It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC: All Americans Microchipped by 2017

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

With most of Americans keeping their cell phone and/or wifi device nearby, authorities already can track us thru cell phone towers and/or IP location.

However, with this move toward reasons such as combatting fraud of food stamps (which 1/3 US population is already on) and such as homeland security, and new legislation allowing specific uses, ie, the FDA just months ago approved the first RFID-based blood tracking:

www.healthcareitnews.com...

The UW-Madison team conducted tests to validate the safety of RFID technology with the blood supply, demonstrating no adverse impacts, such as temperature or biochemical changes.

No adverse impacts such temperature, or biochemical changes indicates though vague for now, they will be putting the RFID's in direct contact with the blood, which means in the blood and/or in the recipient - an initial framework of approval where the scope could be expanded with future broadened regulations and easier approvals of even more invasive uses.

Aside from the FDA, we also have the USDA is now considering biometric identification, and the RFID chip, for all individuals (1/3 population and growing) on Food Stamps and other public/government services:

www.swprn.com...

Eight states (Arizona, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York and Texas) currently use biometric identification systems like retinal scans and fingerprints, but at least half a dozen more, including Pennsylvania, are currently in the initial planning stages. Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, and South Carolina are all deciding whether to use RFID tracking for welfare and food stamp recipients.

The reasons given for the use of RFID tracking include elimination of fraud, and ease in administering the system. The evaluations of finger imaging systems conducted by six States have produced the following findings. However, only a small number of duplicate applications have been detected by finger imaging systems—approximately 1 out of every 5,000 cases.

Introducing finger scanning measures temporarily lowers caseloads, by 1 to 1.5% as existing clients refuse to comply with the requirement. The USDA isn’t sure how the public will react to having an RFID chip inserted into a hand as such devices will be perceived by many as “the mark of the beast,” and a violation of religious freedom based on the Bible’s admonition that all who take the mark of the beast are doomed to hell and who will suffer God’s wrath.

So, what if you 'refuse' an RFID tracking chip? Well, kids/parents are facing courts & prison punishment for exercising their freedom of belief against getting used to having an all seeing eye literally pinned on(in?) them at all times, 'preparing them for the real world' of government surveillance.

+35 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

WELL!!

I guess I must prepare myself to die then...............

Not gonna happen to this human! Last I knew farmers tagged their livestock! I'll be damned if I allow my government to tag me like a freakin animal!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Is not going to happen, If legislation is even dared to pass congress and signed by any given president on mandatory R-chips it will be no time at all before goes to the supreme court.

Is not going to happen in our lifetime for now.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Safeguard? I think that someone will easily be able to hack into the system and drain your wealth. The best system we had was when we used cash and checks. That is...before they made personal computers and printers that could scan a check and print a new batch or record the information so someone could order checks using your info.

Our whole system has gotten less secure than it was thirty years ago. When you have to pry money out of your wallet, it lasts longer than when you swipe a card. Seeing and feeling that money is good for most people. We should get paid in cash also, that way you feel the money go through your fingers.

I think we are creating a monster. These chips will be feeding the monster and you will not be able to deny if someone hacked your information by making an adjustible chip reader. You find that you are starving but spent a grand on food? Somehow someone was able to reproduce your info.

Everyone will be required to pay for those who are making their living being fraudsters.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Tag me. Just try and tag me. "Come at me bro!"

Tagging people. Chipping people.

Bring it on!

I'd say more but my NSA file is probably already in volumes.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

marg6043
Is not going to happen, If legislation is even dared to pass congress and signed by any given president on mandatory R-chips it will be no time at all before goes to the supreme court.

Yep, just like the American government throwing out the Constitution and ignoring the 1st, and 4th would never happen.

OH wait, Ats top threads has a smattering of all of that...

Never say never.

ETA:

My only problem with RFID is its red herring, Bio-metrics already works better for the stated purpose of the RFID chip.

Heres my bet for how this goes down.

Gov: " WE NEED RFID FOR SAFETY AND SECURITY OF THE ECONOMY!"

People: "Oh hell no"

GOV: "OH we never thought you would mind, Im so sorry, here is a less invasive and friendly system you are born with, all we need is a biometric data base so we wont need RFID"

People: "OH a database? not a chip in me? well I guess its okay"

And you get the same thing, just you thought it was your idea.
edit on 21-10-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Not gonna happen to this human! Last I knew farmers tagged their livestock!

Farmers fought tooth and nail to KEEP the GOVERNMENT from tagging their livestock! Most of us figure we would be next especially since the same RFID tages were being tested on hospital patients. What in Hades do you think the OBAMACARE program is really about?

USDA employing Delphi Technique:

For those unaware of NAIS, it is a WTO program meant to override US laws and facilitate movement of (even diseased) animals across international borders for the benefit of its corporate members.

...I believe it must come something of a surprise to find out not only did we read the bills, we printed them off…went over them line by line and realized NAIS, Premises ID and the fake food safety bills were nothing less than a coup meant to destroy and overtake the agricultural system in the US, replacing it with corporate industrialized farming and concentrated animal operations. We aren't about to let that happen.

As with any unelected bureaucracy, USDA decided all on its own that NAIS, Premises ID was a done deal. Oh! The arrogance of these little agency dictators in waiting

To make sure (they thought) they could limit the commenting, limit the statements and prevent most of the audience from participating at all the USDA employs the Delphi Technique. This is the technique of dividing and conquering. Simply put, every one who attended the [sic] Harrisburg meeting was handed a folder with a colored dot on it. When the break-out sessions started……anyone attending was more than likely separated from those they came with and sent to a room with a corresponding color coding.

The break-out sessions are nothing more than the Delphi Technique revisited and a means to divide the attendees and diffuse the conversation. Who ever might be in opposition to the conclusions, policies, or programs the facilitator is advancing is quickly singled out and actively shunned.

The biggest goal of the facilitator is for him/her to be perceived as part of the group. Once this is done, the facilitator asks for ideas and opinions, leading the group carefully to the pre-determined conclusions and leaving them believing it was all their idea. Only it didn't work this time. The farmers and ranchers, the cattlemen and horse people stood their ground. The only people shunned and shut out of the meetings were the facilitators.

It would seem we are not all quite as stupid as the USDA wants to believe we are.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

marg6043

Unless something happens in which the general population is begging for them. You know how those pesky "terrorists" can be.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Wookiep

marg6043

Unless something happens in which the general population is begging for them. You know how those pesky "terrorists" can be.

I know right? its not like they can manufacture a world economic collapse or anything to get us demanding better more secure monetary and asset controls right?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Your right!

Thus my statement that I must prepare to die!

Too bad that the government will use doctors to push their agenda. But isn't that the norm, they get others to do their nefarious biddings while they sit in their crystal palaces................I just hope that the doctors are smart enough to refuse!

It seems the police have been bought and paid for, will the doctors be willing to suffer the same demise as those corrupt police officers???

I don't think so. They aren't conditioned that way.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
If TPTB want to tag us...then in time they will tag us. They will come up with something so devious and so insidious that we will stand in line and and fight to get the tag. Then make us think it was our idea in the first place. Who knows this may already be happening in the 3rd world countries. We want realise its BS till it's way too late....Just like all the other things thats been crammed down our throats for the last 30 years. All in the name of FREEDOM.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

beezzer, I doubt that we agree on 95% of things, but I'm totally with you when it comes to this. There's no way I'd ever let anybody put one of those chips in my body.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You seem to have a tremendous (read: non-zero) amount of faith in the system to protect you and your rights.

You will find that faith to have been misplaced, as all will who trust in anyway such a corrupt system to protect them from the corrupt system.

edit on 10/21/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It kinda reminds me of the Drone Scene in The Bourne Legacy where the Drone tracks Jeremy Renner via his computer chip.

Let the great culling begin. (Ends with evil laugh Mwohahaha)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

All I can say about that is they better have a lot of them and be willing to make daily house calls because if the do manage to chip me I'm cutting it out as soon as I get home.

That's if the gestapo can hold me down long enough to implant one in the first place.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Yeah, sure.

We can't even get a National ID card, and ya'll think we are going to get chipped?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hey it could have been worse because I heard there were 2 other options they were considering
1. Dog Leashes with tags, or
2. Shaving everyone's heads and tattooing bar codes on them.

I guess this is the more discreet option.

One piece of advice,
INVEST IN A DEFIBRILATOR.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

MichaelPMaccabee
Yeah, sure.

We can't even get a National ID card, and ya'll think we are going to get chipped?

So why the never ending push for it, you can't use one government overstep of bounds failure to dismiss that the attempts are all there.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

openyourmind1262
If TPTB want to tag us...then in time they will tag us. They will come up with something so devious and so insidious that we will stand in line and and fight to get the tag. Then make us think it was our idea in the first place. Who knows this may already be happening in the 3rd world countries. We want realise its BS till it's way too late....Just like all the other things thats been crammed down our throats for the last 30 years. All in the name of FREEDOM.

With the influx of 30 million illegal aliens, larger numbers on welfare and foodstamps, and imagine a government that says,

"With all the fraud and such large numbers, for security and safety, we will require all people on entitlement programs to be chipped."

And there is your line!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
My dogs are chipped. Its handy if they get lost so they can check them see where they live but, its not like they can be tracked or anything. You have to take them to a place like the vets that can scan them. Of course they have have no power and so they can not broadcast unless they placed near a scanner and that provides the power. So they do have some limited use.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join