It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the WORST PAIN you've ever felt???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Worst pain? See below.
edit on 22102013 by Snarl because: Mine didn't compare.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Worst pain to date .... KIDNEY STONE.
I actually could feel myself starting to pass out from the pain.
Kidney stones are EVIL. PURE EVIL.

Worst emotional pain to date .... Summer of 2010 when I first got really sick.
It was literally soul wrenching and I was pushed into total darkness and depression.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

You are right, lol. I regularly work with a lot of 40-50 something's that still feel 20 mentally but physically, oh man. It kinda sneaks up on you and I admit I am not looking forward to my 60's if I make it that far.

On to the pain front. I guess my experience with kidney stones is different. Middle of the road pain for me. After I pass them I experience a good half hour of what I can best describe as a half hour of mental gymnastics.

I Have had the misfortune to have quite a few painful incidents. The accidents like crushing body parts, wrecks, etc. May have hurt the most at the time but the pain was over shadowed by the trauma of the event itself.

By far the worst pain was a back spasm? Not sure what it was, I just bent over to pick up a leaf and that was it, I was stuck there. Any attempt to move was so painful it literally took my breath away. I have had this happen to me twice. No reason just bend over and the worst possible pain ever. No residual pain or anything. Just goes away as quickly as it comes.

Other than that I would say rupturing my bowel takes the number one spot. Doubled over pain that will not let up followed by a really, really nasty feeling that can only be described as dying.

The pre surgery colposcopy was by far the worst surgical procedure ever.
Followed by;

Crushed finger 8 out of ten.

Bowel resection, meh, 7 out of ten.

The ensuing 2 hernia surgeries, 5 out of ten

Heart attack, 4 out of ten.

Shoulder scopes, 3-4 out of ten.

The heart attack while painful was surprisingly un-painful.
The ensuing stent/angioplasty was a piece of cake. For me the mental aspect of my possible imminent demise was the worst part.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

spartacus699

Dianec
I'm going to have to do some natural remedies to prevent a kidney stones since so many describe it as the worst. Gallbladder stones too since I've heard those are pretty bad.

Mine - childbirth. Then migraine. With the later your expected to get on with your day yet every sense is obscured through it. I feel for people who have those on a regular basis.

how about create a shooter that uses ghost pepers and everclear and call it a "kidney stone attack" ? That way you can try before you buy

An induced kidney stone attack from ghost peppers and alcohol? I imagine it would causes some sort of swelling from a chemical reaction - alcohol and the peppers. Can you imagine that happening from a combo of foods? Like pop rocks and soda - but that doesnt do anything.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

spartacus699

beezzer
Physical pain? A bad landing sky-diving. Watching my leg bend in all sort of funny shapes.

Emotional pain? When they canceled Firefly

It wasn't that good

That hurts!

(lol)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I've broken bones. Been burnt. Had tooth abscesses. Had gravel rash, crashed too many bikes to remember, but, the absolute worst pain in my 40 odd years were cluster headaches. Haven't had any for years now, but by god they were the pits.
I'm not surprised they're called suicide headaches.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
For me it was a toothache... the pain was so bad it kept me up all night.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
When I was 9years old, my dad died of cancer at 42. It was such a shock because no-one told us kids he was dying. We were told he was poorly, but not that he was dying. I just couldn't deal with it. I couldn't believe it and wanted them to un-say it. I was heartbroken and lay in bed at night and imagined myself a story that he hadn't died, but that he'd just lost his memory and couldn't get home because he'd forgotten where he lived, and forgotten he had a family. I really believed this. I imagined for years that he would one day suddenly remember and come home.

At that age I suppose I couldn't accept that I would never see him again, and it was less painful to pretend and believe he would come back as soon as he remembered us.

Strange how our minds know what to do when an emotional situation is too much to handle. For me, conjuring up a fantasy and believing it probably saved me from a hell of a lot of emotional pain that I wasn't able to deal with.

I would say emotional pain is by far worse than physical pain.

Physical pain can be eliminated/eased with surgery, medical treatment, or prescribed meds - but you can't put a Band-Aid on any emotional pain, it has to be suffered.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The most traumatic thing was having my 4 year old daughters face ripped off by the neighbors Rottweiler.
When I got to the emergency room I saw that part of her scalp, her whole forehead to down below her eyes was torn off. Her nose was almost torn off and her bottom lip was shredded.
I will never get that image out of my head. Fortunately the best plastic surgeon in the area was on call that day and did a wonderful job patching her up. She is 17 now and beautiful. She still has some prominent scars but they continue to fade as she gets older.

I remember after she came home from the hospital walking in the bathroom and seeing her looking in the mirror crying and saying, "I will never be pretty". My heart broke that day, and I am tearing up as I write this.

edit on 10/22/2013 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I had one kidney stone (3mm) about 10 years ago and they are horrible. However I would agree to having one a week rather than my real worst pain. Been shot, been stabbed, been hit by shrapnel (mortar and IED), had two ribs separated from my spine, had two fingers blown out of socket, even had a seven story building fall on me. They all hurt, but it was momentary pain.

While driving at 35 mph (I was in a gunner hatch) we had an IED go off under our truck. The vehicle stopped instantly and the front end lifted about 3 feet into the air. I did not stop but momentum carried me into the armored "wall" around the copula. I cracked seven vertebrae in my neck, knocked out 11 teeth, powdered my right cheek bone, fractured the mandible and the maxilla. It took about 3 hours to get a bird back into the green zone. Mo medic, no medicine.

Over the next two years I underwent multiple surgeries to fix everything. Bone grafts in the front of my face to allow for dental implants and a three inch piece of plastic to create a cheek bone. Radio frequency ablation and facet denervation to minimize the pain in my neck as the bones healed.

That pain lingers. The spine in forming calcium deposits which cause a loss of blood flow into my brain. Dizziness, intense headaches, loss of motor control. It's like having a really really bad hangover for eight years.

I would so love to have another kidney stone if I could go back and not kiss that "bitch plate".

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I'm a pretty big man and I've had some broken bones etc, too. But my Kidney stone was something I can't even put in words.. I thought I was going to die

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

I'm pretty strong. I can face pain and even laugh on occasion.

But whenever a child of mine is hurt or ill, I'm a gd wreck!

Hats off to you and your beautiful daughter.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
YES>>> KIDNEY STONES F'in HURT!!!!

I have had them twice. The second time wasn't too bad as the stone was small... but the first........

Woke up in the morning, earlier than normal, and I felt a weird pain in my lower back. Thinking I had just slept awkwardly I tried to get up to go pee.... soon as I got upright, all I can remember was a blinding white pain shooting from my kidney area (lower back).

I'm not superman or anything, but I have a rather high tolerance for pain. Normally, I'll just ignore a pain and go about my business. Since we were living in Pittsburgh at the time, the roads are not great if you need to get around quickly. We took the back roads to UPMC - southside from the south hills. Took 30 minutes to get there. We had to pull over 3 times for me to vomit from the pain! I was yelling out of the window trying to get people to let us by the traffic... they must have thought I was crazy.

The doctor told me that the only pain greater than a kidney stone was giving birth. Either way, aside from a bullet or stab wound, having anything come out of your body is super painful.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Whatsreal

The doctor told me that the only pain greater than a kidney stone was giving birth.

Well, my doctor (female) told me kidney stones are much more painful and that she'd rather had another child then a kidney stone.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Getting a tattoo on my side. Holy Jesus. It's not even done yet . . .

I have several of them, but on the side. . . BIG MISTAKE.

Never again.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Acute Gout attack!

Makes a Kidney stone seem like a "walk in the park"!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The worst pain I ever felt.

That's a hard one.

Physically it would be getting my hair turned into dreadlocks. The constant pulling and teasing of the hair bruising the scalp all over. It was actually more pain than getting my tattoo which is saying something.

But honestly the worst pain i have felt has been emotional.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Have had two kids. One with a spinal at the last second, but had much pain up to that point. Second was natural. While painful, it is pain with purpose, pain with joy, and pain that you can breathe through. Fear makes childbirth more painful. My second, drugfree birth, was awesome and empowering.

I had my first and hopefully only kidney stone this year. Vomiting continuously, in horrific pain. Large enough to pass, but still a large one. Went to emergency room. Sat there waiting in agony for hours upon hours before being taken into a room and hooked up to some pain relief. Cried in public in such pain. Couldn't sit, stand. No place to lay down in the waiting room. Was horrible, just horrible.

I have had some back pain, that is horrible too. Tooth pain once and some kind of horrific nerve pain in my jaw as well that was so painful and nothing took the edge off that.

But, up until my kidney stone, I'd say my gallbladder was the worst pain. That lasted two weeks before they decided to operate -- I just lay on the couch, couldn't work, couldn't drive or take care of my kids, praying for the time when I could take the next painkiller which would only take the edge off, but left me still in so much pain. I couldn't walk standing straight, was bent over. I thought I was going to die - and I couldn't get the dr to believe me, as the ultrasound showed only one large stone that "couldn't possibly be giving you so much pain." Then when they opened me up, the surgeon apologized to me afterwards, saying it was a freaking mess in there and I was right. Ha! As if I didn't know.

Emotional pain - death of the love of my life in an accident. Just about killed me. Loss of a child to mental illness. Even worse.

But still, I think the pain I've experienced in life is nothing compared to what others here and in the world have experienced or are going through. Things I can't even imagine. Cancer, severe injuries, heart attacks, loss of loved ones in horrific ways, missing kids, losing someone by murder, war, starvation. My pain in life is nothing in light of others' pain.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I had some polyps removed from my sinus cavity in 2011 with surgery at the VA and be cause I have COPD I breath EXTREMELY shollowly when I sleep.So they wouldn't give me pain killers until my oxygen saturation would rise and stop setting off the alarm,which I would normally do and require oxygen to sleep.
I woke up and it felt like an axe had penetrated my face,my wife said I was gray for a while.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I remember my uncle having kidney stones, ahh the pain he was in I cant imagine.

I also remember a friend getting glass in his eye, on my that was bad for him cant imagine that pain either.

As for me Ive never had kidney stones or any thing like that, never broken a bone or anything. My worst pain was when I went into labour, not so much pain just so uncomfortable, its horrible.

Giving birth and pushing out my son was not that bad even the stitching up afterwards, it was the labour pains before that, hard to describe.

I'm not in a rush to feel that pain again, thats why I only got one child lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join