It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travellers Camp In Car Park

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
news.sky.com...

not sure if its in right topic or already been posted.

sorry but this infuriates me,i,m not against travellers or foreigners but in uk this is becoming a bit of a joke,our government is letting this happen far too often,trust me if this was any uk resident then our caravan would have been impounded and our arse flung in jail for the night if we didn,t move within half hour.

our country is on its knees and basically we,r saying come here and do what you like .

when is the government going to actually grow a back bone and start applying laws to these people so they don,t think they can do as they like.

edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

Just like America! We have all kinds of laws to protect illegals that break the laws, while screwing over the over taxed citizens. Globalization at its finest.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

i was actually going to say i doubt it would happen in America or Australia but i guess i,m wrong.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Okay, I read the post and the article but nowhere does it explain why they are there and why they cannot be removed. I am somewhat confused. Are these people visiting the area and are using a hospital lot (private property) as a means of free camping? Are they gypsies (pikies?) that I've read about long ago?

Why can't the police knock on doors and tell them to shove off?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Here in the states, this would become a money making opportunity. Towing, impound, and fines could certainly stimulate a local economy while giving the impression of caring about the community.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

shadow watcher
Okay, I read the post and the article but nowhere does it explain why they are there and why they cannot be removed. I am somewhat confused. Are these people visiting the area and are using a hospital lot (private property) as a means of free camping? Are they gypsies (pikies?) that I've read about long ago?

Why can't the police knock on doors and tell them to shove off?
like the whole british public are confused,as i said if i done it i know i would be arrested if i refused to move so your guess is as good as mine but i,m guessing they are gypsies.seriously trying to understand our government is like doing algebra,its hard work.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

It is not as easy to move them on or as illegal as you might think as long as you dont damage the land:

The Government Guidelines for dealing with Unauthorised Encampments states that "Unauthorised camping is not a criminal offence and (the Government has) no plans make it so". Trespass is a civil offence, giving landowners and local authorities the right to repossess their property using the due process of law.

Source www.dorsetforyou.com...

I used to use similar old civil laws for fishing and camping on private land, if you keep it tidy its real hard for them to move you on even if they own the land!
edit on 21-10-2013 by Glz00 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

This is what our gov says on the matter.

www.gov.uk...

In short be nice, dont make a mess, know your rights and you can stay where you like for a few nights/weeks.

I understand theres problems with some travelers, but there not all bad, and the laws look after wild campers and homeless people too.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Where I live this shat would'nt fly. There would be a damn line of tow trucks from the local tow company. Tow's , fines, a buttload of cash to get your camper back etc,etc,etc. How this is legal boggles the mind. Do the folks at this hospital have no legal recourse. As in, if your not there as a patient or there visiting a patient, then you can't park there. Or if your there for some out-patient surgery or the like.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

They will get moved out, but the process just takes a while, and by that time they will be in a new site.

Just seen that they are French travelers! SEND IN THE ARMY!!!!

top topics

join