It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain this? Is this Illuminatti symbolism?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Hi everyone this is my first thread, ive been lurking for quite a long time in this forum, and never really have the urge to start a thread, but the other day i came up with something rather odd.

So heres the story:
I live in argentina, about 50 miles for the capital of the country, and on sunday i went to a small town, very small town, to spend the day. This place has about 2000 inhabitants or maybe less, and people go there to spend weekends, since there are a few restaurants and there are many farms and such. This place had a boom in the last few years, but before that noone went there, it was sort of a ghost town.
Well during my stay, i went into a old church they had there, and in the ceiling of the place, i found a strange drawing, It looked just like illuminatti symbolism, but i couldnt believe that there would be illuminatti presence in such a small town, thats in the middle of nowhere, in a southamerican country.
So i thought of presenting you with the pics so you could tell me what do you think it is, maybe it was just a coincidence, but im sure someone more knowleadgable in the subject would figure it out.

Here are the pics:

edit on 22-10-2013 by payta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Interesting symbols. That triangle with the eye sure looks Illuminati-ish. That nun is just plain scary looking!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by payta

Well let's go through the illuminati checklist:

Religious: Check
All-seeing eye: Check
Five-pointed stars: Check

The most important question is: How did you feel when you were there? Was there a heavy energy?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by scolai

Well it was probably because of the eye, but it didnt feel good, i wanted to get out of there. I had sense of uncertainty or maybe of being watched. I wont tell you i felt a strange energy or anything like that, because i never had that sort of experience, but i felt anxious, because i didnt know what the eye in the ceiling was all about, or why it was there.
I could try to do some research, on the town and its church, if you think thats probably illuminatti stuff

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Ok, I'll be the rational one. The Illuminati is NOT real. Eyes are eyes.
Don't be like that idiot poster who posted the sign for an eye doctor as proof of Illuminati.

(My smiley has eyes... Oh no!!!!)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Even if it is nothing, it still is a pretty cool looking church.
The steeple even looks like the masons' compass, if you use some imagination that is.
You can see signs nearly everywhere, if you WANT to though, especially us ats lurkers that are more "tuned into" such things lol

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
it definitely looks spooky!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

payta
reply to post by scolai

Well it was probably because of the eye, but it didnt feel good, i wanted to get out of there. I had sense of uncertainty or maybe of being watched. I wont tell you i felt a strange energy or anything like that, because i never had that sort of experience, but i felt anxious, because i didnt know what the eye in the ceiling was all about, or why it was there.
I could try to do some research, on the town and its church, if you think thats probably illuminatti stuff

The things is older than what you call the illuminatti sect and the illuminatti sect is not the origin of the symbols.

The all seeing eye is the third eye chakra that all mystics and psychics use (seekers of sprititual truths) and was also in the ancient Egypt. The triangle/pyramid normally means the human working towards god. The david star is one pyramid human working towards god and one opposite pyramid for god working towards the human to reach symbiosis/understanding. But it has to do with finding illumination.

This age video message about the same struggle.

Interesting times when so much is hidden in plain sight for all to see.
edit on 22-10-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The town is called Carlos Keen, and has about 500 inhabitants, , it was founded in 1875. It reached its peak pupulation in 1930 with about 4000 people living there.
Isnt anyone surprised finding this in such a small town, in a far away country?

Heres a map of it.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

payta
The town is called Carlos Keen, and has about 500 inhabitants, , it was founded in 1875. It reached its peak pupulation in 1930 with about 4000 people living there.
Isnt anyone surprised finding this in such a small town, in a far away country?

Heres a map of it.

Not surprised at all. Christians spread their religion all over the globe. At least they have saturated the market now, and everyone has already heard the Good News. Now maybe they can stop.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Illuminate, by definition, is anti-Church, but I can definitely see the symbolism you are talking about.
The massing of the church is Romanesque, except for the entrance pediment which is clearly pyramidal in shape. The all seeing eye is interesting. It is very similar to the all seeing eyes that adorn the Basilica Santa Maria Maggiore in Rome. Same pyramid and color minus the cherubs. (I'll try to dig up a photo that I took when I get home). As for the windows, I don't know what to say except that is a real sh!tty window infill job.

edit on 22-10-2013 by PinealJockey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Illuminati, Latin word, means Enlightened.

Triangle - Holy Trinity
I - Eye of God

Its not malicious, its exploratory to those who use their eyes.

By the way, the eye is also the Abyss, which is God
Read first line of Bible

God = Whole Hole of the Well of the Whale

Oh yeah and click my name and read my recent threads on symbolism.

edit on 22-10-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The Eye of Providence, or Eye of God is a symbol that is used in many different contexts. If you look at the link provided there is a good explanation of it. Being that the symbol appears in a church, I would think it's interpretation would be that of the Holy Trinity, God the Father, Jesus the savior, and the Holy Spirit.

Some symbols have many, many meanings and they are meant to be interpreted by the individual. What it means to me, may not be what it means to you. Oh, and the Illuminati hasn't been around for over 200 years. It's historical fact. They were a very interesting group and those that throw the name around usually have little to no idea what they were about.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

PinealJockey
Illuminate, by definition, is anti-Church,

Kind of. They were against the Tyrannical way the church was directing science and knowledge to the public. Kind of like the way the Main Stream Media tells modern day idiots what to think and how to think it. Not much has changed over the years except the delivery method.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by payta

might be of interest to ppl on this thread; found at my local H&M:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
They are not Illuminati symbols.

if i remember correctly, the Illuminati only had one official symbol of which has been found. That is a dot within a circle. What that means, i don't know.

The All Seeing Eye, or the Eye of Providence is symbol comparable to its ancient Egyptian counterpart. The eye in the triangle is usually regarded as a Christian symbol, representing the eye of god, and the holy trinity.

Considering the Illuminati was all for enlightenment and freedom of thought (something the church didn't really like), i'm willing to say that the Illuminati never used the Eye of Providence (at least in the form it appears indie that church).
edit on 22-10-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

daaskapital
if i remember correctly, the Illuminati only had one official symbol of which has been found. That is a dot within a circle. What that means, i don't know.

It is called a circumpunct.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I couldn't find the picture I was thinking of so I just Googled one:

Obviously this one is surrounded by cherubs. The original Basilica Santa Maria Maggiore in Rome dates back to the 5th century AD but there have been additions dating to the 12th-13 century, so I'm not sure when they painted the eye.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnann7

Incredibly, it looks like the same nun that gave me my first concussion in third grade! (banging someone head against the 3 inch thick slate blackboards was the choice method for inflicting the love of god!) but as far as the shining ones, they don't exist anymore!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Rest assured, where you see the Eye of Providence you can be certain that the building is not dedicated to Christ nor His teachings.

Anyone can build a structure and call it a church.

Anyone can also use the term church.

With guidance from the Holy Spirit, you would be given discernment.

Just looking at the images you presented let me know that building was one I would want nothing to do with.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join