It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are all born in sin.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
We are born as sinners only because of our karma.

And Karma is a concept that supposedly justifies our difficult conditions in life. But does it justifies our exploitation by those that are unwilling to show themselves.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

droid56
We are born as sinners only because of our karma.

And Karma is a concept that supposedly justifies our difficult conditions in life. But does it justifies our exploitation by those that are unwilling to show themselves.

It's such a medieval word, drama-queened and tawdry.
You probably typed the OP on a device that has deprived some little children across the other side of the globe, without even realising it...karma is self-inflicted, deal with it...

Å99

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I don't even understand what the man is talking about. Ive read the post 4 times.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I don't believe we are born in sin. I'm not even sure karma actually exists. But the concepts of sin and karma aren't that far apart.

I wish karma was operational. A universal justice sounds good to me. But I fear the top of the pyramid of power might be dictating events along another line other than justice.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

droid56
I don't believe we are born in sin. I'm not even sure karma actually exists. But the concepts of sin and karma aren't that far apart.

I wish karma was operational. A universal justice sounds good to me. But I fear the top of the pyramid of power might be dictating events along another line other than justice.

We're not!
Karma does 'exist'.
Karma and sin have zero correlation.
Karma isn't a universal justice system...it's an individuated recovery program, wrought on yourself, and expiated by you...group karma operates in a similar way...

Å99

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
How do you know karma exists? I'm not saying it doesn't, but there is no evidence that it does.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The definition i use for karma and what im convinced it means is
this: Go through life being an a jerk to everyone and one day, most likely,
one of those people will be in a position to effect your life and might not
have forgotten what you did. Now that's karma.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
And if karma exists, who is making it happen. These administers of karma must be very powerful to cause people to experience events consistent with their karma.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

droid56
How do you know karma exists? I'm not saying it doesn't, but there is no evidence that it does.

'Existence' is the wrong word to ascribe to it...karma is a process...

If it doesn't, there would be no reason to be a 'nice' person at any moment in your life.

Å99

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

droid56
And if karma exists, who is making it happen. These administers of karma must be very powerful to cause people to experience events consistent with their karma.

You are 'making it happen'...you are the administrator of your own karma...how powerful do you feel?

Å99

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Whether karma exists or is a process, I want to understand who pulls the karma strings. I don't think karma is like gravity. Gravity doesn't require anybody pulling strings. Gravity simply is.

Karma, on the other hand, requires negative or positive things to occur as a result of our behaviour. Somebody or some force has to apply specific applications of intelligent power consistent with karma.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

droid56
Whether karma exists or is a process, I want to understand who pulls the karma strings. I don't think karma is like gravity. Gravity doesn't require anybody pulling strings. Gravity simply is.

Karma, on the other hand, requires negative or positive things to occur as a result of our behaviour. Somebody or some force has to apply specific applications of intelligent power consistent with karma.

Blend my answer, and your answer...

You're kind of answering your own question...but you're attributing karma with punishment by an outside force.

Å99
edit on 22-10-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
An example of karma. You are cruel towards someone. You meet that someone in your next life. They are cruel towards you.

Who set you up to meet the person once again in order to have you experience your karma? It might be a quiet voice saying, enter this coffee shop. Who was the quiet voice.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

droid56
An example of karma. You are cruel towards someone. You meet that someone in your next life. They are cruel towards you.

Who set you up to meet the person once again in order to have you experience your karma? It might be a quiet voice saying, enter this coffee shop. Who was the quiet voice.

Yep...that's it...
You set yourself up (group karma) in order to expiate karma...the quiet voice is yours.

Å99

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
The quiet voice is me? I'm way smarter than I think. If my quiet voice was actually leading me, I would have turned right in a big hurry at certain times. Instead, I didn't hesitate.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
then karma doesn't exist if it all comes back to me leading my own live anyways.
i choose to be a jerk to everyone, and i chose to always end up on top, regardless of justice.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

droid56
The quiet voice is me? I'm way smarter than I think. If my quiet voice was actually leading me, I would have turned right in a big hurry at certain times. Instead, I didn't hesitate.

So you've never made a conscious decision you didn't regret?

Imagine regretting it, and visiting the circumstances whereby that karma was to be wholly, or partly expiated...but you forgot why you should...would seem pretty unfair, and attributable to an outside force...

Å99

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Bisman
then karma doesn't exist if it all comes back to me leading my own live anyways.
i choose to be a jerk to everyone, and i chose to always end up on top, regardless of justice.

So you'd be a 'jerk' to your sister, your mother, your grandma? You'd choose yourself over them in any situation?...have fun with that...

Å99

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

what i see here is ...that not every one born smart.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

ZakOlongapo
reply to post by droid56

what i see here is ...that not every one born smart.

...but can become smarter than they were born...

Å99

top topics

<<   2 >>

join