It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain this? Is this Illuminatti symbolism?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

PinealJockey
The original Basilica Santa Maria Maggiore in Rome dates back to the 5th century AD but there have been additions dating to the 12th-13 century, so I'm not sure when they painted the eye.

Most likely on the late 1500's to early 1600's as this is when the Eye of Providence became symbolic of the Trinity and began appearing on churches and religious iconography.

There is a thread in the Secret Society forum where I posted several links to the earliest know usages and the all date to about this time.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

bozzchem
Rest assured, where you see the Eye of Providence you can be certain that the building is not dedicated to Christ nor His teachings.

Then you are not very familiar with the history of Christianity where this symbol was used with great frequency or the fact that Trinitarian Christians still use this symbol today.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

tencap77
reply to post by dawnann7

Incredibly, it looks like the same nun that gave me my first concussion in third grade! (banging someone head against the 3 inch thick slate blackboards was the choice method for inflicting the love of god!) but as far as the shining ones, they don't exist anymore!

Well it is definitely symbolism and not christian or should I say catholic in nature. Looks luminatish, more so than anything else. It is south America it could anything from Nazi, to lost city, to Indiana Jones, oh well maybe not that one lol.

What would be more interesting is how old is it. The church is creepy and the nun, well shehe looks really creepy. Lol

Love to see more pics of your country. P. S. Who is the blonde.

The Bot

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by payta

Picture four is the three stooges - anyone else get that? lol.

2nd line.

Ro

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

AugustusMasonicus

bozzchem
Rest assured, where you see the Eye of Providence you can be certain that the building is not dedicated to Christ nor His teachings.

Then you are not very familiar with the history of Christianity where this symbol was used with great frequency or the fact that Trinitarian Christians still use this symbol today.

I agree the symbol represents God so it impossible to be "tricked" as a false image. Whatever that means.

But yes scrutiny of historical record reveals these symbols convey very important universal messages.

And I cant see any real way "Jesus" that is the Biblical record, could be agianst a message from God. From himself, whatever.

Anyway Id think it would work is :
Everyone use what words apply to their personal understanding, and look for God through seeking Truth. Basically translate and keep improving it.

That sounds good.
Ill go w that.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

muzzleflash
Anyway Id think it would work is :
Everyone use what words apply to their personal understanding, and look for God through seeking Truth. Basically translate and keep improving it.

I could not have expressed it better. The problem is organized religion loses power when one has a personal understanding of God without their direction and your donation.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

dlbott
Well it is definitely symbolism and not christian or should I say catholic in nature. Looks luminatish, more so than anything else.

Thats exactly what surprised me in the first place, Argentina is a catholic country, and every town was founded by spanish folks, so every town you will find here, will have a square in the centre of the city, and next to it the town hall, a bank, and a catholic church.
This is the first church i ever encountered such symbols, and ive visited quite a lot of churchs and chapels. There is another church ni a city founded by masons, that place is full iconic figures, statues and more, should make a post some other time, but thats the only other place i could think one could hope to find secret societies evidence in argentina.

dlbott
It is south America it could anything from Nazi, to lost city, to Indiana Jones, oh well maybe not that one lol.

Well yes, there were many nazis in South America, but the thing is, ive always had a hard time believing in world domination by NWO living in south america. Over here goverments arent strong at all, and they cant be in control of the population. Thats why nazis were able to hide here, the goverment doesnt really care what goes on with its people really, they are not trying to control us, they simply try to steal as much as they can from the treasury, and then the guy in the presidency steps off and buys some island in the pacific or whatever.
So im surprised to see secret socities are stablisehd here, i always though they would try to kill us, with food or maybe war, but im sure they know its impossible to hold the power through the goverment.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

daaskapital

if i remember correctly, the Illuminati only had one official symbol of which has been found. That is a dot within a circle. What that means, i don't know.

Depends who you ask.

Lord Baden-Powell, founder of the boy scouts had one on his gravestone:

Picture

In boy scout trail code, it means "I have gone home."

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
"Illuminati symbolism" is such a vague term. When you say it looks like illuminatti symbolism, do you know what that is? Because I don't. No single organization has the monopoly on symbols, as stated before time and again the use of these symbols is so widely-spread amongst many different organizations that it is impossible to attribute it to a certain (secret) society.

Better questions would be:
- who built it?
- who funded the construction?
- who ran the daily operations?
- what was the purpose of the building?

Don't get caught up in the symbolism, it's only that: a symbol. It will not bring you closer to any kind of truth you might be looking for. I've made that mistake, and wasted a great deal of time because of it.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by raknjak

No i dont know exactly what i mean, i just thought it was strange and that it could be related to secret societies. So maybe it isnt actually illuminatti symbolism, but im hoping people who know a great deal in the matter could tell me something about it, or if it may have some sort of meaning, of if theres something behind it.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

payta
...but im hoping people who know a great deal in the matter could tell me something about it, or if it may have some sort of meaning, of if theres something behind it.

I posted the meaning already, it represents the Trinity.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

payta
reply to post by raknjak

No i dont know exactly what i mean, i just thought it was strange and that it could be related to secret societies. So maybe it isnt actually illuminatti symbolism, but im hoping people who know a great deal in the matter could tell me something about it, or if it may have some sort of meaning, of if theres something behind it.

Ok, (sorry if I came over as a douche). For me personally, the symbols itself are of lesser value then the people who actually had influence on the construction of the buildings. The symbols might be corrupted, added at a later date, misused, etc. Is any historical data available on this particular one? Because it does intruige me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join