It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis describes ‘ideological Christians’ as a ‘serious illness’ within the Church

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Hey, I spent 10 yrs getting the crap kicked out of me almost every day by nuns. And you can deny that the Christians went across Europe and butchered people. Christians lie, history does'nt. Don't preach to me. I know your god hates me, cause he sent is nuns to make me die for HIM. But seriously, get a life. We're on to you if you can't convert it KILL IT. I won't turn the other cheek, but I will remember to walk way from people who tell me Jesus loves me. He doesn't. He REALLY doesn't luv everybody. That would PISS HIS DAD off to no end. And when you piss him off it usually ends up in a concussion or worse !

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

He denied that Jesus is God.

When did Pope Francis say that Jesus wasn't God?

Quote from him, the a mass media interpretation, please.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

adjensen

I already did quote him, sorry you don't like the quote.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

tencap77

Hey, I spent 10 yrs getting the crap kicked out of me almost every day by nuns. And you can deny that the Christians went across Europe and butchered people. Christians lie, history does'nt. Don't preach to me. I know your god hates me, cause he sent is nuns to make me die for HIM. But seriously, get a life. We're on to you if you can't convert it KILL IT. I won't turn the other cheek, but I will remember to walk way from people who tell me Jesus loves me. He doesn't. He REALLY doesn't luv everybody. That would PISS HIS DAD off to no end. And when you piss him off it usually ends up in a concussion or worse !

So, if some group joined your family and started screwing everyone over, we should hate you? Those men were NOT Christians. They were power hungry men using religion to achieve their goals as they served their father Lucifer. Nice try, but you can never say they represented Messiah Yeshua. They consolidated power, ruled kingdoms, and they are trying to do it again.

I am sorry for your treatment. I too was abused by nuns, and I didn't turn to hating Jesus or God because of it.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tencap77

God and Jesus both love you very, very much. God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die for all of our sins, so we may live with them in peace for all eternity.

The people who abused you were not children of the Lord. They were just a few of Satan's many tools he uses to turn people away from the true God. I pray the Holy Spirit touches your heart and leads you to the truth. God bless you.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
lol

All your religions and sorcery is very entertaining to say the very least.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

UnifiedSerenity

adjensen

I already did quote him, sorry you don't like the quote.

This?

“And I believe in God, not in a Catholic God, there is no Catholic God, there is God and I believe in Jesus Christ, his incarnation. Jesus is my teacher and my pastor, but God, the Father, Abba, is the light and the Creator. This is my Being. Do you think we are very far apart?”

You do understand the Doctrine of the Incarnation, right? Francis is not saying that Jesus is not God there, he's saying that he is. I think you're putting a little to much faith in a quote that has some misleading mistranslations in it.

It's ridiculous to think that the Pope would deny the divinity of Christ, a cornerstone of the Roman Catholic church, so maybe you're just misquoting him. If I take out a comma, are you a little happier?

Jesus is my teacher and my pastor, but God the Father, Abba, is the light and the Creator.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

GeisterFahrer
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I am a member of the super religious American right wing. The Pope is not the devil. An example of what he is talking about is the ideology of same sex marriage somehow being condoned by Christianity. Or, that abortion is somehow condoned by Christianity. You might need to understand that some of the far left liberals espouse this clap trap when they claim Jesus is a liberal - hint: they are making Jesus an ideological figure to promulgate their political social agendas.

I am agnostic at this point, but have read your beloved book a few times. Jesus fed the hungry, helped the poor, and cured the sick, pretty much sounds like a liberal to me. I don't see y'all stoning adulterers or most of the other things the old testament calls for, why are you so worried about what goes on in people's bedrooms?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I'm not an RC.

And while I could essentially agree with your quote of the Pope--I could agree with each of those sentences . . .

I'd be more concerned about the resulting THEREFORE WHAT's.

imho,

THAT COULD NOT MEAN

anything goes and still call it "Christian."

Scriptures says that the letter of the law kills but Holy Spirit brings life.

There's still the issue that FOLLOWING JESUS

means doing His will, His ways.

Thanfully, that's to arise out of earnest efforts to obey His Word in fellowship, dialogue with HIm, led of His Spirit--recognizing that in and of ourselves, striving in our own strength will NEVER CUT IT, NEVER be sufficient.

He must . . . at some point . . . give us "the will and the to do" of His good pleasure as the KJV puts it.

It's a dance. We either choose to dance with Him leading, or we don't.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

UnifiedSerenity

tencap77

Thanks for the post!
Where was this guy during the burning times? maybe the Europeans would have been lot less vicious if they weren't spending all that time killing each other over they're Sunday book club ! ! ! !

You know what is so farcical is you actually believe all that happened over religion. It happened to consolidate power, to get rid of true Christians who did not bow to the Roman Empire. The RCC actually used the Muslims they set up to go to war against those they who called themselves Christian but did not obey Rome. The RCC history is all about usurping power from the true disciples, bastardizing worship, changing the commandments of God, and stopping observing the Feasts of the Lord.

My bible clearly says the apostles kept the feasts, Yeshua kept them and the bible tells us to keep them in perpetuity. They changed the sabbath Yeshua was sacrificed on (Passover) to a fertility sun worship pagan day of Easter (bunnies and eggs, sunrise service), and away from the September feasts to Christmas to make Romans happy to observe Christmas / Saturnalia and their sex magick rituals. Heck, the bible even forbids cutting down trees and fixing them to stand and decorating them and yet here we are 2000 years later doing another pagan thing just to consolidate power and NOT obey God. Jesus would Not do these things, and that is my first rule. What would Jesus do?

Jeremiah 10 NIV

1 Hear what the LORD says to you, O house of Israel.

2 This is what the LORD says:
“Do not learn the ways of the nations
or be terrified by signs in the sky,
though the nations are terrified by them.

3 For the customs of the peoples are worthless;
they cut a tree out of the forest,
and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel.

4 They adorn it with silver and gold;
they fasten it with hammer and nails
so it will not totter.

Seriously, you are truly going to dismiss recorded history. The Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, the treatment of Jews, the Witch Hunts of the Middle ages, the Conquistadors, etc, etc. The Christian church does not have an exactly stellar record in treating others with love.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

UnifiedSerenity

tencap77

Thanks for the post!
Where was this guy during the burning times? maybe the Europeans would have been lot less vicious if they weren't spending all that time killing each other over they're Sunday book club ! ! ! !

You know what is so farcical is you actually believe all that happened over religion. It happened to consolidate power, to get rid of true Christians who did not bow to the Roman Empire. The RCC actually used the Muslims they set up to go to war against those they who called themselves Christian but did not obey Rome. The RCC history is all about usurping power from the true disciples, bastardizing worship, changing the commandments of God, and stopping observing the Feasts of the Lord.

My bible clearly says the apostles kept the feasts, Yeshua kept them and the bible tells us to keep them in perpetuity. They changed the sabbath Yeshua was sacrificed on (Passover) to a fertility sun worship pagan day of Easter (bunnies and eggs, sunrise service), and away from the September feasts to Christmas to make Romans happy to observe Christmas / Saturnalia and their sex magick rituals. Heck, the bible even forbids cutting down trees and fixing them to stand and decorating them and yet here we are 2000 years later doing another pagan thing just to consolidate power and NOT obey God. Jesus would Not do these things, and that is my first rule. What would Jesus do?

Jeremiah 10 NIV

1 Hear what the LORD says to you, O house of Israel.

2 This is what the LORD says:
“Do not learn the ways of the nations
or be terrified by signs in the sky,
though the nations are terrified by them.

3 For the customs of the peoples are worthless;
they cut a tree out of the forest,
and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel.

4 They adorn it with silver and gold;
they fasten it with hammer and nails
so it will not totter.

Very interesting that you quote the NIV, only about the 400th translation of the bible. Have you read the bible in its original written form, or just relying on a 20th century translation. Even the Fundamentalists rely on the KJV which is a few hundred years old. Which translation is right? From the teachings I have had in the RCC and two major protestant denominations, Yeshua was never mentioned, only God and Jesus, and some wonder why I am agnostic. Religion has to be one of the most screwed up things in the entire world.

Saw an earlier post that says the RCC doesn't teach that non-catholics are going to hell. Where I live, the Baptist teach that the Methodists are going to hell, and vice-versa, basically everyone that attends a different church than you do is going to hell.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I love him too.

I think his messages are very refreshing and his words come in a time whereas Christianity is falling at the waist side, ya know.. stale.

The Christian Philosophy needs the old dogma out of the teachings and truly bring to light what following Jesus really is.

Jesus never said follow a religion. I wouldn't preach it either... like God really endorses any??

Don't join the church to be saved, join to make others lives better! It's all about the heart and so far the Pope seems to speak from the heart.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

How many Christians would if the government would get out of our way? Do you realize how much red tape is involved in any adoption or foster situation? It's just easier to have your own and that's sad.

As to the pope, I'm wary. Some things he says sound good and other things set off my alarm bells. There's plenty to be said about being loving and welcoming. There are too many who have lost the love in faith. At the same time, a loving friend/parent also chastises/criticizes where appropriate because they love. When I say that, I'm not talking about telling people they either follow the way or go to Hell. That's judgment and only God does that, but I am talking about not shying away from speaking about sin. It's not inappropriate to call people on that or make judgments about it so long as you keep it clear in your own head that you do it, too. We all do, and we should all help each other stay humble before God, and maybe we'll arrive together.

But since I'm no Catholic, he's not my problem.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

Jesus did those things because he chose to do them, and he wanted you and I to choose to do them of our own free will. Modern leftists (liberals) want to use the government to force these things to be done by taking my resources thus robbing me of the means to choose to do these things because I have less and less of my resources left. I don't recall anywhere in scripture where Jesus said, "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's so that he can feed the poor, heal the sick, and take care of everyone in a my name. Amen." Rather, I seem to recall him telling us that we should do these things ourselves.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

You know it's very funny you ask me about if I have read the original translations. I have studied the bible in it's original language for over 25 years. I prefer KJV, but find many find it's wording stiff. I study via KJV using a Strong's concordance, JP Green's interlinear lexicon of Hebrew and Greek, and my favorite translation is the Hebrew Bible by Stern as it keeps most things correct, but most can't handle that translation as it keeps it's Hebrew roots. The same passage would read:

Jer 10:1 Hear the word Adonai speaks to you, house of Isra'el!
Jer 10:2 Here is what Adonai says: "Don't learn the way of the Goyim, don't be frightened by astrological signs, even if the Goyim are afraid of them;
Jer 10:3 for the customs of the peoples are nothing. They cut down a tree in the forest; a craftsman works it with his axe;
Jer 10:4 they deck it with silver and gold. They fix it with hammer and nails, so that it won't move.

It's a beautiful translation and I incorporated it into my E-Sword program. I find that English is a poor translation in general because it can be so easily misapplied and if one is not aware of grammar rules they can really misunderstand what it says.

I hope everyone downloads their free program..

My KJV is the Companion Bible with Appendix notes by EW Bullinger.
edit on 22-10-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by benrl

How many Christians would if the government would get out of our way? Do you realize how much red tape is involved in any adoption or foster situation? It's just easier to have your own and that's sad.

As to the pope, I'm wary. Some things he says sound good and other things set off my alarm bells. There's plenty to be said about being loving and welcoming. There are too many who have lost the love in faith. At the same time, a loving friend/parent also chastises/criticizes where appropriate because they love. When I say that, I'm not talking about telling people they either follow the way or go to Hell. That's judgment and only God does that, but I am talking about not shying away from speaking about sin. It's not inappropriate to call people on that or make judgments about it so long as you keep it clear in your own head that you do it, too. We all do, and we should all help each other stay humble before God, and maybe we'll arrive together.

But since I'm no Catholic, he's not my problem.

And on the day you face your creator, and he ask I was hungry did you feed me...

Is your answer going to be, I would of fed the homeless, I would of Taken care of the widows, I would of cared for the orphans...

Just too much red tape.

Im not catholic, Ask flyersfan on here, Im super critical of the Catholic church, so much so that it may come off as a grudge (its not).

So I give the pope as much credence as anyone that calls on the name of the lord for his salvation, and when I hear the truth I know it.

And the truth is Christians biggest problem, is Fellow Christians.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Sorry I didn't get the point. /shrug Maybe it wasn't meant for me.
Interesting either way.
edit on 23-10-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I cannot express enough how this latest statement of the pope resonates with me, it couldn't have been said better.

This pope is now becoming my personal hero because he is the first one who has the guts to tell the truth, how for many so called "religious people" today the ideology/letter seems more important than the spirit, the TRUE message.

You can read and cite the bible as often as you want, you can even visit church as often as you want and you can finger-point as often as you want because others don't "agree" to "what is written". Your following the IDEOLOGY to the dot means nothing. And this is what Christianity suffers from for ages already!

The funny thing is that he (pope) by criticizing "the rigid ideology" or those who prioritize the ideology over the message he is ALSO criticizing THE CHURCH. Obviously. And this is astonishing since he is the head of this very same church.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Honestly, after some insights today,
I decided that whatever my Christian brothers and sisters choose to support. I will support them.
I dont care anymore.
I love them equally.
I will keep praying that All of Us, If Not, Most of Us can Awaken and Unite, and put asides those views, beliefs, etc.
I dont want us to oppose each other.
We all have a common enemy that is hidden within that enslave us.

peace.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I hope the pope does destroy the catholic church. Maybe they'll set up a Buddhist temple in its place. That's where Jesus got most of his teachings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join