It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for Hidden Knowledge? ... Here's a map.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hey, all. Just noticed that a lot of people seem to here, or are actively seeking 'hidden' knowledge.
Well, the title of this topic was misleading, there is no map. Well, there is, I suppose, a map, of course, a metaphorical one, but I can give at least a metaphorical map to the metaphorical map.

For me, personally, I had been interested in the Occult and esoteric teachings, and theology, and all that stuff for a while, and I had a fascination with Freemasons and other 'secret' societies. Then, as I was browsing a local 'occult' book store, I came across a text-book lookin book that had some just beautiful geometric shapes on it. I didn't really care I didn't understand the book, I didn't really care it was expensive, I bought it anyway.

Well, it turns out that the best way to find 'hidden' knowledge, is to find it out for yourself. Sure, I could tell you right now that the radius of the Earth is 3960 miles (approx) and if the circumference of the moon was perfectly tangential with the Earth it would have a radius of 5040 miles but what does that mean to you? To me, that has some significance, but I took a lot of time to find out why, and to learn something from it. And this is only the case for 'hidden' knowledge in terms of Sacred Geometry. But there are plenty of other avenues of 'hidden' knowledge, one for each personality, one for each person. The knowledge isn't really hidden at all, unless we consider it as hiding in plain sight.

I personally find Sacred Geometry to be like the all encompassing field of knowledge that I wish I had known existed a long, long time ago. It may not seem like a huge deal because it's just shapes on paper, but the possibilities are endless, and even if it IS spiritually bankrupt (and I am positive it's not!) it is at least a very VERY fantastic and fascinating hobby.

I had to make a topic, because I haven't posted in a while. Figured I'd make this one

Cheers,
/_\.G.R.E

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Good thread, thanks!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 3OGRE3

You make an excellent point.
The only way to grow as a human is to "stretch ones muscles",
Whether those "muscles" be physical or mental.

If one just takes in spiritual or religious twaddle from the world and does not run the material through the forge of a loving and unselfish heart, and a sharp and discerning mind...then you are just a slave to someone elses mostly wrong ideas.

For some reason, many people wish to sign over to the first pile of steaming twaddle they come across and which tittilates them. They seek safety in a smothering coccoon of twaddle rather than take responsibility for their own lives.

Any good teacher, spiritual or otherwise, tries to encourage folks to think, truly feel and to stretch. The tidbits a teacher reveals is pure magicians trick, to catch the imagination for a brief moment to let a little light in.

I appreciate your post.

KPB

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 3OGRE3

Sacred geometry is one of the laws that govern life and existence and the universe.
Sacred geometry could be called the language of god.
The em spectrum is the paper on which the language is written.

They are the building blocks of all that is.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 3OGRE3

From the looks you be pushin books amirite?
Dont you know thats like Kryptonite?

Even the Super bows to that cryptic Knight.
Sends em down into the crypt of insight
With a flight of fancy kites
That mights be the seal of sheilds
It Expands like open fields

Built a dream in the night
And they came to the candle light
Thats sleight of sand where you stand
Dont fight if you know whats right man thats the plan.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'm bummed, I really wanted to see a map to an old advanced civilization's library.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

rickymouse
I'm bummed, I really wanted to see a map to an old advanced civilization's library.

TANSTAAFL

I think the ancients took the vogon hyperspatial bypass around us!

KPB

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

rickymouse

Atlas = Map
Symbols explained in Legend

Cartography is Geometry

Op is on the trail to the Grail

X marks the Spot

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

OneManArmy
reply to post by 3OGRE3

Sacred geometry is one of the laws that govern life and existence and the universe.

Onemanarmy came right in and planted plastique with a decision to speak precision.

There is no derision I envision for that small post with the Most!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
reply to post by 3OGRE3

You make an excellent point.
The only way to grow as a human is to "stretch ones muscles",
Whether those "muscles" be physical or mental.

If one just takes in spiritual or religious twaddle from the world and does not run the material through the forge of a loving and unselfish heart, and a sharp and discerning mind...then you are just a slave to someone elses mostly wrong ideas.

For some reason, many people wish to sign over to the first pile of steaming twaddle they come across and which tittilates them. They seek safety in a smothering coccoon of twaddle rather than take responsibility for their own lives.

Any good teacher, spiritual or otherwise, tries to encourage folks to think, truly feel and to stretch. The tidbits a teacher reveals is pure magicians trick, to catch the imagination for a brief moment to let a little light in.

I appreciate your post.

KPB

I'm really glad you appreciate my post, and thank you also, for your input. Like I said... felt bad I haven't posted in a while, and I recognize this post doesn't necessarily 'add' to any persons compendium of knowledge (whether trivial or useful).. but it is something I think people should be aware of. An Awareness Issue you could call it.

muzzleflash
reply to post by 3OGRE3

From the looks you be pushin books amirite?
Dont you know thats like Kryptonite?

Even the Super bows to that cryptic Knight.
Sends em down into the crypt of insight
With a flight of fancy kites
That mights be the seal of sheilds
It Expands like open fields

Built a dream in the night
And they came to the candle light
Thats sleight of sand where you stand
Dont fight if you know whats right man thats the plan.

You know, I was thinking some person would think that I was pushing that book. While I did say I'd provide a map to the map (metaphorically speaking), I think we all need our own person map to the map to the map, so the map to the map I use might not be the same map to the map that you have, and the map to the map that I have might not lead to the same map that I have the map to. The book was really just a shorter way of communicating that, while we all need to train and educate ourselves, the best way to do this is from people who found out, the long, hard way and prevent as much (metaphorical) 'bushwhacking' and follow a trail that's already been laid out... and if it happens that the trail eventually leads to a dead end, well, at least you didn't have to bushwhack all that way to find out! By no means is the trail finished on my end, perhaps some people have witnessed the end of the trail... I wonder what's there?

muzzleflash

rickymouse

Atlas = Map
Symbols explained in Legend

Cartography is Geometry

Op is on the trail to the Grail

X marks the Spot

I'm not sure if you're talking in some sort of symbolic code, but you're absolutely right. Cartography IS Geometry... "Geo" means Earth, "Metry", I am not sure what it means, but I think it refers to system of study. I'm not sure what Atlas has to do with this... I'm on the trail to the Grail? The Holy Grail? I have been working on this Sacred Geometry stuff only for a short while... and am coming short in many of the... logical steps to deduce certain shapes...and certain circle divisions (7 and 28 have thus far completely eluded me and have left me.... in some desperation)... X marks the spot? Well, like I said, I don't know if you're just being 'funny' or seriously symbolic... X is the division of the Square to 4 triangles...allowing you to find the center of the square and thus allowing you to inscribe a circle into and out-to the square (draw circle with sides of square touching 4 points of the circle, and draw circle which touches 4 corners of square).... like I said, I'm left confused with your post. I am not a master of decoding symbols but it is something I am working on as oft as I am wont to do.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

Geometry, whether sacred or not, was devised by man.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

muzzleflash

OneManArmy
reply to post by 3OGRE3

Onemanarmy came right in and planted plastique with a decision to speak precision.

There is no derision I envision for that small post with the Most!!!

Your rhyme scheme hits the theme,
blowing out creativity at full steam
ensuring that you live life like a dream
the precise mice don't take chances on dice
but the lousy trucker would drive on thin ice
so you tell me if you would rather be
dead on arrival or dead to a rival?
tell me do you believe in, love at first sight
or would you rather shoot first
and only later, make it right?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Aphorism

Ah. There's always got to be one. In any case, yes, it's true, the system of study we call "Geometry" was indeed devised by man, but the logic and beauty that the system of study we call "Geometry" was derived from, was not created by man...

Unless, of course, you subscribe to the belief that sunflowers were devised by man, as were snail shells, as were the patterns that show up, time after time in nature were also created by man. I agree, with the poster you quoted, on the basis of, if God did indeed have a language, his language would be universal... like geometry.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Aphorism

Sacred geometry is evident in nature and is suggestive of "gods" designs.
What came first man or nature?

The universe has laws, man didnt create the laws of the universe, we just seek to understand them.
Man didnt devise the golden ratio, god did that. We just got to a stage where we can recognize it and name it.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Aphorism

[

Perhaps geometry was devised by the Creater, and 'discovered' by man?
Ms. Nugget

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Looking for real answers, take all the questions you have including ones to grow more, progress more, and hopefully help more , because without the good intent, you're not phoning home, and ask within, start to seek within. And all the rest you see in the world will become dross.
edit on 22-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

3OGRE3
the radius of the Earth is 3960 miles (approx) and if the circumference of the moon was perfectly tangential with the Earth it would have a radius of 5040 miles but what does that mean to you?

I saw a film documenting different groups of tibetan monks making their way to a big ceremony, in nepal with the dalai lama, the filmakers followed one monk who was doing prostrations for the whole length of his journey from europe I think. At the end of the his journey they asked him what he'd learned, he replied "The Earth is very large, I measured it with my body"

If you are interested in sacred geometry you should check out Cymatics

pic

new topics

top topics

join