It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollinger Inc. Busted... More Bush Criminals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I love Twitchy.

What a wealth of information! You are the Man/woman.

How many criminals could there possibly be??

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I love Twitchy.
What a wealth of information! You are the Man/woman.

How many criminals could there possibly be??

I love you too DG
I'm of the Male Persuasion BTW, but don't hold that against me. Just so you know, some of your avatars have been a source of great distraction for me.

This is another thread that got sucked into PTS for some reason which is pretty much a death sentence for what I feel to be some pretty important information which pertains to the NWO, the workings of, and the people behind it. We should have an option to raise some kind of offical objection to a thread being moved, not that I have anything against PTS, but Richard Perle and Hollinger INC is hardly a purely political issue IMO.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Well, it's landed in the right forum for the local FSME to notice an excellent post I otherwise would have missed.

Have some applause!

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I was always under the impression that a hung jury was just that, a hung jury... apprently not however in this case, the judge told them basicly to 'get back in there' until you reach a verdict...

Source
Keep thinking, undecided Black jurors told

July 12, 2007

CHICAGO: Jurors in the fraud trial of Canadian-born media tycoon Conrad Black told the judge yesterday they were unable to reach a unanimous verdict after nine days of deliberations.
But they returned to their deliberations after being told by US District Court judge Amy St Eve they had to make "every reasonable effort" to reach a unanimous decision.

Odd there's no mention of Richard Perle or any of Black's other nefarious connections... Smells oddly like whitewash to me.

All this is headed towards if they are found guilty is a forfeiture? Shouldn't these guys going to be prison?

Source
Lawyers in the Conrad Black fraud trial were back in a Chicago courtroom Tuesday discussing forfeiture penalties, while the jury continued its deliberations into a ninth day.
Judge Amy St. Eve recalled the lawyers to discuss how much Black and his co-defendants may have to repay if they are found guilty.
St. Eve said she wants to clarify instructions on the forfeiture in case the defendants decide to let the jury decide the financial penalty. The defendants can elect to have the judge or the jury decide how much money they may have to repay.

The prosecution wants forfeiture of $92 million US, if the men are convicted.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Timesonline
Conrad Black, the peer who once owned The Daily Telegraph, has asked for a pardon from President Bush as part of a last ditch attempt to get out of jail early.

Looks like Conrad Black is asking Bush for a pardon, will be interesting to see if it happens. I just read that Cheney was indicted for the Prison Scandal in Texas so Bush might have more than a few folks looking for a pardon in the last few days of his presidency.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Saw this bit on the news today and wanted to add it to the thread...

Source
US Supreme Court to review Conrad Black's conviction
The US Supreme Court agreed yesterday to consider overturning the fraud conviction Conrad Black, the former owner of The Daily Telegraph, who is serving a 6 1/2 year sentence for fraud and obstruction of justice.
By Alex Spillius in Washington
Last Updated: 10:07PM BST 18 May 2009

The court's justices will hear arguments later this year over the convictions of Black, the former chairman and chief executive of Hollinger International, and two other former executives in connection with payments of $5.5 million (£3.6m) they received from a Hollinger subsidiary.
The men argued that they did not commit fraud because they did no harm to the company. They turned to the highest US court after the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals in Chicago upheld their convictions....
Apart from the Telegraph titles, Hollinger once owned the Chicago Sun-Times, the Jerusalem Post and hundreds of community papers across the US and Canada.

I'd almost bet money on this conviction being overturned by the SCOTUS.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
S&F twitchy. Hmm.

Well deserved even though it's almost 5 years later.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join