Doctor's note must accompany school lunches sent from home?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Thats whats being claimed on this site.

I have to wonder if this is a real rule/law or the school is just inventing some regulation to prevent the practice. Question is, why?

Does it affect their federal bribes if children bring their own food?

Anyway, at-least they'll be fed healthy ice cream "sandwiches" and nachos and this during gym class no less..

I did some searching, but was unable to find anything:

School Lunch and Breakfast Programs

edit on 22-10-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Huh?

I wasn't aware that schools in the U.S fed ALL their students everyday. I thought they sold food in cafeteria's for students who sometimes buy their lunches for a change. You know, instead of the boring homely sandwich.

Here in Canada, every student, wether it be pre school, middle school or high school, have the students bring their own lunches everyday. Only high school students have the choice to buy their lunches from a limited cafeteria menu.

Seems a little weird for students Not to have the freedom to bring his/her own lunch to school. Another way for control? I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but do you really know what's in your child's 'school' food?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Yeah, This is all about the money. They get so much, per kid to feed them. Then I believe that if only X amount of children are eating the lunch, they have to count the waste, and that could get the amount lowered for either the next quarter, or year, depending. Which is sad, because some of the kids, this is their best meal of the day.

But I believe it should be the parents choice, because as you show with the ice cream, at that age, they should be learning healthy eating habits.

I guess if I was you, I would be getting a note from my doctor!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I'd like to see a little more about this.
I don't have time to dig right now.

I can say that my children (in public elementary and intermediate schools) are not prevented from taking their lunch to school.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

but do you really know what's in your child's 'school' food?
reply to post by Xquizit

thats what i was going to say

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Wow, if true,. the government can pound sand.
though i could understand if an uncaring parent were to send their child to school
with skittles, twinkies and ho hos, but if you have a parent that would send their child
to school with a lunch which could clearly supersede the nutritional quality of a school lunch
then this is absurd. I would then start to question the main content of the school food and whom is producing it.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Ahha I smell high shenanigans. It's too absurd to be real.

What does sound legit to me is that this mom site, has an agenda. You see, Lindas website has all these coupons and no mention of the letter. Linda is the first link on the moms website, where she "cannot tell you how hyped up I am at this note my friend Linda received today from her child’s school."

But going to Lindas website, why I'm a parent and furious and really concerned.. Hmm, but wait, I must be in the wrong place, I see no letter here. but this chance to win a $200 coupon sure looks interdasting. And wow, all these bargains. SO cheap. What did I come here for again take my money...

Rather clever really..

Alas, if I look further..

www.my2crazycurls.com...

she does indeed have that note.

edit on 22-10-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
How can a school know what the diet of children is when they are not in school. If a parent is good, they pay attention to how certain foods effect the mentality of their kids and also their intellect and calmness. I see this effecting the people who care about their kids more than those who neglect their kids nutrition.

I know how foods can effect intellect, eating raw broccoli or cruciferous veggies is not good for some people because of their effect on the thyroid. You need proper thyroid activity to make your brain work right, suppressing thyroid activity does not only lower troublesome activity in kids. For those with an overactive thyroid it is good to suppress the activity, but for those with lower levels it tends to make the kids overweight and suppresses thinking.

I think that the ones running the schools are a little nuts myself, thinking one size fits all.

On top of that, more instances of food borne illness come from raw veggies nowadays than from cooked foods. I think it should be the right of the parent to have a choice of what foods their kids eat. Why does a doctor need to sign for this? So that the people have to bring their healthy kids to the doctors office to stimulate the medical trades income. Seems that those in charge of schools have too many friends in the medical trade nowadays that need work. Whether these people in charge of schools know they are brainwashed is the only question in my mind.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

How do you put a line through the words like that?

Sorry for being off topic OP

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Political madness? Can't we get a forum for these lies? Maybe one called, "Sweet Jesus, I hate the Obamas and will make up anything to try and make them look bad.".

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

My eyes are watering from trying to read your reply, lol. Were those lines purposely put or was it a mistake?

Anyhow, good post. Should have done a little research as well but was way too early in the day for me to even try

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Ridiculous and not hard to believe. Idiocracy at it's finest.

My daughter is in the 10th grade now but in middle school they were not allowed to bring any food to school that came from a restaurant. It didn't matter what restaurant it was.... it wasn't allowed. I thought that was way out of line and if I had ever sent her lunch to school and she hadn't been allowed to eat it I would have had a major issue.

Now she is in high school and comes home STARVING because the food is so nasty she can't eat it. I raised her to eat most anything and she does eat things other kids turn their noses up at. She actually does love lima beans, peas, broccoli, etc. But she can not stomach their gelatinous whole wheat mac and cheese. I couldn't either as I have seen it.

It's just a way to get more control over the children. One by one the parents wishes are being thwarted and it is done on purpose for a reason. I don't care who thinks I am crazy for saying it. I have seen things go from night to day since she has been in school.

The government doesn't love your kids. They want them to eat all their GMO products 3 times a day and so far it looks like they are achieving that goal in more places than not.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Then they better provide a free lunch . Brown bagging is more economical than buying hot lunch. Suppose the family has several children in school and suppose this family is poor. Lunch in the high school is $1.50 If you have three kids that's $22.50 per week or $90.00 per month. Of course if you're really poor they do give free lunch.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Forcing students to buy a school lunch is a money making scam.
They are expensive and over priced. IMHO.
We always packed a lunch for our daughter.
It cost less and she liked it better.
(and it was less germy then eating school cafe food)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Love the furry roos.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

FlyersFan
Forcing students to buy a school lunch is a money making scam.
They are expensive and over priced. IMHO.
We always packed a lunch for our daughter.
It cost less and she liked it better.
(and it was less germy then eating school cafe food)

In a time where we are being forced to purchase health insurance.... this is the logical next step right? Right?

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Love the furry roos.

Thank you! Agarta, a lovely member here made the avatar for me.

edit on 10/22/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The majority of parents must support the no lunch idea. If they didn't then those on the school board would not be elected / reelected.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Political madness? Can't we get a forum for these lies? ....

YOUR PREJUDICE IS SHOWING!

Be careful what you call lies, especially when you do not even bother to investigate first!

ONE COMMENT:
... schools in NC are revoking lunches brought in by students from home. This started happening in January. My sister teaches in the area that it happened in.....

ANOTHER COMMENT:
.....I saw my grandchild in the lunch room with her tray. I walked over and asked her what they were serving her and she said it “tastes like dry paper”. It was a very small slice of pizza (overcooked) with dry cheese product on it, a salad that consisted of four tiny leaves no dressing and wilted, two crackers and 2 small slices of orange with a 1/3 pint of non-fat milk. All totaled it probably came to 300 calories. My granddaughter is not a picky eater, but she had not been eating anything for lunch for weeks.

When my daughter told her Doctor he not only sent a note but he sent a letter to his patients stating that he was advising his patients to ask for a note from him to remove their children from the school lunch program if they wanted it....
______beforeitsnews/alternative/2013/10/government-says-parents-cannot-send-lunches-with-children-to-school-anymore-unless-they-have-a-doctors-no te-2800122.html

This article goes back to April 12, 2011

Today a school in Chicago made news for banning lunches from home, forcing all their students to eat school lunch. Um, wow. This sounds bad.

But can we be sure that home lunches are healthy and satisfying? Here are two recent examples from my students:

Lunch example 1: Two donuts.
Lunch example 2: A ham sandwich on white bread, a donut, a banana, a bag of hot chips.

Should the “two donut” kid be forced to eat school lunch? I’m asking that rhetorically because I really don’t have an answer.

We need to know what Little Village Academy is serving for lunch. Is it anything like the lunches offered at the Academy for Global Citizenship (AGC)? You guys saw the amazing lunch I ate there last month. Should AGC’s students be required to eat school lunch?

I’d also like to note that the article mentions kids need to get permission to send home lunches with a medical excuse. How easy is it to get a note from your child’s doctor for them to eat home lunches? Remember how I had to get a doctor’s note allowing my son to the lunches I send from home (that I post on the blog)? I got a note faxed to my day care in less than 24 hours.....
fedupwithlunch.com...

The original link to the Los Angles Times kroggled so here is an alternate link from the Chicago Tribune
Chicago school bans some lunches brought from home

....At his public school, Little Village Academy on Chicago's West Side, students are not allowed to pack lunches from home. Unless they have a medical excuse, they must eat the food served in the cafeteria.

Principal Elsa Carmona said her intention is to protect students from their own unhealthful food choices.

"Nutrition wise, it is better for the children to eat at the school," Carmona said. "It's about the nutrition and the excellent quality food that they are able to serve (in the lunchroom). It's milk versus a Coke. But with allergies and any medical issue, of course, we would make an exception."

Carmona said she created the policy six years ago after watching students bring "bottles of soda and flaming hot chips" on field trips for their lunch. Although she would not name any other schools that employ such practices, she said it was fairly common.

A Chicago Public Schools spokeswoman said she could not say how many schools prohibit packed lunches and that decision is left to the judgment of the principals....

So now we know damwel just pulls an opinion out of the air (I kept it clean with difficulty) and then tries to get the information called a HOAX based on his PREJUDICE!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

Yes,exactly the same here,all students bring their lunches from home.Then there are tuck shops where they can buy food like sandwiches,pizza,hotdogs,sodas+fruit juices,also some chocolate,crisps and other sweets.My son is in 1st grade and his school's tuckshop notified parents before start of this term that they are now serving healthy lunches,something I was very happy to hear-they have frozen yoghurt ice lollies,YogiSip(mix of milk+yoghurt eg where before it would be sodas+sweets stuffed with artificial flavors+coloring+preservatives.But it is still up to the parents to supply their childrens' lunches-the tuck shops are for the ones who would rather buy a hotdog or hamburger for a change+additional sodas,juices or sweets.

One should certainly have a say in whether your child eats food brought from home,it should never be Mandatory for the kids to Have to eat school cafeteria food-no matter how healthy-and from what I've read American school lunches are not all that healthy anyway.Nor are they free.If this is true,the premise of this thread-it is just another draconian measure by an overbearing over-government-if I lived in America I would have homeschooled anyway,as I believe a lot more American parents are now choosing to do.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It is true. Tried to make my Grandson lunch for preschool about 2 weeks ago. Turkey sammich, juice box, apple, and a twinkee. I was told he couldn't take it. Something about allergies to foods and the kids might share. A little over the top I thought. PINK FLOYD wrote a song .............

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join