It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollinger Inc. Busted... More Bush Criminals

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It looks like Hollinger Inc. is finally getting a taste of reality...
If you don't know who this is, read the following...

www.alwayson-network.com...
...media empire, which includes the Chicago Sun-Times, The Daily Telegraph of London and The Jerusalem Post.

They are about to get strung up by the SEC, i hope the other major media Moguls take this to heart, it's good to see their legal immunity come to an end...
olympics.reuters.com...

Black tried to pull a Cheney and sell out before the legal issues surfaced, but he's gonna have to eat it...
www.cnn.com...

And yes these crooks are Bushies... Richard Perle is a crook!

www.wordiq.com...
Perle has served as a Director of Hollinger International since June 1994 and is the only outside director on the executive committee. He is also Co-Chairman of Hollinger Digital Inc. and a Director of Jerusalem Post, both of which are subsidiaries of the Company. He has served as a director of GeoBiotics. On August 31, 2004, a special committee of the Board of Directors investigating the alleged misconduct of the controlling shareholders of Hollinger International submitted the 512-page Breeden Report to the SEC. In the report, Perle is singled out as having breached his fiduciary responsibilities as a company director by authorizing several controversial transactions which diverted the company's net profit from the shareholders to the accounts of various executives. Perle received over $3 million in bonuses on top of his salary, bringing the total to $5.4 million, and the investigating committee called for him to return the money. Top Hollinger executives dismissed the report and have filed a defamation lawsuit against the head of the investigating committee, former SEC chairman Richard C. Breeden.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Oh yeah... Here's some more Hollinger Info. for those who aren't familiar with the company...

www.markdankof.com...
But far more than Conrad Black�s criminal exposure is involved in the Hollinger affair, whose newspaper portfolio includes the Likudnik Jerusalem Post. Justin Raimondo reminds readers at Antiwar.com that Chief Neo-Con adviser to George Bush and Israeli asset, Richard Perle, is a Board Member of Hollinger and the head of Hollinger Digital, the company�s venture capital arm---which in turn has invested $2.5 million in Trireme Partners, a subsidiary seeking to cash in on defense contracts and the Homeland Security buildup. Hollinger International also invested $14 million in an outfit called Hillman Capital, whose managing partner, Gerald Hillman, is not only a Perle partner at Trireme, but a fellow colleague at the infamous Defense Policy Board. It is this latter American national security conclave where the interests of defense contractors and assets of the Ariel Sharon regime in Israel intersect in the Pentagon board�s individual and collective membership.
As Raimondo puts it, the Hollinger media combine is a �. . .particularly muscular tentacle of the Neo-Con media octopus. . .its demise would mark a great setback for the War Party.� There is a corollary to this truism: the demise of Hollinger would not simply be a setback for the agitprop tentacles of the War Party, but a potential takedown of much more than the personage of Conrad Black. Who else might go down, criminally as well as politically, and what might be the subsequent implications for the credibility of American, Israeli, and British national security and banking elites if the takedown occurs in the light of day?
Key chessplayers with concealed hands may be attempting to arrange the pieces on the board to insure that the answers remain hidden in the darkness. The infamous Carlyle Group, linked to Bush and Bin Laden family investments, American defense contractors and oil consortiums, central bankers and Likudniks, has now stepped forward to indicate a possible interest in rescuing Hollinger International. The November 22nd Guardian story quotes a Carlyle source as indicating that: 1) the sum of the arrangement would be a removal of Conrad Black from management, but not his equity stake; 2) a Carlyle investment sum that could be as much as a 40% ownership of Hollinger; and 3) a provision for Carlyle to name new members to the Hollinger Board of Directors. Black must be rejoicing in a proposed arrangement which allows him to keep the dough, stay on this side of the law and jail, and maintain the protective covering of a management umbrella comprised of heavyweights John Major, George Herbert Walker Bush, James Baker, Frank Carlucci, Henry Kissinger�and Richard Perle. One suspects that Mr. Black�s membership in the secretive, globalist Bilderberg group, mentioned in the Guardian account, would also remain intact.

Edit: Fixed Quote errors

[edit on 15-11-2004 by twitchy]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Oh yeah... Here's some more Hollinger Info. for those who aren't familiar with the company...

www.markdankof.com...
Chief Neo-Con adviser to George Bush and Israeli asset, Richard Perle, is a Board Member of Hollinger and the head of Hollinger Digital, the company�s venture capital arm---which in turn has invested $2.5 million in Trireme Partners, a subsidiary seeking to cash in on defense contracts and the Homeland Security buildup.

Aaahhh, Twitchy, This stuff is gold! ...Why didn't you write it up for the atsnn front page?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I would have if I knew how..
if you know how to do a ATSNN report go ahead man, just tell 'em twitchy sent ya

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I would have if I knew how..
if you know how to do a ATSNN report go ahead man, just tell 'em twitchy sent ya

Twitchy see the yellow button above that says submit News click that and take it from there piece of cake, you got a way above from me

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I submitted it to ATSNN but not sure if it made it or not, didn't see it posted when I refreshed the 'recent posts' page. Does it take a while for ATSNN submissions to go through?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Looks like Richard Perle might face a little music himself over the scandal...

www.apfn.net...
Downward and downward spiral the fortunes of Conrad Black, the deposed CEO of Hollinger International, the only tycoon in history brought low by his wife�s taste in shoes. Last week, the sometime Sun King of the Sun-Times received a mortal blow in the form of an internal report into his alleged malfeasance called �The Hollinger Chronicles� authored by a personage no less prominent than Richard Breeden, former chairman of the SEC.
It is damning stuff. According to Dominic Rushe in the September 5 Sunday Times, Breeden has found that throughout the period of 1997-2003, the amount of money taken by Black and his cohort David Radler in a policy of �aggressive looting� amounted to $400m, a staggering 95.2% of Hollinger�s net income for that period. Although there might not be much to substantiate the investigations by the SEC and the Illinois authorities, if he is found to have breached any SEC rules Black is automatically guilty of violating a consent decree requiring him to comply with securities laws, which was passed with his consent in 1982 and which remains in force, following litigation against sometime target Hanna Mining. Such violation is a criminal offence, and he goes straight to the hole.
However, it�s not only King Conrad who should be quaking in his boots with this report�s release. As a result of his failure to perform the duties incumbent upon him as a member of Hollinger�s executive committee, uber-neoconservative Richard Perle, �The Prince of Darkness�, sometime Chairman of the Pentagon Defence Policy Board, may soon find himself out of pocket to the tune of � wait for it, I�m savouring this � 5 MILLION DOLLARS!...

Ah but guys like Perle always find a loophole don't they...

www.all-science-fair-projects.com...
The Department of Defense's inspector general commenced an investigation into Perle's business interests at the behest of several members of Congress, who inquired whether Perle violated federal conflict-of-interest provisions by improperly mixing his government duties with his business interests. The inspector general ruled that federal conflict of interest rules didn't apply to Perle because the provisions don't apply unless an employee works 60 days in a year, and Perle only worked eight days total in a three year time span for Trireme Partners LLP.

Henry Kissenger too eh?

americaforsale.org...
The Hollinger board was studded with political heavyweights chosen by Lord Black, a Canadian who became a British peer after Hollinger took control of the Telegraph newspapers in London.
Among them were Henry A. Kissinger, the former secretary of state, and Richard N. Perle, who was assistant secretary of defense under President Ronald Reagan and is the former chairman of a Pentagon advisory board. Democrats were not left out, with the board including Robert S. Strauss, a former chairman of the Democratic National Committee and ambassador to the Soviet Union, and Richard R. Burt, a former United States ambassador to Germany.

And more disturbing information from the same page...

His many and varied roles at Hollinger seem to have aroused questions even from Lord Black - a man who knew conflicts of interest if anyone did. In one case, Lord Black is said to have sent a letter to Mr. Perle, questioning the conflicts. There is no record of whether Mr. Perle answered the letter, the report says, and nothing seems to have been done about the issue.
Mr. Perle was chairman of Hollinger's Internet investing subsidiary, which lost lots of money. But he and other insiders had an unusual deal that gave them a share of profits from good investments without requiring those amounts to be offset by losses from bad investments.
Mr. Perle collected $3.1 million through that deal - payments that the committee said were not fully disclosed to shareholders, as they should have been. By the committee's account, Mr. Perle was responsible for $63.6 million in Hollinger investments, on which the company lost a net $49 million.
After the Internet boom collapsed, Mr. Perle persuaded Hollinger to invest in Trireme Partners, a venture capital firm that he helped found. He even signed, on Hollinger's behalf, the commitment letter for the investment.

Ties to Margaret Thatcher and British Telegraph PLC...

www.pnac.info...
The chairman of the Defense Policy Board is Richard Perle, the former Reagan Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs, now based at the neo-conservative American Enterprise Institute.
Perle, nicknamed "The Prince of Darkness" because of his nuclear Armageddon views during the Cold War, is, more importantly, an asset of Conrad Black's Hollinger International, Inc., which grew out of British Empire Security Coordinator William Stephenson's efforts to secure arms for Britain during World War II. At present, Hollinger owns the British Tory Party-linked Telegraph PLC, whose International Advisory Board is headed by former British Prime Minister, now Lady Margaret Thatcher.

Possible ties to Powell's resignation? The defense department is up to this scandal to it's eyeballs...

www.gseis.ucla.edu...
Inside the government, the chief defence intellectuals include Paul Wolfowitz, the deputy secretary of defence. He is the defence mastermind of the Bush administration; Donald Rumsfeld is an elderly figurehead who holds the position of defence secretary only because Wolfowitz himself is too controversial. Others include Douglas Feith, the number three at the Pentagon; Lewis "Scooter" Libby, a Wolfowitz protege who is Cheney's chief of staff; John R Bolton, a right-winger assigned to the State Department to keep Colin Powell in check; and Elliott Abrams, recently appointed to head Middle East policy at the National Security Council. On the outside are James Woolsey, the former CIA director, who has tried repeatedly to link both 9/11 and the anthrax letters in the US to Saddam Hussein, and Richard Perle, who has just resigned from his unpaid defence department advisory post after a lobbying scandal.

Just on a side note, I wanted to thank all the compassionate conservatives out there for voting these turds back into office. Try researching the criminals before you vote for them next time eh?

More information...

www.disinfopedia.org...
The SEC is also (as of December 2003) investigating dealings with companies with links to Henry Kissinger and Richard N. Perle. Hollinger put �8m into UK firm Cambridge Display Technology, in which Perle has a stake, and �1.5m in Trireme Associates, which has links to venture capital fund Trireme Partners LP, co-managed by Perle. Kissinger served as a board member of Trireme. [3]
Hollinger International makes an annual contribution of $200,000 to The National Interest, a conservative quarterly magazine that also has links to Perle and Kissinger. [4]

Apparently the Carlyle Group was going to bail them out, a claim they have since denied, but was reported by several major media outlets...
www.cp.org...
As much as you guys hate Rense.com, he has a good write up on this one...
www.rense.com...
Some additional information...
www2.ccnmatthews.com.../2004/01/16/0116101n.html?cp=hlg
www.sbpost.ie...

Dig around on google, this is much more involved than you think...
www.google.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Wow, not a single reply from the likes of edsinger, lostsailor, muadib...
What's the matter boys, don't like the way this post smells? It's funny somehow, all the flag waving and war crying, while the leaders of this new neoconservative movement stuff thier pockets. Ignoring the scandals and lies of the Bushies while singing their praises of righteousness and morality, even while they get hauled to court or off to jail...

Way to go neocons, you sure got a-way with the lawbooks.

Looks like my first submission to ATSNN was a flop, no post yet.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Just out of couriosity, can any of you mods let me know what's up with my submission of this story to ATSNN didn't make it to post? I am completely ignorant of the workings of ATSNN but it seems an oddity to me that "Japans record hot-dog eater branches out to put down 69 hamburgers" can make the news threads but this doesn't. Is there something wrong with my submission that needs fixed?

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
After all this, some months pass and I see Richard Perle still has his job... how sad. Capitalism at it's finest. The mroe evidence you present the right wingers, the more they ignore it.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   

After all this, some months pass and I see Richard Perle still has his job... how sad. Capitalism at it's finest. The mroe evidence you present the right wingers, the more they ignore it.

Don't you understand yet? The Bush crime family rewards this kind of behaviour with promotions and more opportunities to do the same.

Conrad Black is a crook plain and simple. He actually gave up his Canadian citizenship to become a Lord because Canada would not aquiesce in his demand that he be allowed to accept the lordship.

And the involvment of the Carlysle group is no suprise. Another gang of crooks and puppet string pullers. Canada's new ambasador to the US is a member of their board. Along with former Prime Minister Brian Mulroney. Another crook involved in a scandal for which he actually sued the government of Canada and won "libel" damages. He was the most hated Prime Minister in recent memory.

These people run the world and are well above the law. I don't trust our current Prime Minister either. His family owns Canada Steamship Lines and are no strangers to "old" money.

Edit: sorry I missed this post the first time around.

[edit on 3/12/2005 by Gools]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I forgot about this one too. ...My last update was that Hollinger was found guilty and fined, but has yet to pay the fines and is getting more contracts anyway.

Anyone on top of this?

and twitchy ...did you figure out how to do news submissions? If you need help, let me know.

But basically, the rules are simple and inflexible. ...The fisrt para is just the facts (who what, where, why when) ...The quote must be from a reliable source and can only be 2-3 paras.

The last part after the quote is open - get creative, critical, cut loose here. But NOT in the first para.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This post totally slipped under my radar. I agree with Sofi, you need to post this as a news item, something like "Help! Police! Stop those guys! They stole our country! hehe

Seriously, this was really good digging on your part twitchy. If I had any votes left you'd get 'em. It's sad to see the really good articles, thoughts, links, get buried by trash in this enormous information warehouse we all like to hang out in.

Repost this with a twist, or a passing current issue relevance attached, and I'd vote for it in a heartbeat. Hell, I've been submitting news stories about hammer wielding grannies, pissed off strippers, a mother who thought her child was the devil..see where I'm going with this.

But I suppose just like in mainstream media, the minutia rises to the top, and the heavy information sinks to the bottom...

I really admire your tenacity, never let the bastards get you down, twitchy my friend.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I did post it as a news item, but one fateful day I accidentally clicked on the "delete all" button on my subscribed threads list and when I did a search for Hollinger to add to it, it wouldn't put up the ATSNN thread and only showed this one. The thread didn't get a lot of responses from the community but it was a major scandal and a suspicious media 'non-event'. Richard Perle is probably the reason this story got supressed.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Update:

U.S. reveals inquiry into Hollinger
The Associated Press
Thursday, March 24, 2005
CHICAGO

U.S. prosecutors are conducting a fraud investigation into Hollinger Inc., the former newspaper owner Conrad Black and his former top deputy, David Radler.

The government acknowledged the criminal investigation for the first time Tuesday in court papers in which it asked to intervene in a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission lawsuit filed in November against Hollinger Inc., Black and Radler.

The commission alleges the men engaged in a "fraudulent and deceptive scheme" to take cash and other assets from Chicago-based Hollinger International and conceal the actions from shareholders. Hollinger Inc. is the Toronto-based holding company that has voting control over Hollinger International.
The government asked to delay until Aug. 1 the release of a document that the defendants requested from the commission "to protect the integrity of the related criminal investigation." Prosecutors requested a hearing for Wednesday.

The government asked to delay until Aug. 1 the release of a document that the defendants requested from the commission "to protect the integrity of the related criminal investigation." Prosecutors requested a hearing for Wednesday.

Hollinger Inquiry

Seems like more kleptocratic stonewalling. Delaying release of a document till August 1st? Enron trial scheduled for Jan. 17, 2006? What's with these ludicrous & all-telling expanses of time? Don't want to ruin the newly purchased summer mansion retreat or yacht cruises? Are they hoping for the "out of sight, out of mind" defense? Need more t...i...m...e to prepare the case - Give Me A Break

[edit on 23-3-2005 by Vajrayana]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   
A Footnote to an old thread...

Source
• A Picture Is Worth …
Surveillance cameras at Hollinger Inc.’s Toronto headquarters caught former CEO Conrad Black red-handed in May making off with cartons of files through a back door, flouting a court order while under criminal and securities investigations. The cameras had been installed earlier that day.

Bet you anything old Conrad Black was removing files that would implicate Richard Perle and Co. Openly defying a court order is pretty risky business.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Mod Edit: Please refrain from posting insulting comments about other members.

[edit on 12/17/05 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
All I said in graphic words perhaps was that some people enjoy seeing the demise of others and called it left-wing compassion. For those who didn’t get to read my original post.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Source
Hollinger Inc. suing Conrad Black and others, demanding over $700M
18:49:02 EDT Jul 6, 2006
DAVID PADDON

TORONTO (CP) - Conrad Black and several of his long-time associates are being hit with another major lawsuit, this one by Hollinger Inc. (TSX:HLG.C) which seeks more than $700 million for alleged activities dating back to the 1990s.

The publicly traded Toronto-based holding company, which Black formerly controlled as dominant shareholder, chairman and chief executive officer, disclosed Thursday that it is seeking $500 million for alleged breach of contract, conspiracy, negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, unjust enrichment and unlawful interference.
...In addition to Black, the action names his wife, Barbara Amiel-Black, former Hollinger associates David Radler, John Boultbee and Peter Atkinson and Ravelston Corp., a private company controlled and indirectly owned by Black and the other individual defendants.

Note the conspicuous lack of one Zionist, Richard Perle from this legal action. It must be tough to be Conrad Black right now, seeing Perle unscathed through all of this while you go down in flames. There's still an offhand chance the SEC might run Perle through the ringer, but it is highly doubtful given his ties.

If you ever wonder why we are so wrapped up in Israeli affairs, here's a good start...

Source
Known in Washington circles as "The Prince of Darkness," Perle is associated with the American Enterprise Institute and the Project for the New American Century, both of which have been prominent behind-the-scenes architects of the Bush administration's foreign policy, in particular its push for war with Iraq.

He is closely allied with former Deputy Secretary of Defense Paul Dundes Wolfowitz, another Iraq hawk. Perle is also a vocal supporter of Israel and a critic of Saudi Arabia. Perle is on the Advisory Board of the Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs (JINSA), and is a former chairman of the Defense Policy Board, a Defense Department advisory group composed primarily of former government officials, retired military officers, and academics.

People with this much influence on our foreign policy are not elected, and are not publicy held accountable for their actions. If Richard Perle's involvement in the Hollinger scandal has taught us anything, we should know that these zionists are above the law, and operate outside of democratic reprocussions. If they want a war, amazingly they get a war, and your kids go fight it. They get busted in criminal activity, they don't go to jail and you pay the reperations. Grotesque.

Want to hear something scary?
"If we just let our vision of the world go forth, and we embrace it entirely and we don't try to piece together clever diplomacy, but just wage a total war... our children will sing great songs about us years from now."
-Richard Perle

Scarier?
""I absolutely believe in assassinations."
-Richard Perle

This is one of the guys who decides on our foriegn policy... Screw diplomacy, kill em all. No wonder there can't be World Peace.

Some more on this creep...

home.earthlink.net...
"A Pentagon adviser, Richard Perle, briefed an investment seminar on ways to profit from conflicts in Iraq and North Korea just weeks after he received a top-secret government document on the crises in the two countries. The revelation yesterday provoked new concerns about conflicts of interest. Mr Perle also serves on the boards of several defence contractors."

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
wow

Great refs twitchy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join