It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Request for Help to Find Published ATS Material

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I logged into my SportzTawk account today and was greeted with a somewhat pleasant surprise...a reporter had quoted a statement I made regarding our illustrious FSU quarterback and published it in an article, providing both my screen name and SportzTawk's URL....great advertisement for the site....makes me look like a lunatic sports fan...but hey...someone's gotta take the punch....hehe

Here's the article
Here's my thread
My screen name there is ChiefOsceola...

Then I got to thinking....SportzTawk represents a fraction of the size of ATS...The material that gets pumped out on this site and read by people all over the world must naturally be of a much larger proportion...The reporter even claims that he found my Chris Rix bashing thread by googling it....Need I say more? ATS and Google are hand-in-hand....

So my question is - How often are we getting published without our knowledge? Do you want to know if your words are being twisted by some journalist? Is someone willing to put together/join a team to find this info? It has to be out there, and surely there are a few people on ATS with the know-how of finding it�Or perhaps one of the Admins has access to this information and could shed some light on this topic�

If my one comment made it to the sports page in a local newspaper, then the next logical question is: Over the course of time which ATS has existed, how often have our/your comments been added or used for support in published articles?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Congrats on the mention! This isn't exactly what you were asking for, but some might find it interesting. As often as I can, I make a minor stab at looking for ATS as mentioned in other online forums & articles. Here a few of the highlights that some of the other staff & I have collected recently.

www.jsonline.com...
Still, the odd price movement earlier this summer struck many as suspicious. "Take a look at what has been going on since about mid-June 2004. Crude has made a steep upward turn, yet months later gas prices are still decreasing," said a posting on one Web site, www.abovetopsecret.com. "Well, there is an election year comming (sic) up."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Is Dugway's expansion an alien concept?
One hunter-oriented Internet site is headed "Dugway Proving Ground � The New Groom Lake?" Located at www.abovetopsecret.com/pages/dugway.html, it displays an overhead view of Dugway facilities. "It is by far the most secretive facility in Utah as well as the most controversial," the caption reads.
Where was the picture taken? One vantage point would be from an aircraft, but airspace above Dugway is restricted. Another possibility is the view was snapped from a nearby mountaintop off base.

Hatching conspiracy theories these days seems a bit like carrying ice to Antarctica, but AboveTopSecret.com offers a simple, well-organized smorgasbord for those in search of a guiding hand behind the headlines, no matter how nefarious that hand might be. Starring UFOs, masters of mind control, and rogue intelligence agencies.
www.usatoday.com...

www.timesonline.co.uk...
...As a result, apparent irregularities are being fanned into giant conspiracies by visitors to websites such as AboveTopSecret.com, BlackBoxVoting.com and ustogether.org to discuss issues such as �Another Stolen Election� and �Ohio Fraud�.

But the link that takes the cake is this Google search. Read through some of those and you will be amazed.

[edit on 16-11-2004 by John bull 1]

[edit on 16-11-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Thanks for posting those Spectre! Those are some incredible finds...Proof that what we say here on ATS is not only heard, but listened to beyond the borders of our community...

I did a simple search and found quite a few...here are some of them:

Record Month for Conspiracies and Cover Ups on AboveTopSecret.com

The Internet's most popular community for the discussion of alternative topics such as cover-ups, conspiracies, aliens, and others has experienced a record-breaking month in April, 2004. The higher standard of content, credibility, and community is the key to the unsurpassed success.

SWINDON, UK (PRWEB) May 1, 2004 -- The Internet's largest and most popular community dedicated to the discussion of conspiracies, cover ups, scandals and other "alternative topics" has achieved a new milestone. The core domain, AboveTopSecret.com, has experienced record-breaking traffic and staggering growth during the month of April, as well as through the previous six months.

Click here for more

I found this site interesting...It's an online university that offers a course on...UFOs?! We are listed as a resource...

4. This site has a blog entry estimated the amount of money gone missing from the budget to accommodate black projects.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

8. Read blog entries by people in the know about advance plasma based Russian planes.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Click here for more

Cool stuff, huh? And I'm sure there's tons more out there...Spectre's google search certainly will take you on quite a ride...It's pretty amazing to see all our opinions and articles written by our own members being used out there

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
That looks familiar
Awesome!

I believe it was that very article which Simon wrote - also synthesized on this ATS page which originally drew me to ATS via a google search - The overall scope as well as the intensity of private research involved in that article, as well as many of the other similar articles found on the top bar at our home page, are all excellent examples of the material that has surely been used by other sources...

new topics

top topics

join