It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the WORST PAIN you've ever felt???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

3 1/2 weeks and counting with a sciatic pain in my leg. It feels like a severe toothache from the bottom of my hip to my ankle. I went to the hospital and they asked how bad it hurt. I told them it hurt more then being kicked in the "spot" as hard as someone can. Couldn't move for 2 days. Slowly getting better now.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Pain is just weakness leaving the body! I would have to say getting my finger slammed in a car door where underneath the nail has blood and the pressure builds up.

Firepiston

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

beezzer

Emotional pain? When they canceled Firefly

WHY?!?!??!?!

WHY!!!!!!!

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BRING THAT UP!!!!!!

The pain is flooding back!!!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

crazyewok

beezzer

Emotional pain? When they canceled Firefly

WHY?!?!??!?!

WHY!!!!!!!

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BRING THAT UP!!!!!!

The pain is flooding back!!!!!

*sniff*

Now you know why my avatar cries.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

After seeing all the previous posts about kidney stones, I hope I never have to deal with that!

The worst physical pain for me was childbirth. Over time my memory of the pain seems to fade. As my husband describes the experience from his perspective: I was roaring like a lion, moving around unpredictably, and the look in my eyes he will never forget--like I was looking right through him... The hard, piercing eyes of a wild animal.

The worst emotional pain I've endured was the loss of my mother years ago. It was not a surprise, since she had been diagnosed with cancer about five years before her death. So I knew it was coming... But it was so difficult to watch her slip away in the final weeks.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'm pretty tolerant of physical pain, I would have to say the worst pain I've felt so far in my life was emotional.
It brought out a side in my I didn't know existed, It made me feel ways I didn't know were possible -- the pain itself was something I can't put into words. Some of you are probably wondering what it was that caused this but I prefer not to be that personal -- I'll just leave it at emotional pain was the worst.

~Sovereign

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I contracted Lyme disease in 1997. I had gone to the hospital on a Friday when they confirmed the Lyme diagnosis and sent me home with antibiotics... the weekend was OK, but I woke up on Monday with every joint in my body screaming out in blinding pain. The simple act of walking hurt so bad that I could only vomit... which hurt even worse... my girlfriend at the time hauled me into the E.R.

The worst part was going to a "teaching hospital" tied to a local university. I was heavily drugged, barely awake, and watched a parade of young residents come in and out of my room to see a first hand case of the disease. How thrilling.

Apparently, I was released that afternoon (I don't remember it- they gave me something through my IV)... I woke up in my bed two days later with zero idea of what happened after that IV med was administered.

I have broken bones, had a spinal tap, major surgery, sciatica, West Nile virus, suffered through migraines and NOTHING comes close to how horribly bad I felt that day...
edit on 22-10-2013 by madmac5150 because: Caffeine induced cerebral clarity

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Probably when I had to get an Autologous skin graft on my hips.
Still hurts from time to time if I bump it.
edit on 22-10-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

when i was one or so my mom left her curling iron on and went to work and my dad fell asleep on the couch, i rolled over the cord and the curling iron that had been on for hours fell on my hand, it melted my skin to the bone, luckily i blocked out the actual event and was probably drugged up on baby vicidon for awhile. the worst pain i can remember is cracked ribs and the continual pain that persisted for a year or two.
edit on 22-10-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Trigeminal neuralgia. Dr said there was nothing more painful other than childbirth. Do you know that pain that feels like cold molten steel? Imagine that through your head like a 12 inch nail right down behind your eyeball.

edit: I would seriously commit suicide if I had to live with that condition. Guess that's why it's also known as "suicide disease"

Emotionally, losing my son at age 20 after a 12 year battle with illness. In the weeks leading to his death we were most hopeful he would be recovering, going to school and getting his apartment.
edit on 22-10-2013 by 2XOHsurf because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2013 by 2XOHsurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
My worst pain was when the doctor hammered a metal rod in my tib, I woke with the most pain I had ever felt until they had to remove it when the infection spread and that was a whole new type of pain.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'm 37 and had a kidney stone when I was 19 years old. It was the size of a sprinkle you'd put on an ice-cream cone. The stone came out sideways and left some bad scar tissue. The nurse said she had never seen one that big before (the stone).

Anyhow, the pain started in my lower back and stomach early in the day and by mid-afternoon I was just trying to walk it off around the house, waiting for a parent to get home to take me to a doctor. My dad came home and found me blacked out on the floor in the hallway. He took me to emergency where it took approximately 12 hours for me to pass the stone.

I was groaning in pain so loudly the whole time but couldn't help it as it was the worst pain I'd ever experienced (have had 7 broken bones, knocked out teeth, 2 hernias, dislocated back, torn ACL, tonsilitis, etc.)

Hands down... the worst f'n pain ever in the history of the universe. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

For me the worst pain I have felt has been child birth, my last one was meds free. I have also passed kidney stones once but honestly cannot remember the pain. Otherwise I don't really dwell on pain much, as I am not likely to be in pain. I am pretty healthy and feel I can endure a lot.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
For me, broken ribs in the field are in contention with kidney stones. Although I did once have a diaphragm spasm that I was pretty sure was a coronary, that was really butt-awful.

And I hate being burned. Really. Although it's not as long-lasting as a broken rib.

But a broken rib where you have to keep working physically, that sucks.

Emotional pain? Hm. That's not for ATS. The first time you do some things, it's really upsetting. After that, you get over it, sort of. At least it's more "Aw, crap" than "OMG what did I just do".

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Dislocated my kneecap when I was a senior in High School wrestling. This kid grabbed my leg for a takedown, and I tried to twist away from him. I did. But my lower leg and kneecap didn't. He let go of me, and I dropped like a sack of potatoes. I looked back at my leg, and my kneecap was almost totally backwards.
Luckily, no permanent damage (knock on wood). And I got back to being totally active in just a few weeks to a month. (Cant remember exactly.... this was back in the 90s...)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
When my gall bladder necrotized in my body a few weeks after a motorcycle crash and my body was trying to reject it. A doctor at an urgent care clinic palpated it and nearly ruptured it. I threw up. I made it to the emergency room and they rushed me into surgery fortunately removed it before it broke apart inside me and filled me with infection. I woke up with excruciating pain in my left ankle and found out that they did another fixation operation on my smashed ankle while I was in surgery. My still-broken ribs made it hard to draw a deep breath. And they were very stingy with the pain meds.

That was a rough day for me.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The time I died of a collapsed lung was intense. But the worst was when I was laying in the hospital with a tube in my chest and I rolled over in my sleep tugging the tube in the process. I imagine that how it feels to be knifed in the chest. Completely debilitating. I couldn't even cry it hurt so badly.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

The worst pain I have ever felt is a constant burning pain in my legs, same as if they were dipped in a fire you cannot see... at the exact same time it feels as if there is a vice crushing the bones in my legs... at the exact same time as all of this any touch feels like an ice pick being driven into your body... this touch can be from a loved one or even the clothes I wear, and it is also constant because the clothes and touches are seemingly unavoidably constant.

And that is just some of it... the same exacerbation of pain brought on my clothing and touches is also brought on by sound... anything loud, and also by movement such as when I walk...

and there is no escape outside of death.... it is 24/7 for the last 14 years...

I have CRPS Type 2...(Also known as RSD or Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy)

edit on 22-10-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Oh that would definitely be childbirth and the back labor I had from it. It was so bad it made me physically sick and I almost passed out.

Yea definitely that for sure. Never again!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
And speaking of pain so intense you vomit, I once broke my ankle playing basketball. I went in for a dunk and landed in a damn wood pallet behind the goal. I immediately began vomiting. That was rough.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join