It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the WORST PAIN you've ever felt???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

FunktheNWO
Well I'm sure mine doesn't compare to kidney stones, but, the worst physical pain I've ever been in is when I tore most of the ligaments in my right ankle. I was skateboarding and caught a trick too far up the board, so that my right foot was pretty much half on, half off. When I landed, it went straight under the front kick and I went straight to the ground.

It's the only time I haven't been able to reply to my friends to tell them that I was okay, I literally couldn't find the energy to talk, 100% of my concentration was focused on the searing pain in my ankle. I was on crutches for about 2 weeks and had a bit of a limp for a further week or so after that.

I've broken my hand, a toe and a rib and have had countless bruises, sprains and strains, but none of them even compare to what tearing ligaments was like. They were painful, but they didn't made me curl up in a ball for 10 - 15 minutes like the ligaments did.

did my ligaments in left ankle about 6 weeks ago. Couldn't get out of bed for a solid week, had to crawl to the bathroom the first night and even now still don't have proper motion in it. I always sprain mine (see above) but this one was excruciating. Left me seeing stars and trying to not throw up and pass out so I feel you!

CX

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Piece of shrapnel to the ankle...which twisted it over so the sole of my foot was facing skywards...snapping all my lateral ankle ligaments...whilst wearing a backpack that added about half my body weight onto the injury.......

I think the phrase used rhymed with clucking bell.

CX.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Man, I can't possibly compare my little traumas to a kidney stone! I hope never to have to go through that kind of agony.

I fell off a cliff and onto a highway, snapped my left foot in half. Hardest part was walking across the highway, every step felt like a thousand needles piercing every which way all from my toes to my lower leg. Took about a year to recover from that one. I've broken almost every bone in my body, but that was probably the worst for me.

I also had a bone marrow biopsy, on the lower part of my spine. Had to get quite a few slides to make it worth it, they said. Well that didn't feel too good either, no amount of anesthesia could take away the pain of that. Especially considering younger bones are harder to break through, they had to pound for about 5 minutes before they could make an indentation.

That's about it though, I guess I'm lucky compared to some of you!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

edit on 22-10-2013 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Lets see emotional would have to be the first time i visited the garbage
dump in Honduras, the families living there in cardboard boxes, that was
an eye opener, there again the first time i witnessed a death was a
toughie as well, the poor man had an infection in his leg so bad that
it was huge, and i mean huge, we tried to drive him to the hospital
but it was hours away on horrible roads and we could not make it in
time.

Physical is a tie between two, the first was when i was about 3 or maybe
4, someone had thrown a beer bottle over our fence and it had broken
on the sidewalk that ran around our house, i was running around that
sidewalk and stepped full force on it, it cut the oddest T shape right
up next my toes, when i was taken to the local doctor he gave me the
only anesthetic they had but it was expired so it did not work... needless
to say i still hate needles.

The other would be a sting ray to the back of my heel, that one hurt for
what felt like ever, i was maybe 8 or 9 for that one, needless to say there
i learned how to do the stingray shuffle and avoided further encounters.
edit on 22-10-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Would have to be emobolisms in my lungs after a blood clot travelled from my lower left calf after tearing the ligamemts in the knee and fracturing the tibia (pain in itself). Lower leg swelled. Clot developed. Pain from the clot after some days. Went on medication to thin the blood. Felt the clot travel through my pelvis area and into the chest. Lost ability to breath and severe chest pain as a result. On my back, body started convulsing every time I tried to breath. Chest felt like someone hitting it with a sledge hammer. I forced myself to stay concious as I was frightened to black out. Later coughed up a bowl full of fluid mixed with blood.

Don't want to go through that again.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Physical pain is preferable to emotional pain any day of the week, and on the weekend too.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I've also had two kidney stone attacks but what was worse was an unfortunate incident with the police where I was tased, pepper sprayed, and batoned. What exacerbated that situation was that I was kind of out of it; in something like manic psychosis. I don't really remember too much but I remember when they took me down saying "big tree fall hard" and the cop was like "oh, so you think your funny" and he tasered me again.

From this I think I entered something akin to a fugue state and I don't really remember the next week and a half. The emotional pain of not really knowing where I was or why, then realizing I was in jail but still not knowing why was horrible. I ended up spending a month in solitary confinement in a holding cell (the whole spending an hour outside your cell a day thing, yeah they're not that good at keeping that schedule), days without a flushing toilet, days without toilet paper, and weeks without a shower. They finally sent me to the state hospital where I got put on a mood stabilizer which got me back to being the person I had always known myself to be.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Emotional: Finding out you had been cheated on by someone you love. Really really horrible.
Physical: An almost broken neck, luckily only whiplash. Just when you think you are in a comfortable position, you move a TINY bit and BAM super sharp short burst of extreme pain. After a few days of no sleep, it gets tedious.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Well, I had a really bad tooth once. For almost two years. I had prettymuch gotten used to the normal throb, then every few months the throb would ramp up and up, until another piece would break off. It wasn't until I finally got it removed, that I realized how much the thing hurt. So much relief, even with the gaping hole it left in my gum. It was a wisdom tooth.

I am no wimp either, I used to get a few migraines a week, from the youngest I can remember, until puberty kicked in. So my pain threshold is pretty high.

Emotional pain, finding out my first serious steady girlfriend was screwing the guy I thought was my best friend. I think that was about what it feels like to be shot in the gut.
edit on Tue, 22 Oct 2013 05:36:16 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
My husband has kidney stones once or twice a year (it's a recurrent issue for him) He's also broken many bones over his lifetime, and had an abscessed tooth. He says a kidney stone is the worst pain you can ever endure, and would rather saw a limb off himself without anesthesia than have stones pain.

For me, I'd have to say the worst pain was slipping a disc in my lower back. That pain was much worse than when I decided to be a tough girl and refuse a painkiller dose after our first was born via c-section. That was a stupid move, and man, was I in pain, but the slipped disc made it look like a stubbed toe by comparison.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

I had half a wrist removed and it took 3 days to find a suitable pain killer for me.

Doctors told me it was one of the most painful procedure around. I'm not sure I'd wish a chomped limb on anybody... lol

My personal half-127 hours.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yeah, I had a bad wisdom tooth, impacted and not abscessed but came out in pieces. I just had all four pulled last month. That is quite painful and I tried not to let the pain killers wear off for a few days.

reply to post by Nyiah

He says a kidney stone is the worst pain you can ever endure, and would rather saw a limb off himself without anesthesia than have stones pain.

Yes, this.

edit on 22-10-2013 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2013 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I suffer from migraine headaches. I've had them for years and, frankly, I've actually gotten used to them and have learned to cope. But, periodically, I have to endure a month or two of what is known as "cluster migraines". A cluster migraine can only be described as having someone jab a crowbar into your eye-socket. As far as pain goes....."it's special". Fortunately, I've been able to bring these under control with medication and with the use of the inhalation of pure oxygen as needed.

BUT...... this is NOT the worst pain one can experience

In my opinion, the worst pain one can experience is that of seeing your child being in pain, suffering.....and being unable to do anything but stand by .... helplessly watching and praying. That, to me, is real -- personal -- pain.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
The worst pain I've suffered was when I ruptured my anterior cruciate ligament.

King

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I prefer not to say or even think about the worst pain I have ever been in. Not because it's personal, but rather I'm afraid something will come along that will prove me wrong and demonstrate that there is even worse pain. It usually does as I get older.

However, the longest I have ever been in pain is still ongoing, almost a year now, every day. Sciatica, along with some compressed discs. It's a life-changing experience. At least I'm not on meds and down to 3-4 aspirin a day to manage it. But I still can't do the things I used too.
edit on 22-10-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Physical pain? A bad landing sky-diving. Watching my leg bend in all sort of funny shapes.

Emotional pain? When they canceled Firefly

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

RammerJammer
Not sure if this is considered pain. But really bad food poisoning is horrible. It's the worst I have ever felt.

I've heard that's really painful, & shingles is said to be extremely painful. My son had it at 13..... He said he felt like he was being eaten by fireants around the ring rash.....inside & out....

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
For long term, kidney stones, about 24 hours. Short term, I had a toothache once that for an hour I was flipping in pain, could not get any relief, was considering topping myself, thank God it went away after an hour. Another time I had dislocated my middle finger earlier in the day, that night I was parking the car and hit the curb and the steering wheel spun violently out of my hands, it hit my finger (of course), I nearly passed out and peed my pants.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Child birth, natural with absolutely no meds.

My father once told me that woman forget all about the pain once the baby is born and in your arms. I remember my father holding my new born son a few hours after his birth and looking at me while saying: "I was right wasn't I?".

My response was not what he expected.... "Frack no!!!! I am NEVER having another child!". Lol

15 yrs later, he is still my only one. Ouchy!

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join