It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dianne Feinstein's Bragging About NSA Surveillance Program May Finally be Declared Unconstitional

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

From the ooops Dept..

This is quite an incredible story that's unfolding about a new opportunity for a Constitutional challenge to the FISA Amendments Act, which has enabled broad NSA surveillance. If you haven't been following the details (and even if you haven't been following all of this closely), the specifics may be a bit confusing, so we'll try to go piece by piece through the history here to explain the events leading up to a new Constitutional challenge being placed on the law, which the Supreme Court had previously effectively wiped out -- in large part due to false information presented by the Solicitor General, who now appears to be not at all happy the intelligence community led him to lie to the Supreme Court.

Dianne Feinstein's Bragging About NSA Surveillance Program May Finally Result In It Being Declared Unconstitutional

It is quite incredible that the people of Feinstein's district don't wake up as to what they have created...
Techdirt does a great job in wading through the nonsense and disinfo to clearly explain what is happening on a granular level with the FISA and the NSA in their fight to keep the discussion out of the Supreme Court.

Some of the more amazing points of this article :
1. The Solicitor General Lied to the Supreme Court.

2. SG got irate at Clapper, Feinstein, and friends which he forced to work out that defendants were to be told of the secret program as he promised to SCOTUS.

3. Feinstein and the Senate Intel Committee made a passionate speech to protect this program, then argued that all of the evidence Feinstein discussed in public was for a different program...

Now the ACLU has brought this all back to SCOTUS with saying that their 5:4 decision to uphold this law was based on false information..... sounds more like a Clancy novel then reality..
edit on 22-10-2013 by R_Clark because: Grammar

edit on 22-10-2013 by R_Clark because: Grammar

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

What a loathsome creature Dianne Feinstein is-a particularly poisonous specimen in the nest of vipers that make up the US admin.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Sounds like the right hand does not know what the left is up to at the moment in the upper echelons. Now seems a good time to ask, do you think that this contradiction is evidence of massive idiocy, or a vastly clever series of double blinds, and more importantly, which worries you the most?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Does the expression "Oh what a tangled web we weave...." seem to apply here?

Looks like maybe Feinstein's backtracking to untangle the tangled web just tangled it more?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
We are not helpless you know?
There is a solution.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

That's the thing. They don't care anymore about who knows what they are really doing.

This is not a surprise to me, and if you are paying attention, it shouldn't be for you either.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I am still at odds how this woman gets reelected. From all the snickering and sneering, the attacks on liberties, and the delusional comments she's made, why someone hasn't tarred and feathered her, is beyond me. It is clear that a change needs to be made, so I want to see one in her district. Our luck, no one runs against her knowing how much money and power she "has". Bunch of bullocks!

From what I gather, eavesdropping is illegal for us, but not for them.
So is everything else the gov't does.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Stormdancer777
There is a solution.

Does it involve summary executions of the members of Congress?

Not urging that it be done.... just checking.
edit on 22-10-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

butcherguy

Stormdancer777
There is a solution.

LOL no, I will let you guys figure it out.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Maybe I'm just too rash.
But that is the only solution that popped into my head.

It probably would be effective though.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

you are thinking of french type revolution

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Raxoxane
reply to post by R_Clark

What a loathsome creature Dianne Feinstein is-a particularly poisonous specimen in the nest of vipers that make up the US admin.

She was the one that drafted the new assault weapons ban for the obama administration. Thousands of pages of hypocrisy and confusion. Just to be blunt most of these "assualt weapons" turned out to be semi-autos rather than full autos which is necessary to be considered assault weapon.

Now she is defending NSA domestic surveillence on a level unheard of.

It boggles the mind how evil that bitch is! Where is the flame emoticon???

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

havok
I am still at odds how this woman gets reelected. From all the snickering and sneering, the attacks on liberties, and the delusional comments she's made, why someone hasn't tarred and feathered her, is beyond me. It is clear that a change needs to be made, so I want to see one in her district. Our luck, no one runs against her knowing how much money and power she "has". Bunch of bullocks!

It's because she has a D next to her name and her district is hardcore Democrat. It's the same thing with idiots like Robert Byrd, Pelosi, Reid, Boehner, and McConnell.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

You just could not make this up! Sounds like it is right out of a novel.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

My favorite, but I faint at the sight of blood so I have been stocking up on the tar and feathers.

Feinstein would certainly be on my list.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Oh geez here we go again with the Feinstein rhetoric. She annoys the hell out of me.

Why would anyone in government be bragging about this. It's a scar to the constitution and it's a slap in the face to the American public. Not to mention it has got other countries question their "friendship" with the U.S and the UK.

I wonder how much "valuable data" they pulled from this program anyway? My guess isn't very much. They only thing they achieved if shame.

-SAP-

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Stormdancer777

butcherguy

Stormdancer777
There is a solution.

LOL no, I will let you guys figure it out.

There is a limit to what can be said on ATS and most sites. People get banned for being too honest sometimes and the trolls will call you a psychopath for wishing ill on others. Been there and done that.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by R_Clark

Sounds like the right hand does not know what the left is up to at the moment in the upper echelons. Now seems a good time to ask, do you think that this contradiction is evidence of massive idiocy, or a vastly clever series of double blinds, and more importantly, which worries you the most?

A cluster of stars for the multiple choice if I could. When noise completely hobbles the 'command center' whether real or contrived, we're in it to the ankles and head first.

Maybe you could agree nothing gone as wrong as DC and the rest of us as done in could be attributed to random twitism-- even if to a 100% concentration in the former population.

What does make me sleepless beyond (a) or (b) is how many of the still sleeping maybe can't yet fathom the (b) skit masked as (a) by the lot of them: to enable its perpetuation by some masochistic habit for forgiveness of the increasingly noticeable affronts.

For another dynamic, why not simple normalcy bias?
Worse than apathy would likely by now be fear of even looking at the leviathan of garbage in the corner of the kitchen. "It's bigger than the both of us Dory. Maybe we can subdue him by Saturday for a trip to the vet."
And these trogs are legislating it bigger fangs all the while.
"Charming." Eastwood

ps great avatar-- thumbs up for a couple dozen more Celestions

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by R_Clark

IMO the NSA does a very poor job, if at all they are involved in any
surveillance

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

nancyliedersdeaddog

havok

It's because she has a D next to her name and her district is hardcore Democrat. It's the same thing with idiots like Robert Byrd, Pelosi, Reid, Boehner, and McConnell.

Robert C. Byrd is dead and has been since 2010. But another Dem was elected in his place, Joe Manchin.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join