It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis describes ‘ideological Christians’ as a ‘serious illness’ within the Church

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Get out of the churches. Empower yourself. Beware of the Jesuit.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

This pope seems like a good guy. The catholic establishment is definitely corrupt. If you really want to learn more about this pope, read about the history of jesuits. This is the first jesuit pope, and jesuits have a 5th column approach to everything they do. Read up on the 5th Column. He got elected because he DID keep his true ambitions and nature secret. This man is dangerous, and if it's only because he's a jesuit, I'll be shocked.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Same here, I am not a Christian in any sense of the word and proud of that actually. I have my own personal reasons for that and in keeping with the ATS forum rules which seem to apply to me a lot here lately I'll leave my views there in private.
However, I do like this new Pope (as a person). There is something about him that captured my attention. He seems very genuine and real with his thoughts and actions. As for the subject of your post I think he is spot on!
edit on 23-10-2013 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Thanks. Wasn't aware of Stern's translation. Is it available on Kindle?

Folks who only read things that flatter their bad-faith generated biases are . . . risking everything on faulty info.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JackSparrow17

Jack Sparrow, you might be right. But I definitively smell this is just too good to be true.

A true christian keeps his faith almost a secret. No need for popes anyway.... food for thoughts...

Peace

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

He's right.

History has shown that any good Christian revival movement, like the Oxford Group movement as but one example, at the moment that it takes a political or ideological position - implodes.

American Christian "conservative" "Bible believing" evangelicals - take note. You are not serving or forwarding the cause of Jesus Christ who's only commandment is to love one another as he loves.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

JackSparrow17
reply to post by swanne

This pope seems like a good guy. The catholic establishment is definitely corrupt. If you really want to learn more about this pope, read about the history of jesuits. This is the first jesuit pope, and jesuits have a 5th column approach to everything they do. Read up on the 5th Column. He got elected because he DID keep his true ambitions and nature secret. This man is dangerous, and if it's only because he's a jesuit, I'll be shocked.

What do you know of him leading up to the process, or the process itself to say he kept it secret. There was no secret that he is a Jesuit. I know in conspiracy circles that's a bad name, but I'm not sure the things he is saying right now have ever been secret's on his part. We've known that he stands in contrast to the more conservative interpretations of the past.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

CaticusMaximus

"The ramblings of the modern day Pharisees...."

"and theyll be the first ones to demand his second crucifixion too)".

wow ! you really have no idea what that book says do you?
edit on 31201323133174 by toddy3174 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well if the pope is professing to be the highest priest in the catholic christian church wouldn't it be a concern that he's not following the christian bible's framework?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

mahatche

JackSparrow17
reply to post by swanne

What do you know of him leading up to the process, or the process itself to say he kept it secret. There was no secret that he is a Jesuit. I know in conspiracy circles that's a bad name, but I'm not sure the things he is saying right now have ever been secret's on his part. We've known that he stands in contrast to the more conservative interpretations of the past.

This has made me have a thought, after the recent paedophile scandals, maybe this could be just a re-branding exercise to put the scandals behind them.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
define an ideological christian!!!

what does that even mean!!!!

shouldnt all christians be idealogical?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

mahatche

JackSparrow17
reply to post by swanne

i think he means the fact that all jesuits must swear a masonic type oath to destroy protestantism (which is why they were formed)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

OneManArmy
This has made me have a thought, after the recent paedophile scandals, maybe this could be just a re-branding exercise to put the scandals behind them.

Duh! The Vatican is facing extinction. Francis is attempting a controlled demolition of the "old vatican" but keep control at the same time. And he's very good at it.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

swanne

OneManArmy

Duh! The Vatican is facing extinction.

Facing extinction?

You do know that the number of Roman Catholics has gone from 650 million in the 1970s to over 1.2 billion today, right? A church that has doubled in size over the last 40 years is hardly "facing extinction," wishful thinking not withstanding.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

adjensen
You do know that the number of Roman Catholics has gone from 650 million in the 1970s to over 1.2 billion today, right? A church that has doubled in size over the last 40 years is hardly "facing extinction," wishful thinking not withstanding.

You (or your source) is mixing christians with catholics. I have many christian friends, and all of them rejects the Vatican's authority.

More and more people are going atheist and/or reject the Vatican. This was maybe caused by all the scandals with the system.

edit on 23-10-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
By "ideological Christians", the Pope is taking a stab at the conservative, traditional, Latin Rite Catholics such as the SSPX (Society of St. Pius X).

Traditional Catholics celebrate the Mass in the old Latin Rite, which was pretty much eradicated after the hippie 1960's Vatican II changes that allowed the Mass to be said in secular language. This NEW Mass is called the NOVUS ORDO Mass. Vatican II resulted in major changes in the liturgy which traditional Catholics abhor.

Papa Francis' favorite author? One of the architects of Vatican II. Go figure. He's a modernist, New World Order Pope, and he is no fan of traditionalist Catholicism.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

swanne

adjensen

You (or your source) is mixing christians with catholics. I have many christian friends, and all of them rejects the Vatican's authority.

What do your friends have to do with it?

No, I'm not mixing Christians with Catholics -- there are over a billion Roman Catholics as of 2013.

Over the past century, the number of Catholics around the globe has more than tripled, from an estimated 291 million in 1910 to nearly 1.1 billion as of 2010, according to a comprehensive demographic study by the Pew Research Center. (Source)

Beyond the 1.2 billion Catholics, there are an additional one billion Protestants -- over two billion Christians.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by BubbaJoe

Jesus did those things because he chose to do them, and he wanted you and I to choose to do them of our own free will. Modern leftists (liberals) want to use the government to force these things to be done by taking my resources thus robbing me of the means to choose to do these things because I have less and less of my resources left. I don't recall anywhere in scripture where Jesus said, "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's so that he can feed the poor, heal the sick, and take care of everyone in a my name. Amen." Rather, I seem to recall him telling us that we should do these things ourselves.

Very nice platitudes, however you and I both know, this doesn't work in real life. Catholic charities, with all of there faults, probably comes the closest to what Jesus truly preached. Protestant churches, from my observations, would rather see their pastors in 1000 dollar suits, and wearing rolex's.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by benrl

How many Christians would if the government would get out of our way? Do you realize how much red tape is involved in any adoption or foster situation? It's just easier to have your own and that's sad.

As to the pope, I'm wary. Some things he says sound good and other things set off my alarm bells. There's plenty to be said about being loving and welcoming. There are too many who have lost the love in faith. At the same time, a loving friend/parent also chastises/criticizes where appropriate because they love. When I say that, I'm not talking about telling people they either follow the way or go to Hell. That's judgment and only God does that, but I am talking about not shying away from speaking about sin. It's not inappropriate to call people on that or make judgments about it so long as you keep it clear in your own head that you do it, too. We all do, and we should all help each other stay humble before God, and maybe we'll arrive together.

But since I'm no Catholic, he's not my problem.

How many church orphanages or church arranged adoptions have the children been abused in, you do realize some of the red tape is for the protection of the children. You may be a perfectly nice person, however, others that believe as you do, are not.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

UnifiedSerenity
reply to post by BubbaJoe

You know it's very funny you ask me about if I have read the original translations. I have studied the bible in it's original language for over 25 years. I prefer KJV, but find many find it's wording stiff. I study via KJV using a Strong's concordance, JP Green's interlinear lexicon of Hebrew and Greek, and my favorite translation is the Hebrew Bible by Stern as it keeps most things correct, but most can't handle that translation as it keeps it's Hebrew roots. The same passage would read:

Jer 10:1 Hear the word Adonai speaks to you, house of Isra'el!
Jer 10:2 Here is what Adonai says: "Don't learn the way of the Goyim, don't be frightened by astrological signs, even if the Goyim are afraid of them;
Jer 10:3 for the customs of the peoples are nothing. They cut down a tree in the forest; a craftsman works it with his axe;
Jer 10:4 they deck it with silver and gold. They fix it with hammer and nails, so that it won't move.

It's a beautiful translation and I incorporated it into my E-Sword program. I find that English is a poor translation in general because it can be so easily misapplied and if one is not aware of grammar rules they can really misunderstand what it says.

I hope everyone downloads their free program..

My KJV is the Companion Bible with Appendix notes by EW Bullinger.
edit on 22-10-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

I can respect this, while I am agnostic at this point, was raised in the church. Probably read the bible cover to cover for the first time at age 12. It is the other interests in my life that have led to agnosticism, when I realized the bible, no matter what translation, just repeated more ancient traditions from earlier civilizations. I am no scholar, but will accept, that what you are saying is the truth that you believe.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join