It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the WORST PAIN you've ever felt???

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

woodwytch
reply to post by spartacus699

Worst physical pain ... I have had chronic Rheumatoid Arthritis for some years now and on an average day my pain rating is around 7 out of 10 ... I have liquid morphine to try to control it but at the minute I am having a 'flare-up' and the pain has not slipped below 8 with peaks of 9 for two weeks now and nothing is helping (I have to see the Rheumotologist tomorrow to see what they can do for me).

This makes childbirth feel like a stubbed toe as at least with labour you get waves in the contractions and you know it's not going to last indefinately ... with this there is no let up day or night and it is wearing me down because it's not just one joint it is in both shoulders ... both wrists ... both hands ... both knees ... both ankles ... both feet ... and the base of my neck. At the moment I can't walk / wash or dress myself and it is driving me crazy because I'm a very independent person and I'm not old I'm middle-aged (sorry for the rant but you did ask and it hurts like a b@$t@rd)

Worst emotional pain for me was giving birth to my stillborn son and holding his lifeless little body in my arms ... that is a pain that never leaves you it just becomes part of you.

Woody

I too have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia. it hit me at 32, I was in the best shape of my life ran 30+ miles a week lifted weights regularly and BOOM i was a cripple. After 4 years of miserable drug interactions I have weened myself off all medications except marijuana. The pain doesn't ever stop but with regular use of marijuana life is livable and I'm not a zombie like i was on the prescription pain killers.

I hate to be cliche but I understand the what you're going through , all over chronic pain is horrible beyond comprehension.

<< 9  10  11   >>

join