It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Training of Syrian insurgents steps up in Saudi Arabia - from US Marines ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Training of Syrian insurgents steps up in Saudi Arabia - from US Marines ?

This article is from IHS Jane's Defence Weekly.

I have no idea about their credibility on stories like this.

If true, then it would seem the U.S. is more involved than many would have us think.

I know the U.S. has some troops in Jordan, and has a base in Qatar.

Can someone elaborate please?

T.I.A.

17 October 2013

Free Syrian Army (FSA) units are receiving intensive training from US Marine Corps personnel in Saudi Arabia, a senior FSA source has told IHS Jane's .

The source said the United States and Saudi Arabia have agreed to train around 1,500 insurgents. The programme began a few months ago and most of the personnel will be trained by the end of 2013.

The courses last for 100 days and include fighting in built up areas (FIBUA). The most recent intake that arrived from Jordan on 13 October consists of around 40% from insurgent groups operating inside Syria, with the rest recruited from refugees in neighbouring countries.

Client log in to read more ...............

The article requires a login to read in full.
Training of Syrian insurgents steps up in Saudi Arabia

edit on Oct-21-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Saudi Arabia needs for a meteorite to end our suffering.

Their leaders are terrible human beings. I mean REALLY bad at life. I wonder who is worse....ours or their leaders.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
No wonder there is no peace in the middle east .I guess they have been fighting for a long time no but when does the crazyness of it all end .Too bad the US didn't crash last week. I mean like those people over there are crazy enough on their own but with the US direct involvement ,come on . Pepe Escobars latest article 'Our' weaponized Wahhabi bastards This week, the US Defense Security Cooperation Agency announced it had notified congress about selling more state-of-the-art heavy metal for Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates (UAE). That breaks down into "various munitions and associated equipment, parts, training and logistical support" to Riyadh for US$6.8 billion and to Abu Dhabi for $4 billion.
www.atimes.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
More taxpayer money going to train a group of people who are going to turn their weapons on us as soon as they accomplish their goals.

Way to go.

new topics

top topics

join