It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown Glowing Light In Evening Western Sky - Starship?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I have not seen this personally, but the video is very interesting. People are saying they see a red light in the Western sky around 8:00p.m but, when he zooms in, the object appears to change shape and colors, red, blue, white, hexagon box shape.

Anyone here know what this is ?

Link

.....Edit to add more info....

For the past week or longer, there has been a strange, glowing light in the horizon of the western sky and according to SkEye, there are no stars or planets in that area. If you are looking at the western sky in the early evening, you will see Arcturus glowing as well as Venus. You will also see a light to the left of Arcturus that is not defined by the skymap, SkEye.

From New York City, "I noticed a star of unusual brightness. It seemed to be flickering from red, to blue to green to white." From England: "Finally I find someone else who can see it. I see it also and when I looked in my telescope it made me feel ill. Its weird looks like a cell or germ it flickers red and blue. It changes shape and when I look at it I get this creepy feeling like it knows I'm watching. I'm in northeast England and it becomes visible just after sunset."

From Spain, "we were traveling north on the Alicante-Valencia highway, close to Denia. It was after sunset and we were surprised to see a very bright star (the brightest star one can see in the sky) that pulsated with different colors." Read more here, plus pics and video! in5d.com... in5d.com
edit on 21-10-2013 by eternity4us because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

edit on 21-10-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by eternity4us

Wow What is That Aplication? i want Too! can i know where to get it??

so What is that Light..Maybe a Star?
SnF
edit on 21-10-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Awesome app, please LINK

The APP!

A UFO that big/noticeable might be the mothership, which explains all the orbs that are moving around at night in the Cali skies, only seen with cam, not human eye.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I went outside about 20 minutes ago, and freaked out when I saw a big red light in the sky.
Google sky map on my phone says it's Fomalhaut, a triple star unit. I found a few articles on it, including one that gives the time that it will be seen in the sky.
October 21st is the day that it's supposed to be seen around this time, in the southwestern sky. Don't believe me? Check out this blog, and get google sky map on your phone if you can, it's awesome.
bobmoler.wordpress.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

You didn't watch the video.

He shows on his application where Venus is and where he's looking.

So. You're wrong! Thanks for stopping by though.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

cheesy

SnF

I wish I knew cheesy. It's awesome.

Edit: SkEYE application.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
That looks like what I spotted on 09/19/2013 at 7:45 pm eastern in N.J. I saw 4 of these objects at various altitudes and distance. They were hovering for about 20 minutes. I could see them with the naked eye. I saw the lights change from yellow, red, blue, to green. They were in the south-west sky about one half hour after sunset. My camera is only 5.3 mega-pixels, so I was only able to get a crappy video. Did you make this You-tube video, if so where was it taken? Here is the link for my 8 second video. tinypic.com...
edit on 21-10-2013 by Mikeultra because: only

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I see these all the time in my sky, I thought there were stars, but I always thought it was strange for a star to pulse red like that. Maybe I should start recording those too!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

So thats a capture from Stellarium, and the big red circle shows where he says the mysterious object is.

HOWEVER

It is so close to the sun that he simply wont be seeing it the way the video shows the sky to be. I had to turn off the "atmosphere" option in stellarium simply so that it wont show the sky to be correct, and DAYLIGHT, like it really is.

The simple answer is that he's either stupidly or deliberatly set the date wrong on his phone app, so it isnt showing the sky as it really is. All bets are off after that.

And from all the descriptions given, I still think its Venus.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I thought *MAYBE* it could be a satellite.

Don't know really. You could be right. I don't know as I've not seen this myself.

I certainly never believed it was *shudders* NIBIRU.....lol.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Britster1821
I went outside about 20 minutes ago, and freaked out when I saw a big red light in the sky.
Google sky map on my phone says it's Fomalhaut, a triple star unit. I found a few articles on it, including one that gives the time that it will be seen in the sky.
October 21st is the day that it's supposed to be seen around this time, in the southwestern sky. Don't believe me? Check out this blog, and get google sky map on your phone if you can, it's awesome.

Wow Its Owsome!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
If you use and android phone then just download the google sky app.

Google Sky and other nightsky apps

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

cheesy

Britster1821

Wow Its Owsome!

I believe the case has been cracked.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

You're welcome lol

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Antares? I've been seeing it for weeks here in southern California, first time in my life I've had clear skies this time of year to see it. It's a Red Giant star, famous for that color change and blinking effect.
edit on 33431010pmMondayf43Mon, 21 Oct 2013 22:43:33 -0500America/Chicago by signalfire because: (no reason given)

Wiki says that Fomalhaut is in the Southern sky, not Western. Which is this, people?
edit on 31451010pmMondayf45Mon, 21 Oct 2013 22:45:31 -0500America/Chicago by signalfire because: addendum

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

eternity4us

cheesy

SnF

I wish I knew cheesy. It's awesome.

Edit: SkEYE application.

Yes It Is Awsome! i already Download it haha

Tq So Much You Da Best

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Britster1821

You're welcome lol

Thanks for your help.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

eternity4us
I believe the case has been cracked.

No No NO.
Its not freaking Fomalhaut.
Fomalhaut, as the article linked to quite correctly says, its a star, perfecly ordinary in appearance, and would only be very very low on the southern horizon.

Thats to Americans anyway. For viewers in the southern hemisphere like here in Australia, its visible practically any night of the year.

Grabbing a stupid computer generated WOW image and proposing that it is what humans see, is not correct.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

He's not lining up what hes seeing on his phone via the stellarium app with what hes actually recording.

Apart from that it looks like scintilating star to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join