It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids, measure twice cut once

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Every tradesman says this to their son. Every son finally realizes the meaning is to not waste money for a mistake. Yet every new generation makes fun of the older generation because they think is't stupid because it's not their money. Finally we become the new older gen and say it to our kids and repeat...repeat...repeat.

Calculations of 20 years and placements of blocks of 12 and hour 24 hours a day. ( wiki source). That's if we accept their standard deviation of 99%. I assume this figure because i have never read a source that explained the time lost for a incorrect piece. As well as the methods to stop the production lines to compensates for corrections.

Can you accept 2 million blocks of any size were perfectly cut once , transported without degradation, and installed with incredible accuracy without ever incurring a problem. A solution of error removal or modification does not exist. what are the consequences of such dismissal. How can we be amazed by unfathomably quantity and ability but not think mistakes were made.

If we can accept mistakes of 0.01% what solutions did they create to deal with a common occurrence. 200 blocks would be incorrect. while being transported up the pyramid. get them down, out of the way or corrected to keep the pace up. how.

Sorry i hate ? at the end of sentences. just tell me how to deal with mistakes. then i will ask my next major problems.

edit on 22-10-2013 by jthreat21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
or they could have poured them on the spot, not cut but made
www.science-frontiers.com...

Anyway error is human nature, we have to acceprt it, ourselves and for others.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

I've considered that possibility. How would you deal with a form collapsing and the resulting mess corrected in a timely fashion
edit on 223104Tue, 22 Oct 2013 04:05:30 -0500America/Chicagoam3121 by jthreat21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

jthreat21
reply to post by borntowatch

I've considered that possibility. How would you deal with a form collapsing and the resulting mess corrected in a timely fashion
edit on 223104Tue, 22 Oct 2013 04:05:30 -0500America/Chicagoam3121 by jthreat21 because: (no reason given)

Far easier to clean up broken formwork than haul up a massive block

I would get others to help me clean up the mess and start again on the block

Choose good people and encourage them as you need encouragement.

Bad things happen, pretending they dont or not sorting them out is the problem.

Timely fashion, am I on your time or you working to mine.
Whos the boss and whats at stake

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Are you referring to one specific pyramid or are you generalizing over every pyramid ever built?

I ask, because, there's fairly substantial record on the engineering of the pyramids, and especially so with the first 3 attempts made by Pharaoh Sneferu

As I've posted in a previous thread, I recommend anyone interested spend some time watching the below documentary that details the evolution and engineering of pyramid building in Egypt.

The first pyramid builder was Sneferu, and there's sufficient record of Sneferu's first attempts at pyramid building with the first at Medium that collapsed, then what's known as the Bent Pyramid, and finally The Red Pyramid.

We see a clear evolution of progression in learning and building with these first 3 examples.

Afterwards, we get an established trend of consecutive rulers building pyramids in the early dynasties where Khufu built the Great Pyramid.

Later on, due economy of labor, and lack of expendable wealth to degree of early dynastic rulers, the pyramid building trend stopped and we see monument building in sculptures, and temples as per Ramses.

None of it is really all that "mysterious" as many fringe sources might want one to think. There's a wealth of legitimate documentation, scholarship, and study onhand for anyone to review given enough time and real interest.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jthreat21

I don't accept that two million blocks were perfectly cut.
The inner supporting mass may indeed be less than perfect and the blocks that are visible from the outside don't look that great to me.

In fact I can't see what all the fuss is about. This great heap of stones is nothing more than testament to a tyrants folly.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

midicon

I don't accept that two million blocks were perfectly cut.
The inner supporting mass may indeed be less than perfect and the blocks that are visible from the outside don't look that great to me.

In fact I can't see what all the fuss is about. This great heap of stones is nothing more than testament to a tyrants folly.

You obviously don't know about a pyramids worst enemy whether erosion do you.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

edit on 22-10-2013 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The estimations are unfortunately off. Depending on which pyramid you are talking about. We will presume the popular Giza ones, they are built with part of the plateau included within them, the core stones are roughly made except for height which was controlled but even that varied between tiers. There is also a possibility that even the Giza pyramids have sections filled with rubble or sand.

new topics

top topics

join