eta: I still think a division of armored bear cavalry would make mincemeat of these guys. Crunchy on the outside, meaty on the inside.

Yeah, you're pretty much #.
edit on 25-11-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Yes they are ballistic facemasks, I recall them first being mentioned while used during the swat olympics.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
EA Games - Army of Two is going to be pissed, lol.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Peripheral vision sucks the rattling when running or moving through bushes will screw with your hearing and scouts would throw an item like that asside,not in MY Cav.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

thisguyrighthere
Reminds me of these idiots from Bolivia:

The UTARC.

Disbanded after drawing down on reporters filming them botching an arrest.

The "ballistic mask" is like a moron badge.

That is one large index finger!!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by Bassago

Actually, I can see why they'd wear them, but it's not very functional. Seems like it would cut your peripheral vision by quite a bit.

Any resident Army folk wanna chime in?

~Tenth

They appear to have wide eye cuts, out to the side. And yea these will cut down on a fair degree of face injury and death, as to make them useful.

Looks like they need to tapper the eye slots out and around a bit. Peripheral is just to important.
edit on 18-12-2013 by Logarock because: n

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join