It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The legislative branch will be shut down, Congress being flown (evacuated) to FL...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Congress to close down, fly Air Force planes to Florida for funeral of Rep. C.W. Bill Young.

Congress will shut down on Thursday, and leaders have told lawmakers the Defense Department will fly them to Florida for the funeral of Rep. C.W. Bill Young, who died late last week.

Mr. Young was the senior Republican in the chamber, and the move to close down business is a mark of respect for him — though it also means that there will be no floor votes and that many committee meetings have been canceled, cutting short what was already a mostly empty week.

House officials told lawmakers to be ready to leave Washington from Joint Base Andrews early Thursday to make the funeral in Largo, Fla., and then plan to return late in the evening.

So, all of Congress will be flown to FL, allegedly for a funeral...

Am I understanding this correctly?

When is the last time all of Congress was flown anywhere for any reason?

If this is true, I'm calling BS in regards to the reason.

Whats really going on is anyone's guess...

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Are they that good at predicting catostrophic events now that they are having all of congress fly out of Washington when something is going to happen? If something happens that day, it will not be a coincidence.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

After passing a deal to raise the debt ceiling and reopen government, the Senate went on an 11-day vacation.

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

This is what pissed me off...

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

For the sake of their children very many family oriented husband wife teams split planes - same with children.........you, of course know why - right?

REMEMBER THIS- recently - the president of Poland and his wife, along with entire parliamentary legislative body of Poland, died in a plane crash (sabotage?) the point being that the US is very well aware of this incident and chooses to ignore it?

Anyone with even a lick of common sense criticized this as absolute stupidity on the part of Polish officials. Reason for doing so was attributed to it being a money saver prompted by the Russians to the Poles.
edit on 22-10-2013 by XionZap because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Well, I'm certainly glad they got everything funded, so federal agents with guns aren't telling them they can't attend a memorial or service.

Funny how that worked for others recently...but then, we're little people and they write the laws. So, they get to do whatever their whims dictate, whenever the mood strikes them. I must remember my place, I suppose.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Yeah, talk about odd.

A thousand "What Ifs" going through brain...

edit on 22-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added quotation marks

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Wow They really are stupid! If I was a politician, I wouldn't get on that plane unless Obumbo was on it as well.Free rides are rarely free. Maybe we should hold a collection and send your favorite politician a parachute.HAHAHAHAHA.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

As I said in the original thread here

Well, when I see something like this I immediately think Poland cabinet crash/assassination. Sounds like Obama or its handlers or the NSA/DHS is getting ready to clear away any opposition by cleaning house.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
What, they couldn't hold their own memorial service in D.C.?

Anyone who gets on that plane is too stupid to hold public office in any way, shape or form. If I were the pilot and the attendants, I'd be nervous as heck.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

new topics

top topics

join